What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Tip top. On the way home from Once the Musical and ee, it was good. Really interesting production, quite unlike your usual West End fare. (It was a pressie for the fella's birthday, but I do like giving gifts that I'll get something out of too. :lol:)

After tonight I'll be getting off permanent weekend nightshift after 14 long months of 12 hour shifts. Moving to mon-fri 8hr day/late shifts. I genuinely pity the fool that asks if I fancy working a blob shift on a saturday/sunday in my new dept. :lol:

A bit demob happy.

Start a new job in a week's time and playing out time.

Quite gutted I didn't get put on gardening leave.

The situation has become a bit more complicated. Due to start the new job next week.

But I have a second interview for a different (better) job on Thursday and they've given very strong indications that I'll get it. Could well find myself in a situation where I am starting a job and leaving within a few days - that'll make me popular.

Anyone done this, had an employee do it?

Never been in a job without a lock-in/probationary period, so no. Don't know how I'd react in the same circumstances, either; I'd probably feel like I was pulling a bit of a cathword's trick, but then you've got to look out for yourself too.

It'll undoubtedly makes me a cathword in the eyes of the employer. But:

Job 1 - 90 minute commute, no bens, small company, no real ability to progress

Job 2 - 30 minute commute, loads of perks, massive company, all sorts of progression opportunities

It's not even close.

It may be that I'll get an answer from the better job this week and just never join the other company. I haven't signed a contract yet and it states that during the probationary period either party can give a week's notice.