What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Depressed... according to the doctor :(

Ignore him / her....Theres no such thing as depression. Read Tony Robbins. :o

One of the most successful experiences took place some years ago with a group of patients

diagnosed with clinical depression (one of the most profound forms of depression) for some

time. What the researchers did was put this group of people over a period of 10 minutes per day in

a room with mirrors 360 degrees. During that time they asked them to put the biggest smile in the

world. The exercise was repeated for 21 days and then the results were evaluated. The success

was truly inspiring. More than 60% of patients were no longer depressed and the majority of the

remaining sample stopped taking medication.

:D

There you go Craig, all you have to do is fill a room of your house with mirrors, then gurn at yourself all day-

ffs.............. :razz:

Hope things perk up for you soon.

Ignore the window cleaner Craig...... :D

Get the book, awaken the giant within (ebay a few quid or pm me your adress and I'll send you mine) think you can even download it now.

Lots of sceptics but it will sort you out, guaranteed. :panic:

A rather simplistic approach. The issue being depression will pretty much strip you of the motivation to do anything, let alone read a book and help yourself.

Don't get me wrong Tony Robbins is fantastic, I've been to his seminars and he has the ability to make a real difference (whether it's lasting is a different question).

Like most things though unless you want to help yourself there is little that anyone else can do.

I went to see a hypnotherapist and he helped me come through a low-point. The missus used to be on anti-depressants and my advice would be to avoid them if possible - very addictive and lead to quite horrid mood swings.

Regardless, Good luck Craig.

The missus used to be on anti-depressants and my advice would be to avoid them if possible - very addictive and lead to quite horrid mood swings.

Regardless, Good luck Craig.

I turned them down for that very reason.

Depressed... according to the doctor :razz:

Ignore him / her....Theres no such thing as depression. Read Tony Robbins. :o

One of the most successful experiences took place some years ago with a group of patients

diagnosed with clinical depression (one of the most profound forms of depression) for some

time. What the researchers did was put this group of people over a period of 10 minutes per day in

a room with mirrors 360 degrees. During that time they asked them to put the biggest smile in the

world. The exercise was repeated for 21 days and then the results were evaluated. The success

was truly inspiring. More than 60% of patients were no longer depressed and the majority of the

remaining sample stopped taking medication.

:D

Jesus Wept.

Shit, I'm in a job in which I have no experience whatsoever, and I'm generally clueless. I've decided to quit 5 minutes before my current shift due to severe inexeperience.

I'm a little tipsy

Re: the "there's no such thing as depression" I'll say this.

Shut up CT you're simplifying an incredibly complex issue into a sound bite without any consideration of the underlying history.

Hope things improve Craig, but don't for the love of God, don't surround yourself with mirrors

(that's sure to push you over the edge :o )

Edited by The Fish

Shit, I'm in a job in which I have no experience whatsoever, and I'm generally clueless. I've decided to quit 5 minutes before my current shift due to severe inexeperience.

what job is it? your 16 so i'm intrigued

Collects rent?

:o

Waiter, before you laugh, I've recieved very little training and generally feel like this is out of my depth, due to my age and inexperience. Also the fact that it's a very good brassiere with high standards and expectations and service should be quality, although I keep hearing I'm doing well, I feel the complete opposite like I'm more of a liability than a worthy addition to the team.

Waiter, before you laugh, I've recieved very little training and generally feel like this is out of my depth, due to my age and inexperience. Also the fact that it's a very good brassiere with high standards and expectations and service should be quality, although I keep hearing I'm doing well, I feel the complete opposite like I'm more of a liability than a worthy addition to the team.

Stick at it mate. In my experience of restaurant work( used to work as a chef), if they say you're doing well , they mean it.

After a short time you'll be tapping up the waitresses and loving it.

Stick at it mate. In my experience of restaurant work( used to work as a chef), if they say you're doing well , they mean it.

Aye, I wouldn't worry about feeling out of your depth mate, You'll soon pick it up. And if you want more training I' sure they'd rather train you up than get in a new body who they'll have to start from scratch with.

unless of course you've lied about how much experience you previsously had?

Aye, I wouldn't worry about feeling out of your depth mate, You'll soon pick it up. And if you want more training I' sure they'd rather train you up than get in a new body who they'll have to start from scratch with.

I was pretty much 'forced' into putting a white-lie in, which was that I had worked part-time previously in a much smaller contemporary restraurant, which I hadn't. So you could imagine someone my age facing 100 pre-booked covers, with zero experience within this sector, and feeling bad at the same time because you've lied to a sound bloke, I shit myself.

agree on all points, you dont get credit for doing well in the environment unless its richly deserved

I was pretty much 'forced' into putting a white-lie in, which was that I had worked part-time previously in a much smaller contemporary restraurant, which I hadn't. So you could imagine someone my age facing 100 pre-booked covers, with zero experience within this sector, and feeling bad at the same time because you've lied to a sound bloke, I shit myself.

chill out, you sound like you're putting the pressure on yourself more than anything else, I know it seems like a proper rush when you're doing it but just try to relax while you are and you'll get used to it

I lied to get my restaurant job too you know, if they say youre doing well, you are doing well

Everyone in the trade lies about their experience mate.

Relax, enjoy, ogle the fine lady diners :o

Everyone in the trade lies about their experience mate.

Relax, enjoy, ogle the fine lady diners :D

Aye, you're all right, probably just got overwhelmed after being thrown in the deep end. Cheers for the advice and reassurance guys :o.

And don't worry Fist, the birds are first class.

First class you say?

What is the name of this Mingetastic brasserie young man?

I demand it!! :o

It's the .... mate, a few crackers based in the brassiere but its the cafe around the corner that is the hotspot.

Edited by Acid