What mood are you in and why?

catmag

It comes in waves for me. My anxiety from covid has been replaced by more immediate concerns, although its made practical issues much harder. Then the added day to day stresses (work, my roof is leaking, money, kids etc)  and its easy to see how you could have a breakdown. Ive had one before and never want to go back there, plus I'm needed more than ever.

I don't use social media other than here, and here helps. 

• Like 1

things feel worse now than they did at the start of the crisis. 

then it was new, scary but also kind of fascinating - the enormity of the story, the zoom calls with friends and family, getting your weekly shop in at the local corner shop, clapping for the NHS - all that bollocks

the in the summer felt almost tolerable. case numbers falling then plateauing, little holidays around the country, getting out and seeing people a bit more - i started to feel i could get used to life like this.

now we're heading into winter, the inevitable second wave is here, we have at least 6 more months of this - probably another year, or more - it's bleak. no wonder anxiety levels are through the roof. i went to the pub last night, which doesn't help on that front. 

13 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I've even deleted this post then rewritten it a couple of times due to anxiety over whether saying all of this out loud is too much like making your post all about me. Go figure. :lol: 

Don't worry, Ant's done that instead ;) 

• Haha 2

@Dr Gloom If we had a government who were even just barely competent, even a Tory one that wasn’t bereft of a fucking clue, I’d feel a whole lot better about things. 
But the fucking clownshoes we have, combined with their headlong charge towards No Deal Brexit and the disaster that will be, keep me firmly in the “ shit’s fucked” camp. 

And I’m usually a cheerful pessimist- prepare for the worst and anything but that is a bonus. 
I wasn’t prepared for this shit. 

Work is also boxing my nut in since everyone is dropping like flies and the management are fucking hopeless in times of any kind of stress. I will say that fucking Twitter off last year helped enormously. I can only assume you have to be mentally ill or a chronic attention seeker to use that with any kind of frequency; it’s just a depression scroller. I think it’s fairly apparent that things are going to be absolutely fucked from here on in; economically, climate-wise, the lot so I think it’s more Important than ever to have any kind of support platform. Even if it is this bunch of pisstakers.

57 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

things feel worse now than they did at the start of the crisis. 

then it was new, scary but also kind of fascinating - the enormity of the story, the zoom calls with friends and family, getting your weekly shop in at the local corner shop, clapping for the NHS - all that bollocks

the in the summer felt almost tolerable. case numbers falling then plateauing, little holidays around the country, getting out and seeing people a bit more - i started to feel i could get used to life like this.

now we're heading into winter, the inevitable second wave is here, we have at least 6 more months of this - probably another year, or more - it's bleak. no wonder anxiety levels are through the roof. i went to the pub last night, which doesn't help on that front. 

Thanks for lifting the mood. :lol:

Ok it looks like avoid social media AND mute Dr Gloom's posts might be the way forward now. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thanks for lifting the mood. :lol:

Ok it looks like avoid social media AND mute Dr Gloom's posts might be the way forward now. 

Hey, at least you’ve got that 266 calorie dinner to look forward to 

• Haha 3

Mixed. Found a lump on my ribs (got a scan this weekend), think I might have flu too. I’ve been rough as fuck for a couple of days but none of the stated corona symptoms.

House is upside down from all the work, still waiting on planning permission to do the major work because it’s a conservation area and planning departments are shitholes full of jobsworths.

On the flip side my old man has finished his cancer treatment and it’s looking positive so far, and I’ve been offered a director level role within a different part of the group I currently work for. Less stress, more interesting work and more money.

Look after yourselves

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
On 24/09/2020 at 17:54, strawb said:

Mixed. Found a lump on my ribs (got a scan this weekend), think I might have flu too. I’ve been rough as fuck for a couple of days but none of the stated corona symptoms.

House is upside down from all the work, still waiting on planning permission to do the major work because it’s a conservation area and planning departments are shitholes full of jobsworths.

On the flip side my old man has finished his cancer treatment and it’s looking positive so far, and I’ve been offered a director level role within a different part of the group I currently work for. Less stress, more interesting work and more money.

Look after yourselves

Lump turned out to be nowt. Pretty happy I live near the Christie, the staff there are amazing.

Old man has had to move onto radiotherapy, but still looking positive.

My new job starts soon, just working my notice.

House is finished upstairs (things i could do myself) and expecting structural reports this week to get downstairs finished.

Bit drunk (blue label) but cheers all, look after yourself and your loved ones x

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, strawb said:

Lump turned out to be nowt. Pretty happy I live near the Christie, the staff there are amazing.

Old man has had to move onto radiotherapy, but still looking positive.

My new job starts soon, just working my notice.

House is finished upstairs (things i could do myself) and expecting structural reports this week to get downstairs finished.

Bit drunk (blue label) but cheers all, look after yourself and your loved ones x

Nice one, strawb

Been unintentionally on less calories than Gemmill after a bit of a shocker of a break-up. Despite all the perceived wisdom around such issues, taking a run and jump is proving difficult to resist. At one point after 5 sleepless nights I was straight up having visual hallucinations. Tried throwing myself into the gym for therapy but the appetite loss sapped me, and of course now it's closed. So I've come back on here given how cheerful it's been recently. Haven't been reading at all lately, any high points? Renton done anything nuts?

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Despite all the perceived wisdom around such issues, taking a run and jump is proving difficult to resist. 

Are you talking about what I think you’re talking about? 
Because that’s never the answer mate. 

Had a good bash at drink and drugs and that doesn't seem to be either. Went canny radgie and punched a double glazed window through, after her woman-beating ex appeared at it squaring up to me from behind the glass when I went to collect my belongings,  which whilst highlighting how nails I am ultimately resulted in a lot of blood and a visit from the police. So of course now I'm the bad guy, not the lying slag or the woman-beater she's returned to. Pretty much gone full-hobo now, haven't shaved in weeks which for a man that can't grow a beard isn't a good look. Also had to engage in a period of self-isolation which has left me alone to ruminate on events. All fun and games :lol:

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Had a good bash at drink and drugs and that doesn't seem to be either. Went canny radgie and punched a double glazed window through, after her woman-beating ex appeared at it squaring up to me from behind the glass when I went to collect my belongings,  which whilst highlighting how nails I am ultimately resulted in a lot of blood and a visit from the police. So of course now I'm the bad guy, not the lying slag or the woman-beater she's returned to. Pretty much gone full-hobo now, haven't shaved in weeks which for a man that can't grow a beard isn't a good look. Also had to engage in a period of self-isolation which has left me alone to ruminate on events. All fun and games :lol:

You didn’t happen to put a bid in for Sunderland while you were at it?

• Haha 5