What mood are you in and why?

catmag

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

Knackered. 

Both the little man and the Mrs have the Flu. 

He's been coughing and not himself for a few days, took him into the GP who said it was a viral infection, probably the flu and to keep an eye on how much he's feeding, if he's dehyrdated and for any marks on his body. Saturday he's properly listless, and there's a mark on his shoulder so we phone 111, they send an ambulance sharpish. Paramedics look him over, but by now he's fed and had another power nap. HE's brighter and the paramedic says that the mark is probably just a mark from the carseat or his cot or wherever. Then some over-zealous GP he phones insists we take Little Fish to Hospital. Paramedic apologises for being unprofessional then says that we should go to hospital if we're at all worried and it's definitely the absolute safest thing to do, but it's his personal opinion that the GP is passing the buck and has ignored the information and opinion he gave over the phone. We're at Hospital for 6 hours, all the while little laddy is getting more uncomfortable and fed up, and the wife is the same. One Doctor examined him then remarked "Oh, he's a bit grumpy isn't he?" "Aye", I said, "He's not slept properly in 4hrs, and people keep waking him up to poke and prod him" Mrs Fish wasn't happy with me.

Then they have to take bloods, so I'm restraining my son as he thrashes and screams bloody murder because the nurse can't complete the task right and has to get a doctor to help.

Get sent to paediatrics, then after 2hrs waiting they check the results, give him a once over and send us home because he's got the flu.

Total waste of our time, and the hospital staff's, all because some out of hour GP didn't trust the paramedic.

anyway, I'm fucking exhausted and needed some catharsis.

never call 111, is my advice - they always tell to go to a&e if you're worried. 

sounds like it's fish's first kid. I was in and out of a&e with our first - mainly because mrs G was a nervous wreck whenever he got a fever/rash. i'm cool as ice and always try to talk her into staying, though she did get it right once when he was admitted with scarlet fever. 

i don't think we've been in once with our second. 

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

sounds like it's fish's first kid. I was in and out of a&e with our first - mainly because mrs G was a nervous wreck whenever he got a fever/rash. i'm cool as ice and always try to talk her into staying, though she did get it right once when he was admitted with scarlet fever. 

i don't think we've been in once with our second. 

Chill Dads fer lyfe, bro! :friends: 

"Peter Pigeon, general builder here. Over the moon at the minute, did a quick botch job on a lentil eating leftie with a bird phobia. How'd you get the job, you ask? I told him I'd get some family to move into his chimney if I didn't get the job and that sealed it to be honest, mate. He was shitting it! Anyway, turns out he sent £400 online to someone else and it only ended up in my account instead as the Herbert put my account details instead of the geezer who was supposed to get it. Happy days!"

62715.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

No idea how I'm going to keep sane working from home. I'm a creature of habit and sitting at the table, trying to work on a laptop instead of being in the office is weird. Especially as the wife has a 1,000 piece Winnie the Pooh jigsaw just begging to be finished...

• Haha 1

I mean, I don't want to be the wfh police but fuck me, give me this over having to get on packed tubes or sit next to some cunt who doesn't wash his hands cos "it's MY fucking knob I've touched!" 

If you're still getting a wage, you've hit the corona lottery. If you're still getting a wage AND getting to do it from home, you're a big time rollover winner. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean, I don't want to be the wfh police but fuck me, give me this over having to get on packed tubes or sit next to some cunt who doesn't wash his hands cos "it's MY fucking knob I've touched!" 

If you're still getting a wage, you've hit the corona lottery. If you're still getting a wage AND getting to do it from home, you're a big time rollover winner. 

Agreed. Although it’s obvious you don’t have kids :lol: 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I get you, I've been all over the place mentally throughout this whole year to be honest, and like you, in a way it's never been like before (though thinking back, it was brewing before COVID so I can't blame it entirely on that - the state of the world has massively exacerbated it though). Probably should go (well, "go") and see someone about it at some point, but never having done so before, kickstarting that whole thing just feels like a right faff under the current circumstances, I dunno. I've even deleted this post then rewritten it a couple of times due to anxiety over whether saying all of this out loud is too much like making your post all about me. Go figure. :lol: 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I get you, I've been all over the place mentally throughout this whole year to be honest, and like you, in a way it's never been like before (though thinking back, it was brewing before COVID so I can't blame it entirely on that - the state of the world has massively exacerbated it though). Probably should go (well, "go") and see someone about it at some point, but never having done so before, kickstarting that whole thing just feels like a right faff under the current circumstances, I dunno. I've even deleted this post then rewritten it a couple of times due to anxiety over whether saying all of this out loud is too much like making your post all about me. Go figure. :lol: 

Well I’ve just bought running shoes if you need a smile :lol:

Seriously, this year has effected a lot of people mentally in a lot of ways whether it’s the isolation, worrying about money, health, kids, work etc etc. You are both definitley not alone.

My advice is try and not to worry about the news / stuff you can not do anything about and get up tomorrow and just give one of the charity’s a ring and get some stuff off your chest.

All the best to the both of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We should’ve still gone for that coffee on Monday. You’re definitely not on your own. 

Hope you're all alright. I've had the last two weeks or so mostly away from twitter and that makes a massive difference. We're not cut out to be scrolling past terrible news and horrible people all day. Even the responses from the "goodies" are snarky and unhealthy for the most part. 

Anyway, hope things improve for you all.