What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I remember my brother doing the exact same thing around that age. He had the operations and spent a few nights in hospital but ended up 100% again.

He did cry though. The big poof.

Hope she's better very soon.

Edited by ewerk

Tough little tyke! Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

I remember at primary school a kid fell off the monkey bars and broke his arm. They removed them after that, which was a crying shame I must say! They were damn good monkey bars.

Bless her. That's a typical night at work for me, especially in the school holidays. There's always a bairn who has fallen off the climbing frame/trampoline/bike who has nasty wrist and arm breaks. Trouble is, they spend the rest of the holidays in plaster!

Hope she's on the mend soon. Which hospital was she at?

Took her to Rake Lane, they put it in plaster straight away, then took it off for her op, they're going to check it in the morning it's just heavily bandaged now, don't know if a cast is going back on, but her bones have been fixed together back now with some screws drilled in.

I remember my brother doing the exact same thing around that age. He had the operations and spent a few nights in hospital but ended up 100% again.

He did cry though. The big poof.

Hope she's better very soon.

I did the same about her age so it runs in the family!

Also going to Mexico in four weeks so we're sweating about that.

She'll probably still have the cast on but will be fine to go.

What about the swimming, though? It'll kill her not going in the pool. We're seriously thinking of claiming on the insurance and moving the hol back till she's out of it and fine.

What about the swimming, though? It'll kill her not going in the pool. We're seriously thinking of claiming on the insurance and moving the hol back till she's out of it and fine.

You'd have to speak to the docs. She'll probably get a full cast put on in the next few days once the swelling from the surgery has gone done, so they may be able to put a waterproof one on if you explain the situation. You can also get waterproof covers for casts but your best bet is to speak to the doc who is treating her at the hospital and see what they say. Sometimes they just want the full cast for a couple of weeks but it can be up to 8.

Not that simple, some airlines don't let you travel with cast on because it might swell up

Most airlines are fine unless it's less than 48hrs since the cast was fitted. In this case it'll be 4 weeks, so there shouldn't be a problem. Always best to check with the airline and docs though.

I've had bother with insurance companies before so am not really looking forward to dealing with them IF it goes down that route. But thanks for the advice, folks. It's appreciated.

Went out to the park with my two daughters about dinner time and just back in the house now as my eldest who's nearly ten fell off the monkeybars and badly broke two bones in her arm. Not quite David Busst style but not far off it. I knew it was broke straight away as her forearm was in the shape of a banana. Straight to hospital, morphine and an operation later she's sitting up in bed and her Mam is staying over with her tonight as she had some screws put in the bones. What a fucking day and what a super, brave girl she is, never cried once.

The joys of parenthood!

Sorry to hear that. Poor lass. :(

No hol last year and a bad year for the family, no hol next year as this one was so dear. Unbelievable if we don't get to go. :crying:

If it cheers you up any I bit on some garlic bread out lass had made and broke my tooth clean off.

I now look like this :lol:

the_hangover_13510.jpg

can someonne change me username I did a mistake when I was typing it out.

Meant to be IAMAGEORDIE. Am a bad typer

You sure are

Ant, can you change my username to, 'IamthemusicmanIcomefromdownyourwayandIcanplayayyyy,whatcanyouplayayyyy,Iplaythebagpipes'?

Cheers, mate. :good:

Actually, just keep it as it is, cheers.

I feel like a kid who has been left out of everyone else's game and found out by accident that they're all playing out without me!

Bit less relaxed than I usually like to be cos we've set the ball rolling on a part ex deal for our place, with a view to moving to Great Park.

I'm anticipating them taking the piss to the point where it's not viable, although they must be pretty desperate to shift houses in the current market.

Edited by Gemmill