What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I agree, however there just seems to be one period after another where you've got to sit tight and suck it up doesnt it? Seems never ending. I suppose thats just the way things are. Money is a factor of course but not an overriding one. Im lazy, I dont want to be the CEO of anything, just a bearable job thats pays the bills. Its the 'in transit' part I've been stuck in for years thats just getting to me.

Yup

You should talk to Gemmill, he has the qualification and seems to find well paying jobs that involve little effort.

How was the Thanksgiving, then? :D

Seeing the word 'Thanksgiving' has given me a bit of a laugh though. I work for a company that is truly 'global' and which has an intranet type thing which you see when you're entering in process results. I sometimes have a look as the posts on it are unintentionally funny, especially the foreign ones, (ok, mainly the American ones :lol:). There was a thread that simply said 'Thanksgiving' so I had a gander at it. The OP basically said happy thanksgiving, what are you grateful for? Some sadsacks said they were grateful to work for such a great company :sick:, some said their families/loved ones etc, but there was a few that were proper 'God bless America' types who were thankful for the 'freedom' of their country, thankful for their constitution, forefathers etc, you get the drift. A couple of people posted questioning their constitution mainly the guns bit and fuck me, how touchy did the 'God bless America' types get! :lol: I basically learned through the GBA types that America had guns and it was a good job they did as the rest of the World came crying to America for help all the time as nobody is strong enough to fight for their own country other than the Americans. They seem to be the only country that has freedoms in their lands as well other various stuff I can't be arsed to write. Truly funny reading their craic but also slightly worrying that people who are generally pleasant, polite and a canny bunch can be so brainwashed and one-eyed when it comes to anything that might be a slight criticism of their country, (as well as their* wholly ignorant views of the World).

*The God bless America types.

And that just about sums up the vast majority of those in the US that I've come across. They are lovely people mostly, very "folksy" and "homely" but question anything about their way of life and you're the devil incarnate.

My sister in law isn't like that, she lived in Vegas and Lake Tahoe as a kid and had nowt to do with guns or religion so she's fairly well balanced. But you're right, I was asked what I was thankful for after I'd finished my "green bean casserole with sweet marshmellows and pineapple" :lol: / :puke: which accompanied my turkey and sweet potatoes... I said I was thankful for having Newcastle United in my life :thumbup:

You should talk to Gemmill, he has the qualification and seems to find well paying jobs that involve little effort.

:lol: I've topped out on salary now though. You can't get any further up the corporate ladder with the effort I'm prepared to put in.

Having said that, I've been assigned to a project recently which is causing me to have to work harder than I ever have in my career. It's with and for people that I wouldn't normally work with, and I'm genuinely concerned that they will get the impression that I'm prepared to continue with this level of effort when it's all finished. This is strictly a temporary deal as far as I'm concerned.

And that just about sums up the vast majority of those in the US that I've come across. They are lovely people mostly, very "folksy" and "homely" but question anything about their way of life and you're the devil incarnate.

My sister in law isn't like that, she lived in Vegas and Lake Tahoe as a kid and had nowt to do with guns or religion so she's fairly well balanced. But you're right, I was asked what I was thankful for after I'd finished my "green bean casserole with sweet marshmellows and pineapple" :lol: / :puke: which accompanied my turkey and sweet potatoes... I said I was thankful for having Newcastle United in my life :thumbup:

tumblr_m2h6i2dS3s1r9bg7xo1_500.gif

"Beans? Marshmellow?!"

:lol: I've topped out on salary now though. You can't get any further up the corporate ladder with the effort I'm prepared to put in.

Having said that, I've been assigned to a project recently which is causing me to have to work harder than I ever have in my career. It's with and for people that I wouldn't normally work with, and I'm genuinely concerned that they will get the impression that I'm prepared to continue with this level of effort when it's all finished. This is strictly a temporary deal as far as I'm concerned.

Just bring the roomba into work and then they'll see that you're as lazy and work shy as ever.

Jolly.

The wife's had Xmas tunes on since 7.30am. Tree and decco's going up once I'm fit to move and get up in the loft.

Might have a bit mulled wine later.

Got up in the loft yesterday to get our Christmas stuff down. Left the house to Christmas songs being played as Mrs HMHM ably assisted by the daughters of the Casa. Came in after seeing us beat west brom a bit drunk to see all the decorations up and the tree looking great. First proper Sunday off as well since my switch to Mon-Fri work and it feels good getting up having breakfast and not having the black cloud of going to work on a Sunday teatime not hanging over me. Nice. :D

Got up in the loft yesterday to get our Christmas stuff down. Left the house to Christmas songs being played as Mrs HMHM ably assisted by the daughters of the Casa. Came in after seeing us beat west brom a bit drunk to see all the decorations up and the tree looking great. First proper Sunday off as well since my switch to Mon-Fri work and it feels good getting up having breakfast and not having the black cloud of going to work on a Sunday teatime not hanging over me. Nice. :D

No more permanent nights? Good times! :thumbup:

Edited by PaddockLad

I was so proud last night. The bairn spent the night at his 'other' grandparents as his dad was at the match. Said grandparents are dead canny but they're Mackem through and through - go to matches, live in Seaham, say things like "eeee it's bee-yew-ti-ful" etc etc. I rang the bairn before I went to work to be told he'd just gone in the bath as he'd insisted on watching the whole of the first half of our game before he went. He then came on the phone and excitedly announced "Mammy! The Toon Toon are one and zero! I think we are winning!!" He then proceeded to give me minute by minute commentary including "Uh-oh mam, the red team have just scored so it's one and one which means we've got a draw" and then "WE'VE SCORED AGAIN! It's two and one and the Toon are winning! Wooo-hooooo!"

Possible one of the proudest moments in the last 4 years. In theTyneside vs Wearside battle it looks like we've won this one. Poor bugger :D