What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Absolutely capital young fella me lad!

I shall leave a guinea tip if the blart is of the trouser troubling standard you say.

(fuck knows why, but I've come over all Victorian?)

Having announced that you lied to your employer about your experience, I wouldn't be divulging where I worked on a public message board. :razz:

Ooops, I think my employer understands (if he believes it) that my phoney experience is a different leauge to this, so I don't think he'd necessarily be pissed. Plus, he's not a football man :o.

Edited it just in case :D.

Edited by Acid

Having announced that you lied to your employer about your experience, I wouldn't be divulging where I worked on a public message board. :D

true dat :o

I know full well how stressful it is to serve food. You get alot of pretentious cunts as well, it can be a real chore to be treated like shit. People really need to learn to be nice to the waiter serving your food tbh. :o

In all seriousness plug away, Acid. You'll soon find things become second nature and your standard of service will improve. Take the praise and build on it, it's a class feeling when your boss acknowledges good work, so enjoy!

Depressed... according to the doctor :(

Ignore him / her....Theres no such thing as depression. Read Tony Robbins. :o

One of the most successful experiences took place some years ago with a group of patients

diagnosed with clinical depression (one of the most profound forms of depression) for some

time. What the researchers did was put this group of people over a period of 10 minutes per day in

a room with mirrors 360 degrees. During that time they asked them to put the biggest smile in the

world. The exercise was repeated for 21 days and then the results were evaluated. The success

was truly inspiring. More than 60% of patients were no longer depressed and the majority of the

remaining sample stopped taking medication.

:D

There you go Craig, all you have to do is fill a room of your house with mirrors, then gurn at yourself all day-

ffs.............. :razz:

Hope things perk up for you soon.

Ignore the window cleaner Craig...... :D

Get the book, awaken the giant within (ebay a few quid or pm me your adress and I'll send you mine) think you can even download it now.

Lots of sceptics but it will sort you out, guaranteed. :panic:

A rather simplistic approach. The issue being depression will pretty much strip you of the motivation to do anything, let alone read a book and help yourself.

Don't get me wrong Tony Robbins is fantastic, I've been to his seminars and he has the ability to make a real difference (whether it's lasting is a different question).

Like most things though unless you want to help yourself there is little that anyone else can do.

I went to see a hypnotherapist and he helped me come through a low-point. The missus used to be on anti-depressants and my advice would be to avoid them if possible - very addictive and lead to quite horrid mood swings.

Regardless, Good luck Craig.

Couldnt agree more.

But you think he's fantastic, I think he's fantastic so really if Craig can see his way to a pm or a few quid on Ebay, it just might solve all his problems.

With regard to whether its lasting, I think (and Robbins now says this) that it lasts as long as you keep refreshing yourself with the tools that help you. The majority of his stuff is common sense, ONCE you know it, but you still need to apply it to your life when a situation occurs.

I see it a bit like a dietician explaining to you that fatty foods fuck you up and that you should start eating a balanced diet of a,b and c. So you do and you suddenly feel great. Then you decide to sneak in a few kebabs, curries etc etc.

Its no good blaming the dietician!!!

Anyway Craig, you always come across as pretty open minded and dont fall into the sheep catergory so heres a nice little ebay link for the book at £2.99 and free postage.

Surely its / your worth a £2.99 punt.

Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/anthony-robbins-awak...f#ht_2469wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/anthony-robbins-awak...f#ht_2469wt_939

Think it's a bit odd calling the sceptics "sheep" like.

Surely by questioning it's reasoning you're proving you're not one of the mindless flock; who believe whatever snake oil they're sold

Low, not depressed (hope the fog clears Craig) but low. The change of season is hitting hard this year, whereas last year we after spending winter in Europe coming home to a Sydney winter was piss easy, this year it's hitting hard. It's hard to inspire one's self to write and push a production with a minuscule budget (something you have to be overly enthused about) when all you want to do is sleep. And no looking in the mirror is going to fix that.

Thank fuck the WC is on it's way, that should fix my sleep pattern :o

With regard to whether its lasting, I think (and Robbins now says this) that it lasts as long as you keep refreshing yourself with the tools that help you.

Translated:

I have a new book out every 6 months buy it or weep.

Surely by questioning it's reasoning you're proving you're not one of the mindless flock; who believe whatever snake oil they're sold

Its a common tactic of the rascal and the nutter to call other people sheep when they hold different views I've noticed.

