What mood are you in and why?

catmag

My last 12 months is getting better and better. I had cancer last year, my grandad died at Xmas and now my old man has bowel cancer.

He goes into James cook early April to just have it out and bag fitted, hopefully just one blast of precautionary chemo (depending on biopsy), then 4 months on the mend.

Only 66 and main carer for my disabled brother, make sure you get yourself checked out lads x

7 minutes ago, strawb said:

My last 12 months is getting better and better. I had cancer last year, my grandad died at Xmas and now my old man has bowel cancer.

He goes into James cook early April to just have it out and bag fitted, hopefully just one blast of precautionary chemo (depending on biopsy), then 4 months on the mend.

Only 66 and main carer for my disabled brother, make sure you get yourself checked out lads x

A tough road, mate. I hope things go as smoothly as they possibly can for your family.

19 minutes ago, strawb said:

Sorry to hear that, mate

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2019 at 21:15, strawb said:

He had the operation and has just had the all clear, they might give him one shot of chemo as a precaution. I’m absolutely buzzing!

Cans and football

• Like 5

Can’t stress enough my admiration for the NHS, saved my life twice, my brothers and now my dads.

Also can’t stress enough how important it is to check things you think may not be right.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2019 at 08:40, Monkeys Fist said:

There’s a story here, are we going to have to drag it out of you line by line? 

It probably involves seagulls 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mildly exasperated. 

Took some sub-contracting work last week, just off Threadneedle St. which was nightshifts. 

Arrived on site Tuesday evening- client hadn’t been informed we were arriving, couldn’t work Tuesday. 

Wednesday;

Went in, familiarised myself with site, inventoried kit and checked the steam cleaner- half of it was missing. 

Couldn’t work Wednesday :lol:

Thursday;

Spent the afternoon schlepping around Lahndan trying to replace missing gear, managed to get half of it, but I’d be able to get started that night. 

Go to site, finally able to start- rig ropes whilst it’s still light, come down and set up steam cleaner, switch it on… its fucked, not heating water. :lol:

Couldn’t work Thursday. 

Friday:

I’m sent instructions to perform a repair, but will need to buy some tools, so I take a lovely afternoon stroll along Cable Street, past the site the Fascists got their arses kicked, and pick up some tools. 

Later, head in to site to carry out repair. 

Carry out repair. 

It’s still fucked. :lol:

I’m given a number to ring for an engineer, have a chat with him, he confirms that it’s fucked, and won’t be able to un-fuck it until Monday. 

I relay all this back to Contractor, telling them to have it fixed/replaced on Monday. 

Couldn’t work Friday :lol:

I came home late Friday, just got the train to ‘Boro this morning to leave from there at midday. 

Im told on arrival at Boro offices that it’s still fucked, so I’ve come home, telling all involved to pull their heads out of their arses and stop wasting my fucking time. 

Still, getting paid 4x 12 hr shifts for nowt, plus travel and expenses. :hi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still trying mate. 

Might have something offshore lined up in Dubai ( :lol: ) in September. 

Meanwhile, I’ll be Victor Meldrewing my way through waves of incompetent twats onshore. 

On 03/06/2019 at 14:09, Monkeys Fist said:

Mildly exasperated. 

Took some sub-contracting work last week, just off Threadneedle St. which was nightshifts. 

Arrived on site Tuesday evening- client hadn’t been informed we were arriving, couldn’t work Tuesday. 

Wednesday;

Went in, familiarised myself with site, inventoried kit and checked the steam cleaner- half of it was missing. 

Couldn’t work Wednesday :lol:

Thursday;

Spent the afternoon schlepping around Lahndan trying to replace missing gear, managed to get half of it, but I’d be able to get started that night. 

Go to site, finally able to start- rig ropes whilst it’s still light, come down and set up steam cleaner, switch it on… its fucked, not heating water. :lol:

Couldn’t work Thursday. 

Friday:

I’m sent instructions to perform a repair, but will need to buy some tools, so I take a lovely afternoon stroll along Cable Street, past the site the Fascists got their arses kicked, and pick up some tools. 

Later, head in to site to carry out repair. 

Carry out repair. 

It’s still fucked. :lol:

I’m given a number to ring for an engineer, have a chat with him, he confirms that it’s fucked, and won’t be able to un-fuck it until Monday. 

I relay all this back to Contractor, telling them to have it fixed/replaced on Monday. 

Couldn’t work Friday :lol:

I came home late Friday, just got the train to ‘Boro this morning to leave from there at midday. 

Im told on arrival at Boro offices that it’s still fucked, so I’ve come home, telling all involved to pull their heads out of their arses and stop wasting my fucking time. 

Still, getting paid 4x 12 hr shifts for nowt, plus travel and expenses. :hi:

That last sentence is all that counts. :lol:

• Haha 1