What mood are you in and why?

catmag

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Dry heaving in front of your kids. Not a great look. Had 4 pints last night, not a huge amount for me, drank slowly, so think this is stress and anxiety rather than just drink. GP wants.to see me on Tuesday so I guess my bloods aren't great. Feel so fucking low. The quicker I get on the mend the better. What an idiot I am. The one piece of advice everyone has given me is look after yourself. Then I do the opposite. Can't eat or even hold down water right now. Oh shit. 

I went through the dry heaving phase. Especially first thing in a morning. Definitely a sign of anxiety so you need a plan to remediate. I juts hope your GP is totally on the ball mate. 

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I could retire early mining this place for business! Is there anyone on here NOT in therapy? ;) 

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

🙋‍♂️ but I fuckin should be :D

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Likewise :D 

I was offered it… couldn’t be arsed :lol:

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2022 at 16:27, Renton said:

Really low. Had a great time in York at the weekend, took my mum and family to see my brother who lives there. Got a phone call this morning to inform me my uncle had passed. It wasn't expected. I stupidly told my mum straight away as I was in shock and not thinking straight, and she had a very public breakdown. That's her daughter, husband and kid brother she's lost in 14 months. I'm sick of everyone I love dying, feels like the family is being wiped out. My uncle lost his wife 4.years ago and I don't think he ever recovered. Devastated for my cousins who are a lot younger than me and now don't have parents. Oh, and my brother in law probably has lung cancer. Life fucking sucks. 

How you getting on Renton? 

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

How you getting on Renton? 

I'm feeling much better Craig. Took the weekend to rest, and then hit work with a vengeance on Monday, achieved more in 3 days than I had in the previous month. Was a needed distraction, plus relieved a fair bit of stress relating to work performance. Finding my councillor pretty hopeless though tbh and getting access to what I need on the NHS is very slow (GP cancelled my appointment last minute). In the meantime I am now firmly looking after myself, avoiding alcohol completely, eating healthy food, and exercising. I've almost got too much energy now though and still not sleeping well. It will come. Anyway, going to the funeral in Glasgow on Wednesday and will be a pall bearer for the second time in 2 months, 3rd time in about a year. Sounds daft but I'm worried about this because mu uncle was a big man, although I gather he lost a lot of weight since Christmas. Just hoping I don't drop him! 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Good on you Rents, hope you keep it up

Thanks mate, and to all. I absolutely will keep it up. Fairly convinced I hit a nadir last week, and if I stay physically healthy, I'll get back. As long as no other bugger dies in the near future, anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear mate, keep up the positive spirits. And I'm sure you'll do a sterling job as pallbearer. I've only done it twice but it was 5 months apart - my Nan and my Mum. 

• Like 3

Reflective. It's 25 years ago today since I lost my Mam. In terms of dealing with the loss, I processed that many, many years ago but I'm always reflective on 3 days of the year - Mother's Day, her birthday and today. 

It's always about the happy stuff, and I try to block out most of the hell we went through in the last 18 months with her but one memory that does stick in my mind is when she going through a particular bad spell, bed ridden and on the verge of being admitted to the hospice she had fuck all energy and slept most of the day, but that didn't stop her screaming down the stairs "have you heard!! We've signed Alan Shearer!!!" :D

It's less about that she's not here and more that ¼ century has passed since then. Utterly mental.

• Like 8

Feeling mildly pleased with myself, and Fist Jnr. 
704E17CD-5CD2-4E13-BC6A-5FC87D7DD46B.jpeg.4fe537e243c4a9d32bfebbcf5fb63d99.jpeg

2x25kg bags of mortar, few bricks, knee pads and several paracetamol later, we’ve built a new step that actually lines up with the doors. 
( you can see the base of the old one above) 

7E853A7C-A8B3-4909-A50C-47CFC1D968AD.thumb.jpeg.91e74698513028728f5ba87e4e4b3f5d.jpeg

Beer o’clock now. 

• Like 4

On 01/05/2022 at 18:07, Monkeys Fist said:

Feeling mildly pleased with myself, and Fist Jnr. 
704E17CD-5CD2-4E13-BC6A-5FC87D7DD46B.jpeg.4fe537e243c4a9d32bfebbcf5fb63d99.jpeg

2x25kg bags of mortar, few bricks, knee pads and several paracetamol later, we’ve built a new step that actually lines up with the doors. 
( you can see the base of the old one above) 

7E853A7C-A8B3-4909-A50C-47CFC1D968AD.thumb.jpeg.91e74698513028728f5ba87e4e4b3f5d.jpeg

Beer o’clock now. 

Wildly inappropriate for the little'un to black up for a spot of manual labour.

Can only assume that was your decision.

• Haha 1

Fuming, and at war with Hampshire FA. 

Back in October, we played a team from Portsmouth in a cup match, beat them and were subjected to some of the most vile abuse I've ever witnessed on a football pitch - to the extent that I reported it via the FA's whistle-blowing campaign to address discriminatory behaviour. To set the focus, one of my 15-year old lads was subjected to the following which was witnessed by players, parents and myself:

• Referred to a 'b***k c**t' by both an opposition player and coach.
  • Was threatened with being stabbed after the match.
  • Was told his mother was going to be raped.