I for one would never dare to presume what might be causing Craig's problems or what might be the best solution, I'll leave that to himself and those close to him, or real professionals if needed. Needless to say hope you're feeling better soon Craig. :o

I'm currently pissed of because I have some inflammatory process going on with my feet which I can't diagnose. Desperately hoping it clears up before next weekend, which it should if history is anything to go by.

Nothing to do with this thread more a general observation on the way Craig comes across in a lot of threads. He doesnt just follow the popular line or the Forum cheer leader.

His opinions imo seem to actually be his, which is nice :D

And with regard to cynics I have know problem with them but at least either bach it up with a good old solid argument rather than sitting in the corner with your thumb in your mouth mumbling "The worlds not round, the worlds not round"! :o

Its a common tactic of the rascal and the nutter to call other people sheep when they hold different views I've noticed.

I for one would never dare to presume what might be causing Craig's problems or what might be the best solution, I'll leave that to himself and those close to him, or real professionals if needed. Needless to say hope you're feeling better soon Craig. :o

I'm currently pissed of because I have some inflammatory process going on with my feet which I can't diagnose. Desperately hoping it clears up before next weekend, which it should if history is anything to go by.

Its called growing :D

Its called growing :D

Hilarious stuff. Perhaps my pain doesn't exist, just like depression doesn't.

Sick of work. Other than that things are fine. Planning on moving house at some point this year so there's a lurking feeling of dread about that lingering in the back of my mind, but other than that ok.

Planning in changing job this year too.

I would describe my mood as grouchy. The bairn is not following the accepted convention that night time is for sleeping and as a consequence me and the wife spent most of the night awake, trying to get him to nod off.

Sleepy

Nothing to do with this thread more a general observation on the way Craig comes across in a lot of threads. He doesnt just follow the popular line or the Forum cheer leader.

His opinions imo seem to actually be his, which is nice :razz:

And with regard to cynics I have know problem with them but at least either bach it up with a good old solid argument rather than sitting in the corner with your thumb in your mouth mumbling "The worlds not round, the worlds not round"! :D

Out of curiosity who would you say was a sheep?

I can't think of many who blithely trot the party line regardless of the subject. There are quite a few who agree with each other on some issues but are pretty polar on others, hardly ovine behaviour is it?

fwiw I'm in a good mood, off to buy a suit and spend the day with a beautiful girl. :o

my mood is apprehensive. got my career appraisal later today and not looking forward to the usual painful negotiations.

other than that, not too bad. sunshine always helps.

a lazy two week holiday with the mrs somewhere warm would help my mood. only problem is that almost all of our holiday is being used up this year on weddings and stag/hen dos :o

I'm in proper quarter-life crisis mode. I've been having a huge panic about my life a year after I've graduated from university, how dull I'm finding the job I've fallen it and how I feel like I've wasted the few opportunities that have arisen. :o

I think I need to get pissed.

I'm in proper quarter-life crisis mode. I've been having a huge panic about my life a year after I've graduated from university, how dull I'm finding the job I've fallen it and how I feel like I've wasted the few opportunities that have arisen. :o

What are you doing now Skol?

What do you do?

I'm currently involved in a communications/PR type role. It's something I debated going into when at uni due to the world of journalism looking like it's in terminal decline but having spent the best part of a year here I'm becoming increasingly bored by the whole thing. It may have something to do with the fact my role has changed slightly over recent months and I feel like I've became a bit of an office dogsbody.

I'm very worried that if I don't try and do something about it now this is the type of stuff I'll get stuck doing for the rest of my life. Obviously that's overly dramatic but that's how it feels at the minute.

I'm currently involved in a communications/PR type role. It's something I debated going into when at uni due to the world of journalism looking like it's in terminal decline but having spent the best part of a year here I'm becoming increasingly bored by the whole thing. It may have something to do with the fact my role has changed slightly over recent months and I feel like I've became a bit of an office dogsbody.

I'm very worried that if I don't try and do something about it now this is the type of stuff I'll get stuck doing for the rest of my life. Obviously that's overly dramatic but that's how it feels at the minute.

Bit of a cliche but you probably need to think what you really want to do first before you can enable this to happen. Don't panic or feel depressed, but whatever you do don't let it slip either, otherwise your fears will be well founded.

Bit of a cliche but you probably need to think what you really want to do first before you can enable this to happen. Don't panic or feel depressed, but whatever you do don't let it slip either, otherwise your fears will be well founded.

I think the major problem is in my heart of hearts I know exactly what I want to do, it's just horrendously difficult to get a foot in the door.

On the upside this minor panic has saw me apply for four jobs I genuinely want to do over the past fortnight.