What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Absolutely livid! Today's the day they choose to do marketing photography of my house. They'd asked for it to be a day I wasn't at home so as not to disturb me working as it'd take a couple of hours. 

Came home 15 minutes ago to find EVERY FUCKING LIGHT IN THE HOUSE SWITCHED ON! :mad: What's more they decided to 're-dress' half the rooms so stuff is all over the place. 

Shitty email has been dispatched to the letting agent. 

Utter cunts,

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Unfailingly

I'm sorely tempted to tell them I won't permit viewings without me being being present and it be at my convenience if I can't trust them to turn fucking lights off. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Craig said:

I'm sorely tempted to tell them I won't permit viewings without me being being present and it be at my convenience if I can't trust them to turn fucking lights off. 

I’m surprised you haven’t already tbh. 

I'm not really a regular in general discussion so probably miss a lot of what's affecting the lives of the good folk of this messageboard, good and shit things happen to us all I suppose.

yesterday we said goodbye to the best friend either of us are ever likely to have. heading for thirteen and a half he'd been diagnosed with lymphoma about 3 months ago and we think he had a mini stroke about 4 weeks ago but amazingly pulled round to carry on being enthusiastic for walks, albeit at a slower pace.

last couple of days he started deteriorating and fuck knows its a devastating decision to have to make, but also the kind one.

ozzy was our first ever dog, we absolutely worshipped him and its been an honour and privilege to be his humans. a gaping hole in our lives and its fucking crushing.  :(

ozzy.....

20160926_114638.jpg

• Sad 16

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'm not really a regular in general discussion so probably miss a lot of what's affecting the lives of the good folk of this messageboard, good and shit things happen to us all I suppose.

yesterday we said goodbye to the best friend either of us are ever likely to have. heading for thirteen and a half he'd been diagnosed with lymphoma about 3 months ago and we think he had a mini stroke about 4 weeks ago but amazingly pulled round to carry on being enthusiastic for walks, albeit at a slower pace.

last couple of days he started deteriorating and fuck knows its a devastating decision to have to make, but also the kind one.

ozzy was our first ever dog, we absolutely worshipped him and its been an honour and privilege to be his humans. a gaping hole in our lives and its fucking crushing.  :(

ozzy.....

20160926_114638.jpg

Sorry for your loss. Absolutely horrible when this happens :( 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

ozzy.....

20160926_114638.jpg

Really sorry to hear this. Its fucking devastating losing a pet. It's a cliche but you do have to try and focus on the happy times (basically everything but the last bit with pets) and remember that they had a fucking mint life. 

I had to have my two cats put down in the summer and it was horrible. I still have to practically shout the memory out of my head when I remember the state one of them was in at the end. 

Anyway, condolences. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

ozzy.....

20160926_114638.jpg

Sorry to hear that, mate. Dogs are the fucking best. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

Sorry for your loss Brokendoll, great name for your dog as well. 

We've actually just welcomed a new dog into our family and so far she's an absolute treat. Our last boy passed away a few years ago after a very good 17 year innings. Between my folks and sisters we've now got five new dogs in the family (my SIL had her dog bred and we have one of the little or two). Dogs are amazing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Sorry to hear @thebrokendoll mate, we’ve had a dog 18 months (I’d never had one before) and I don’t know what I’d do without him now 

Relax, not be picking up stinking, fetid parcels, have peace and quiet, be richer… 

… but then you’d missed out on idiocy like this 

755FA997-124A-4A83-BFC2-17B945F2AB3C.thumb.jpeg.1c77d1799acd31e08a657acda2c5474f.jpeg

( sparked out three feet from his bed :lol: ). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

thank you all so much for the kind words, they're much appreciated by both of us, I've shown them to the wife too.

@Monkeys Fist.... he was 10 in that photo at the falls of falloch, spaniels seem to maintain their puppy enthusiasm well in to their life, especially where water and mud are involved!

@Gemmill.... i grew up with cats, my parents still have one now and theyre well in their 80s.

ive had it said to me in the last couple of days that the final act of kindness a good pet owner can give to their animal is to prevent it suffering. i accept this completely, but by god it didnt make saying goodbye any easier.

@OTF.... most people think ozzy's name was a connection to osbourne, but was in actual fact the closest we could get to naming him after ozora festival in hungary, he went there in 2011 and was like a magnet for stunning hippie chicks, something which pleased me immensely, I walked him by myself quite a lot that week!  ;)

@PaddockLad.... i dont doubt for a minute youll get every bit as much enjoyment and love from your first dog as weve had from ours

I think my one regret now is that I didn't get a dog till I was 47, however better late than never. enjoy mate, they change your life for the better.

finally, from this normally grumpy old cunt, I got ozzy in september '09 to coincide with me having packed my season ticket in, I'd already developed to a deep, deep hatred for ashley. I shortly afterwards set about converting a lwb sprinter. ozzy was a proper van dog and quite possibly part otter. off the top of me head he swam in scottish lochs, lake annecy, up the gorge du verdon, lake bled in slovenia and illegally in plitvice lakes in croatia, and many other bodies of water in between!

I know we gave him a fantastic life, but he enhanced ours more and I miss the little fucker so much.

• Like 10

On 14/10/2022 at 21:51, Craig said:

What a shit week. My ex-wife's mam, who is in her early 70s and suffers with dementia was taken ill last Saturday. She's suffered a stroke on has an infection that they cannot control. Consequently, she's been designated do not ventilate or resuscitate. Overnight she suffered a seizure and matters have deteriorated, they've reduced down her oxygen levels, removed her feeding tube and don't expect her to survive the night. 

The kids know she's unwell but aren't aware of the extent. The eldest failed her driving test today; the youngest is round mine with his mates and a load of beer because he's had a stressful week with college. 

Dealing with that sort of shit myself isn't an issue - I lost my own mam at 19, but having to be there for the kids is tough going. 

Glass is full and I'm raising a toast - she may be my ex-mother in law, but she's the only one I ever had.

Funeral today. It's fucking shite to sit there and watch your kids in pieces and not be able to do too much to make it easier. Pair of them were fucking mint mind you and did her proud. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear as well. Despite the fact my marriage didn't survive her and her husband were always incredibly kind to me - they recognised me as the father of their grandchildren and for that, they were always supportive. 

Raising a glass this evening.

• Like 9

Not in the best of places mentally. Too much going on that’s just absolutely shite. Yesterdays ‘couple of drinks during the match’ turned into an 11 hour bender where I averaged more than a drink and hour. And I somehow managed to work today as well.

Couple of people have checked in on me today and I’ve effectively told them I’m fine, leave me alone. Need to sort my shit out, for starters I’m getting on the wagon.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Not in the best of places mentally. Too much going on that’s just absolutely shite. Yesterdays ‘couple of drinks during the match’ turned into an 11 hour bender where I averaged more than a drink and hour. And I somehow managed to work today as well.

Couple of people have checked in on me today and I’ve effectively told them I’m fine, leave me alone. Need to sort my shit out, for starters I’m getting on the wagon.

Good luck Craig.  Hopefully things will start to look up soon.  Probably worth avoiding an argument with Gemmill, though. :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Hope you're OK Craig, but aye good idea to lay off the booze if you can. Shout if there's owt we can help with. 👍

Cheers 👍 just keep the humour rolling in the place. Seriously, it doesn’t half help.

• Like 2