What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Why did you get barred? :D

Well I played for the pub, I won them the Cup Final at Dunston Fed we won 1-0, I'd be drinking vodka red bull all day and we had this team meeting at 7pm. He promised us new strips and free trip to Edinburgh if we won, but he reneged on it. So he sits in on the meeting arms folded looking really smug. So I just lost it when he said we weren't even getting the trip to Edinburgh, "the brewery won't sanction it", I says where's wa strips ya fat cunt???? So he got up and left, next time I went in the bar he got the biggest of his staff to tell me I was barred. Horrible man, I was an arsehole too in how I did it, but he annoyed everyone.

:( I got kicked out of a team for slightly similar reasons :icon_lol:

Congrats on the new job.

Aye, good stuff Stevie. :( And Blackfriars is lush. That's one of the regrets I have about living in a massive city, you can have fantastic restaurants and pubs and whatever on your doorstep but there's no point in recommending them to people because [a] they live 30-60 minutes away and they've got their own fantastic restaurants and pubs on their doorstep. :icon_lol:

Edited by Meenzer

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Aye, good stuff Stevie. :( And Blackfriars is lush. That's one of the regrets I have about living in a massive city, you can have fantastic restaurants and pubs and whatever on your doorstep but there's no point in recommending them to people because [a] they live 30-60 minutes away and they've got their own fantastic restaurants and pubs on their doorstep. :icon_lol:

Cheers Gejon. Meenzer aye it was lush. I've never been the most cultured of people, never really been in to posh restaurants, but last 3 or 4 years I've been to quite a lot, and you do start to enjoy it eventually....especially when you're not paying. A night out in a posh restaurant to me was a night on Stowell Street in the past, but when you go a bit more up market you see the difference, not least in the quality of food.

Hubby and I eat out quite abit now. But I'm not so keen on the 'chain' pubs and restaurants anymore (dont care if I sound stuck up :( ) They are ok for lunch or a quick meal but its the same menu throughout and though some do two for one the meals are small and the service normally poor. Had a meal in one the other day, meal was ok but they completely forgot our sweets :icon_lol: and they didnt even have the excuse of being busy as it was really quiet in there! Hubby said thats it, aint going in there again! He hates poor service and hates to wait for anything so that was that. Much prefer a local pub we go to, its family run, they change the menu regulary and the food is quality. Rather pay abit more and feel I'm having a treat.

Plus you're helping a smaller business in times like these and all. I'm not po-faced enough to avoid chain places on some kind of spurious moral grounds, but if it's a matter of a few quid more and the food/drink/service is better then it's a no-brainer!

I went to a steak house last year on the isle of wight which wasn't very big and empty at the time, had to actually ask for menu's 20 minutes after we walked in and took about half an hour for our drinks to come, true story.

I went to a steak house last year on the isle of wight which wasn't very big and empty at the time, had to actually ask for menu's 20 minutes after we walked in and took about half an hour for our drinks to come, true story.

Patience of a saint, I'd have given up long before that. Can't stand giving my money to places with shite service, much rather find somewhere else.

I went in that Town Wall place before, didn't get any food though which was good as people were waiting ages. Every table in sight complained about the wait.

Plus you're helping a smaller business in times like these and all. I'm not po-faced enough to avoid chain places on some kind of spurious moral grounds, but if it's a matter of a few quid more and the food/drink/service is better then it's a no-brainer!

I tend to think along these lines as well. The fact that Wetherspoons and its ilk basically take the piss with its food and thrive when there's quality local places going under is a bit sad so I try to visit those places as much as I can, even if it's just local bakerys or what have you.

Has the best weekend in a few year I would say, mainly because I've been offered the best working opportunity I've had in my life time. Basic salary has went up 11k from March, been given a £800 phone and state of the art lap top too, and the plan is for me to manage my own little geordies next year in my own office in Newcastle when the salary will go up again. So aye really pleased :(:icon_lol: The two guys had never been to Newcastle before though and as we left the restaurant, a tramp carrying a can of Guinness came up to us talking about architecture, I thought 4fs first trip to the toon and bamps pestering us, what are they ganna think#??!?

