What mood are you in and why?

catmag

• 4 months later...

Yep. All fun is supposed to be banned for the week. Seems like every detail has been put forth. "Prayer" is listed several times and they can get to fuck! Not lying, this year I was handed a "schedule".

My mum has seven sisters and two brothers. 

Tomorrow, we are going to sneak off aka get hollered at because we are trekking to the sea lion caves.

Once had a gaffer in charge of the companies money taking us on a night out many years ago and he printed off his 'schedule' of where we going and how long we'd be in each place. He'd got the job from 'the offices' and wasn't from 'the shop floor'. Needless to say he had some arms round his shoulders explaining the error of his ways whilst he was buying the rounds in different bars at different times later on that night. :good:

• 1 month later...

A mix of mild excitement and average trepidation. 

I’ve left the business I’ve been at for 10yrs, today was the first day of my offshore survival training, all things being well I should be twiddling my thumbs on a rig off the coast of Holland in a few weeks time. 

Life begins (again) at 50 :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve left the business I’ve been at for 10yrs, today was the first day of my offshore survival training, all things being well I should be twiddling my thumbs on a rig off the coast of Holland in a few weeks time. 

Nice one mate are you doing it down in Boro? 

I am not a good good swimmer and when I did the bit when they drop the helicopter into the pool and flip it over, I got out of my seat and out of the window before the cunt had hit the water.

There was one fella who couldn’t work his seat belt, so just held his breath until they pulled the helicopter back up, stupid smoggy cunt (aye, I’m from Boro).

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Good on ya Fist!  I'm in the same boat here, today is the first day of my self employment.  Starting my own consulting firm, excited but terrified as well.

Good Luck young man!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

I’m doing it at AIS in North Shields mate. 

Pool day is Wednesday, so I’ll let know how much I shit myself in the chopper drill. :good:

Best part is seeing some of the “lads” in their wetsuit. Fellas who have been offshore since year dot and slammed on about 10 clem, just doing a refresher course.

Them squeezing through the helicopter windows is prettt funny

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Best of luck mate! 

Finding work and contracts isn’t too hard when you’re self employed, getting the fuckers to actually pay you for said work is the tricky bit. 

Cheers, yeah I will be sending invoices with the Issued for Review copies, nothing gets stamped til I get paid.

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Good luck with the move. 10 years from now you could be blowing up Astroids and saving the world :)

On 12/02/2019 at 08:31, Christmas Tree said:

When I’m bored I like looking at Flight Radar and see where the big jet overhead is off too, (I know, add it to the sad list), it always amazes me the number of helicopters constantly back and forth to the rigs. Usually about 150mph at 2000ft.

87607837-F7BE-4C59-9E56-B1EE711C255B.jpeg

Blatantly checking for immigrant boats. 

• Haha 4