What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Anyone else just get sick of the world sometimes?

Wars, famines, child abuse, the ridiculousness of warring over which religion is better, corporate greed etc etc etc and not knowing how to fix any of it?

I appreciate I'm probably having an emo moment, or maybe it's being a new dad. Work probably doesn't help either!

One day I'd like to have the bottle to go abroad and do some charity work like Cath.

Aye, it's shite. I've tried to get involved in local stuff a bit recently, bit of volunteering to clear up overgrown/run-down areas, helping get our local junior parkrun set up and stuff - it's pissing in the wind really, but you feel utterly powerless to change the big stuff so what else can you do but try and be nice to the people immediately around you. Even if some of them are undoubtedly cunts too. :lol:

(Million times easier when you don't have kids though, obviously. I can't even imagine the time and energy drain...) (sorry)

• 1 month later...

Congrats Rayvin, good darts mate. In other work related news today I've been threatened with being sacked for reporting a health and safety issue (out of date scaffold tag, which was dangerous even before the tag was out of date, it had been altered by a third party) Needless to say, am fucking furious :(

Congrats Rayvin, good darts mate. In other work related news today I've been threatened with being sacked for reporting a health and safety issue (out of date scaffold tag, which was dangerous even before the tag was out of date, it had been altered by a third party) Needless to say, am fucking furious :(

Thats fucking ridiculous, on what grounds?

All bets are off gents, I'm a self employed sub contractor. But that's just the construction industry's way of controlling things/people who rock the boat. Most of us can be sacked on the spot without the course to unions as they don't recognise the self employed as employees, despite me working set hours, filling a weekly timesheet, having weekly pay etc etc. Self employment is just a convenient payment method. There are benefits for me too tbf.

The contract manager was in a strop and didn't like the way it wax reported (by the lad I was working with, we both got a bollocking) so he said "any more of that and you can pack your tools" . He didn't have the balls to do it himself, he got his brother (our supervisor) to do it. So I left at half 4 with a scowl on my face instead of my usual half 6 and the supervisor came running after me wondering what was wrong :lol: clueless prick.

As a H&S person working in construction, that sounds like a boss who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. I would be praising you for doing your pre-use checks on the scaff and tag. He sounds like a fucking ballbag using H&S as a way to pick fights.

Rayvin, for the amount of time you waste on here that has to be considered a good effort.

I have actually pointed out to the board that I am under utilised but we're performing well so I'm getting credit anyway. In other words, they don't care what I'm doing as long as they make as much money as they have been. So expect to see plenty more posts about the evil establishment from me ;)

As a H&S person working in construction, that sounds like a boss who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. I would be praising you for doing your pre-use checks on the scaff and tag. He sounds like a fucking ballbag using H&S as a way to pick fights.

Fuck H&S now we're out of the EU anyway. NO MORE RED TAPE saving lives.

Delighted! I got a promotion today at work and coincidentally had taken tomorrow off. Which means I'm getting hammered tonight! :D

Congrats mate.

How's the head this morning?

1469561364658.gif