The FA have deemed it appropriate to fine them £70 for it. We were issued with a £60 fine in the same match for pushing and shoving.

The FA said in mitigation, the opposition club had a good 5-year-discipline record. So basically they're letting off the racist and threatening actions of one individual because his club has been well behaved in past. 

So much for this 'No room for racism' campaign that the FA publicly campaign for. I've basically told them I wish I'd gone to the police as the FA are clearly 'all talk, no action'.

Have contemplated taking this to the press but have decided against it so as not to draw attention to either my team, or the player who was subjected to the abuse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

Back in October, we played a team from Portsmouth in a cup match, beat them and were subjected to some of the most vile abuse I've ever witnessed on a football pitch - to the extent that I reported it via the FA's whistle-blowing campaign to address discriminatory behaviour. To set the focus, one of my 15-year old lads was subjected to the following which was witnessed by players, parents and myself:

The FA have deemed it appropriate to fine them £70 for it. We were issued with a £60 fine in the same match for pushing and shoving.

The FA said in mitigation, the opposition club had a good 5-year-discipline record. So basically they're letting off the racist and threatening actions of one individual because his club has been well behaved in past. 

So much for this 'No room for racism' campaign that the FA publicly campaign for. I've basically told them I wish I'd gone to the police as the FA are clearly 'all talk, no action'.

Have contemplated taking this to the press but have decided against it so as not to draw attention to either my team, or the player who was subjected to the abuse.

fucking hell. that’s appalling.  

Relieved!

Left Green energy last year, a few weeks before they went bust and moved to Eon Next on a good fixed deal.

A month later I got an email saying my electricity was being transferred to Shell energy (not on a fixed deal).

Basically, because I was still on some database at Green energy, I got hauled up in all the stranded customers.

Shell took months to get me an account set up, all the time charging me over the top.

Anyway, 2 weeks after contacting the ombudsman I’m getting returned to Eon on my fixed deal, my electricity since October re-billed at my fixed rate and a compensation sum of £75.

Nice it all ended well and a big up for the ombudsman, but what a stressful ballache to sort out.

Edited by Christmas Tree

9 hours ago, Craig said:

That is shocking. I sit on a football disciplinary tribunal and that sort of thing would get a minimum 5 game ban, even if there was a guilty plea.  Don't know what the FA think they are doing.

On 03/05/2022 at 17:50, Craig said:

Tell them you will go to the press. You don't have to do it but see how they feel about the idea of such a flimsy statement being scrutinised. Beyond that, tell them that the next time it happens you'll just report it to the police and bypass them entirely. Everything you've set out basically, but just tell them you're doing it.

It is abhorrent.

• Like 1

So, buried my uncle yesterday in Arkleston cemetery, Renfrew. Beautiful view of the Trossachs in the distance against the backdrop of Glasgow and the constant hum of the M 8. All felt a bit surreal. Think I mentioned I was a pall bearer and nearly shat myself when I saw the size of the coffin. Managed okay though but have mild backache today. Feeling mentally strong, just hope this is the last funeral for a while . Cheers again for all your kind words guys over the past few months lads, really has helped me. Determined to appreciate life as much as I can because it really is fleeting. Something about the cemetery and its location brought that home to me in particular. The hills will be there long after I cease to exist but will unobserved, by me at least. Maybe all of humanity the way things are going. Sometimes I wish I had faith but unfortunately for me truth always trumps faith. Just the way it is. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Tell them you will go to the press. You don't have to do it but see how they feel about the idea of such a flimsy statement being scrutinised. Beyond that, tell them that the next time it happens you'll just report it to the police and bypass them entirely. Everything you've set out basically, but just tell them you're doing it.

It is abhorrent.

This is my email exchange with the 'Discipline Manager' at Hampshire FA. I'll leave it for you guys to draw your own conclusions.

image.thumb.png.ac17c09bc831e12ca6a2ed2dd6cc7ff4.png

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

I think you've conducted yourself very well in all that. The person on the other end clearly just wants to draw a line under it, and this may well be because they're a disempowered office admin in the whole thing, but ultimately it's clear that you're not going to get anywhere with them. You could try to go over his head I suppose but I'd imagine they'll just close ranks.

Well done for standing up for your players and for what's right though. Based on what he's said there, if it happens again, I would go to the police anyway mind. You can't trust the FA to do anything about it, clearly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think you've conducted yourself very well in all that. The person on the other end clearly just wants to draw a line under it, and this may well be because they're a disempowered office admin in the whole thing, but ultimately it's clear that you're not going to get anywhere with them. You could try to go over his head I suppose but I'd imagine they'll just close ranks.

Well done for standing up for your players and for what's right though. Based on what he's said there, if it happens again, I would go to the police anyway mind. You can't trust the FA to do anything about it, clearly.

I'm seriously contemplating going to 'Kick It Out' about it, but will completely de-personalise it if I did. 

• Like 1

I think you should. 

Enquiries from them might get a more appropriate response from your FA, whilst giving you some weighty back-up should your FA chose to be arseholes about it to you.