By the way I'd recommend Blackfriars Restaurant to anyone, absolutely lush. Bill was only £130 that was for three 4 course meals and three bottles of wine. It's English traditional food, but with a touch of class. I had fishcake for my starters and it couldn't be different from the frozen pish from Iceland, and for me main meal good old bangers and mash. If you fancy a night out and some scran and a bit of intimacy I'd recommend there like.

It's probably my favourite restaurant in town like.

Thanks Alex and DKN.

Aye it's proper nice inside, oldy worldy feel to it but it was the food that got my engine going like, lush. I find the better the restaurant the better looking the waitresses too. Must have a no munters policy in there.

14647.jpg

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

One of the oldest buildings in Newcastle iirc.

13th Century was mentioned. Well no it wasn't mentioned why am I lying, it's on their website. It's an experience being there though you can feel the history.

One of the oldest buildings in Newcastle iirc.

13th Century was mentioned. Well no it wasn't mentioned why am I lying, it's on their website. It's an experience being there though you can feel the history.

:(

Cheers Gejon. Meenzer aye it was lush. I've never been the most cultured of people, never really been in to posh restaurants, but last 3 or 4 years I've been to quite a lot, and you do start to enjoy it eventually....especially when you're not paying. A night out in a posh restaurant to me was a night on Stowell Street in the past, but when you go a bit more up market you see the difference, not least in the quality of food.

Comes to us all eventually, you think you'll never get tired of going out on the piss then one day a pizza and a bottle of wine seems like a better idea. The old adage is you celebrate your 20th birthday with alcohol, your 30th with drugs and your 40th with food. When the kids are all grown it'll be back on the gear for me 60th.

Aye, good stuff Stevie. :icon_lol: And Blackfriars is lush. That's one of the regrets I have about living in a massive city, you can have fantastic restaurants and pubs and whatever on your doorstep but there's no point in recommending them to people because [a] they live 30-60 minutes away and they've got their own fantastic restaurants and pubs on their doorstep. :D

Comes to us all eventually, you think you'll never get tired of going out on the piss then one day a pizza and a bottle of wine seems like a better idea. The old adage is you celebrate your 20th birthday with alcohol, your 30th with drugs and your 40th with food. When the kids are all grown it'll be back on the gear for me 60th.

:(

You talk sense.

I know it's boring to moan about how quick the weekend goes by, but fuck me that was a quick one. Annoyed about that, but looking fwd to the gym at lunch. In no small part cos it means I won't be at my desk.

I know it's boring to moan about how quick the weekend goes by, but fuck me that was a quick one. Annoyed about that, but looking fwd to the gym at lunch. In no small part cos it means I won't be at my desk.

Tell me about it, and it felt like my weekend started on Thursday night.

Tell me about it, and it felt like my weekend started on Thursday night.

My weekend did start on Thursday night as I had Friday off yet it still felt like it was only yesterday since last in the office.

Ah well, only two weeks of work then I have another week off and a wee holiday booked.

Hubby and I eat out quite abit now. But I'm not so keen on the 'chain' pubs and restaurants anymore (dont care if I sound stuck up :lol: ) They are ok for lunch or a quick meal but its the same menu throughout and though some do two for one the meals are small and the service normally poor. Had a meal in one the other day, meal was ok but they completely forgot our sweets :blush: and they didnt even have the excuse of being busy as it was really quiet in there! Hubby said thats it, aint going in there again! He hates poor service and hates to wait for anything so that was that. Much prefer a local pub we go to, its family run, they change the menu regulary and the food is quality. Rather pay abit more and feel I'm having a treat.

Pub chains seem to be particularly crap imo. Food isn't very good, drink selection ditto, no atmosphere, the staff aren't arsed, etc.

Well it's almost the end of January. Haven't filled my appraisal in for work AGAIN, largely because I can't motivate myself to do anything work-related outside of working hours. Still haven't made my gym comeback, starting to get a bit of a gut on me again. Completely wasted my Sunday stopped in bed all day a pissed-up mess.

Got an overwhelming urge to sort my life out.