What mood are you in and why?

catmag

• 3 weeks later...

American medical support is absurd. Hospital said they do not have to give a referral. Ortho saying yes they do have to.  Denied entry for my appointment. Told to check back into the emergency room and received another referral to another MD. 

Showed up, and was denied again.  "Can we see proof of your secondary issuance?"

"It was a work injury!"

"Sorry. There is nothing I can do to help you."

Looking for jobs is a bigger headache than actually being in the one I have now. Managers elsewhere being 3 HOURS late to ring me for a phone interview with no explanation or even attempt at an excuse is the latest one, fucking hell. What kind of message does that send to anyone wanting to join their company? Not to mention the company that expected me to ring them for my interview when I rang them asking what the crack was about them not ringing. Not to mention companies leaving ads on websites after the closing date and e-mailing to tell me it was finished weeks ago. Everyone has completely lost their head since COVID.

On 15/10/2021 at 15:59, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Looking for jobs is a bigger headache than actually being in the one I have now. Managers elsewhere being 3 HOURS late to ring me for a phone interview with no explanation or even attempt at an excuse is the latest one, fucking hell. What kind of message does that send to anyone wanting to join their company? Not to mention the company that expected me to ring them for my interview when I rang them asking what the crack was about them not ringing. Not to mention companies leaving ads on websites after the closing date and e-mailing to tell me it was finished weeks ago. Everyone has completely lost their head since COVID.

What industry are you in?

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You a delivery driver these days? I thought you worked on the ropes? 

Was offshore on the ropes until the Lurgy hit. 
I was thinking of knocking it on the head for a while anyway, so called it a day. 
Doing this until I get my Class 1 HGV then I’ll be out trucking and killing prozzies. 👍

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Was offshore on the ropes until the Lurgy hit. 
I was thinking of knocking it on the head for a while anyway, so called it a day. 
Doing this until I get my Class 1 HGV then I’ll be out trucking and killing prozzies. 👍

Never been much into cars, bikes or trucks but always weirdly quite liked the idea of long distance lorry driving. Looks like as good a time as any to get into it like, plenty companies seemingly desperate for drivers which (in theory) should lead to deservedly improved working conditions over some time. 

Not for me like, but fucking hats off to anyone working or wanting to get into that game. Not meaning to be partronising here, just from everyone Ive known in that industry it seems more a fairly solitary way of life rather than just a job.

15 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'd also be one of those who would overtake another lorry on a two lane motorway if it was going half of a mph slower than me.

Totally acceptable in my book. When I see that I assume the drivers thinking "if I can go half a mile an hour faster I might get back home tonight and not have to sleep in this fucking thing again in a layby 5 miles from my house"

• Like 1