What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I've been in Chicago this weekend, weather has been horrendous. 7 hours time difference meant my 6.30am meeting on Saturday morning was not as outrageous as it at first appeared. Got shredded last night to make up for it. Canny violent city, been loads of murders since I got here. Very corrupt Police too according to an article I read recently. Good steaks though.

Is that a confession?

Nervy mood. Start the last 6 months of chemo I'll ever have today. Going to be in hospital all afternoon, for blood tests, all manner of health tests, and the big one an hour in a tube to see if the brain cancer has still piped down. I get it every three months, so aye, big day. I'm confident I'll be ok though, this is day 8 of no drink too so I'm being a good boy.

Thanks Parky and Alex. Piece of piss today. Unfortunately by Wednesday I'll look and feel like I have a screw missing forgetting my sex and football team (a good thing just now), I know the drill now. Then in 10 days I'm me again taking the plaudits of how well I'm coping like an arrogant arsehole. One good thing though, I'm at day 8 with no peeve, and I've promised people I have 25 to go.

Good effort & good luck :up:

I tried some non-alcoholic stuff at the weekend as my mates were over for the FA Cup, I actually didn't miss the alcohol content at all & woke up without a headache so it was all good! :up:

Some of it's really not bad these days (some is utter piss, mind!), certainly does the job if you need the crutch of a beer bottle in your hand and the taste of the drink, which I still do if it's a nice sunny day or the match is on or I'm getting excited about the Eurovision voting or whatever. :D Old habits die hard!

Good effort & good luck :up:

I tried some non-alcoholic stuff at the weekend as my mates were over for the FA Cup, I actually didn't miss the alcohol content at all & woke up without a headache so it was all good! :up:

I've also been sampling some non-alcoholic alternatives recently. I had high hopes for Cobra Zero but it was awful, far too sweet. Bavaria (the only option from the local One Stop Shop :lol: ) was pretty bad too.

Best I've found so far is non-alcoholic pear Kopparberg and I don't like the alcoholic version of that! Need to try the mixed fruits one but Morrisons were sold out the other day, bastards.

My dad's had to pack in drinking and he has Becks Blue regularly now, basically because it's the only option that's widely available. Which is slightly odd because he was always a Brown Ale drinker rather than of the other usual lagers/beers.

Most non alcoholic beer needs to be chilled to nearly zero degrees to be anywhere near drinkable.

Aye, being served room temperature non-alcoholic Budweiser in Saudi Arabia certainly didn't improve the experience.

My dad's had to pack in drinking and he has Becks Blue regularly now, basically because it's the only option that's widely available. Which is slightly odd because he was always a Brown Ale drinker rather than of the other usual lagers/beers.

Tesco do a few nice ones including a wheat beer. (Bavaria)

Tesco do a few nice ones including a wheat beer. (Bavaria)

I already mentioned that one in my previous post, I thought it was bloody awful. :lol:

The wheat beer one is canny as far as I'm concerned (though Erdinger's is better), the regular Bavaria "lager"... not so much. (But aye, being served ice cold is crucial in any case...)

I've also been sampling some non-alcoholic alternatives recently. I had high hopes for Cobra Zero but it was awful, far too sweet. Bavaria (the only option from the local One Stop Shop :lol: ) was pretty bad too.

Best I've found so far is non-alcoholic pear Kopparberg and I don't like the alcoholic version of that! Need to try the mixed fruits one but Morrisons were sold out the other day, bastards.

I liked the Kopparberg mind, got it free with a meal in 'Spoons or it would have been £3.20 like but Sainsbury's have them at 95p at the moment. I did like the Becks Blue like - it actually tastes like beer, but KCG is right - it has to be pretty cold.

After a while I didn't even notice really. I only got it because it's wise not to drink with the tablets I'm on for my leg but I'm happy to make a habit of it. Cheaper too! :up:

Hungover, was at a works pub quiz lasted night put on by Diageo. Free cocktails all night (or Guinness).

tumblr_mpvhucvqex1s2cq9po1_500.gif

Shite. When you have your chemo tablets your supposed to have bread an hour earlier so the tablets don't work themselves too much when you have them an hour later. Been sick 4 times in the last 20 minutes, stomach doing the Blaydon Races like we used to do in the Corner in the late 80s.