What mood are you in and why?

catmag

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Hope you're OK Craig, but aye good idea to lay off the booze if you can. Shout if there's owt we can help with. 👍

Just to echo what Gemmill said, everybody here will help in any way they can I'm sure. You have people checking on you which means they care, if you can, reach out to them is my advice.

You'll know all this but alcohol is a depressant and honestly should never be used when you're in that place, no way can it help. I'm coming to 4 months off it now and whilst I still have most the issues that put me there in the first place, at least I can function now at a high level again. Not saying you are anywhere near where I was in this regard but for a lot of people its ultimately a one way direction unfortunately. Anyway, take care. 

• Like 6

Thanks mate.

Yeah it shocked me just how much I was knocking back, and in the knowledge I had to go to work the next day as well. Probably was a decent wake up call. I do have pretty decent awareness of when I'm starting to struggle and my first port of call is to withdraw - the last 48hrs I've basically done nothing and seen no-one and those reaching out are a source of irritation if that makes sense? 

The pandemic and 12 years of turgid Tory rule have definitely been contributing factors.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2022 at 09:21, thebrokendoll said:

I'm not really a regular in general discussion so probably miss a lot of what's affecting the lives of the good folk of this messageboard, good and shit things happen to us all I suppose.

yesterday we said goodbye to the best friend either of us are ever likely to have. heading for thirteen and a half he'd been diagnosed with lymphoma about 3 months ago and we think he had a mini stroke about 4 weeks ago but amazingly pulled round to carry on being enthusiastic for walks, albeit at a slower pace.

last couple of days he started deteriorating and fuck knows its a devastating decision to have to make, but also the kind one.

ozzy was our first ever dog, we absolutely worshipped him and its been an honour and privilege to be his humans. a gaping hole in our lives and its fucking crushing.  :(

ozzy.....

20160926_114638.jpg

devastating. Condolences

• Like 1

All the best Craig, totally understand where you're coming from and why.

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Cheers 👍 just keep the humour rolling in the place. Seriously, it doesn’t half help.

We can do that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Thanks mate.

Yeah it shocked me just how much I was knocking back, and in the knowledge I had to go to work the next day as well. Probably was a decent wake up call. I do have pretty decent awareness of when I'm starting to struggle and my first port of call is to withdraw - the last 48hrs I've basically done nothing and seen no-one and those reaching out are a source of irritation if that makes sense? 

The pandemic and 12 years of turgid Tory rule have definitely been contributing factors.

Best day of the year for me, been bliss, I love Thanksgiving. All the fucking yanks are off so my inbox isn't filled with irrelevant micro-management bullshit (I ignore it anyway but reading it disturbs my sense of tranquillity).

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

Good mate of mine's mother has days to live and I'm gutted for him but also just feel a bit sad full stop as I've known her since I was about 16 and despite never having a pot to piss in and a lot to deal with is just a lovely, lovely bubbly person. My pal let me know a few weeks ago how serious it was and I hadn't seen her for a few years so put that right and seen her twice since. His dad is also in hospital and doesn't yet know how imminent his wife's end probably is. I suppose it's coming or already came to most of us on here baring in mind our ages but the knowledge of it is more and more getting into my mind for my own folks. Was on the blower last night to him and what do you say? Like I say, gutted for them all. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Good mate of mine's mother has days to live and I'm gutted for him but also just feel a bit sad full stop as I've known her since I was about 16 and despite never having a pot to piss in and a lot to deal with is just a lovely, lovely bubbly person. My pal let me know a few weeks ago how serious it was and I hadn't seen her for a few years so put that right and seen her twice since. His dad is also in hospital and doesn't yet know how imminent his wife's end probably is. I suppose it's coming or already came to most of us on here baring in mind our ages but the knowledge of it is more and more getting into my mind for my own folks. Was on the blower last night to him and what do you say? Like I say, gutted for them all. 

nothing you can say really is there, other than just be there for your mate. sorry to hear the sad news mate

• Like 4

Echo what Gloom says 100%. Him just knowing you've got his back will be an enormous help, honestly.

Terry Hall has put me in a somewhat fatalistic mood today, listening to his first solo album right now which is fucking class, I'd forgotten how much. And as he said in the Specials, "Enjoy yourself, it's closer than you think". Sounds like your mate's Mam got this memo from what you've said about her. It's all any of us can try and do. 

• Like 4

I can only echo what others have said. I’m really sorry to hear about your bad news. Just letting someone know you’re there for them can make a massive difference at a time like this. 

• Like 2

Aye I know, just letting it out lads. :good: Used to go around all the time as it was one of those drop in houses, even used to nip in after a few beers when I didn't have enough money to stay out so used to get a couple of bags of chips and pop in even though my mate was still out on the piss with the rest of our mates. His mam and dad are absolute diamonds, like. Used to always have a good laugh with them. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Got my HGV test at 2pm- going out for pre-test drive now. 

Mildly shiting it. :lol:

Good luck, not that you need it. The streets will be safer with you at the helm, unless you happen to be a prostitute, of course. 

I'm sure you can always resit it anyway, although I know you have an aversion to sitting like a civlised person. 👍

• Haha 2

Ever feel that everything is just a little askew? Last couple of days, everything has just felt a little off. Like, food doesn't taste right, conversations have felt stilted, can't get comfortable in chairs or the bed.