What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Confused.

Tried to hand my notice in today and was given a counter-offer that would see me much better off financially and professionally. Not sure what to do now. :lol:

There's a lot to be said for being happy to get up and go to work though. When you say professionally, do you mean it'll put you in better stead for promotions to higher paid jobs that you still hate getting up for?

Tough decision, cos there's no guarantee that you'll enjoy the alternative, but honestly it's worth giving some consideration to the fact that you're gonna have to do another 40 years of this shit, and try to steer a course towards something you might enjoy. Wish I'd thought more about that rather than the immediate reward of more money or whatever.

Well that's the problem I'm trying to work out, would I still be happy? I've had good projects and bad during my time but what I've been offered is the chance to work on more challenging projects and the opportunity to 'develop'.

In the short term there would be more money in staying where I am but in the long term it isn't something I want to be doing. So it's a case of either stay for the short term gain in a job I don't really want to do or join an SME with less money in the ST but a chance to earn substantially more and potentially have overall control in the future.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

I think one question to ask yourself is why they're only shown an interest in you after you've put your resignation in. And whether the things that piss you off

now will still piss you off in six to 12 months time when the novelty of the extra money etc's worn off.

Change is healthy imo. However it's up to you to decide what's best for you, obviously.

I think one question to ask yourself is why they're only shown an interest in you after you've put your resignation in. And whether the things that piss you off

now will still piss you off in six to 12 months time when the novelty of the extra money etc's worn off.

Change is healthy imo. However it's up to you to decide what's best for you, obviously.

The guy I'm dealing with is in charge of over 100 people, it's understandable that he didn't notice my case. The failing was with the guy who was directly above me and he's no longer my direct report, the new fella I have is much better.

But aye, after 12 months I would have more money but I'm guessing the inherent problems would still be there. The question is whether the money would be enough to compensate for that. But what price can you put on the value of life? I don't necessarily hate the job but the situation i.e. working away from home on a full time basis. And that won't change.

90% convinced I'm going to continue with my resignation.

Fucking pissed off :lol:

Aw whats up sweetie? Has the house you liked not worked out??

Pretty much Bev. I don't know, I'll list out what happened and see if you can work it out.

Thursday: House went on sale and rent by same agent. I called to enquire, asked if landlord preferred sell or let and they said let.

Friday:I booked an appointment for 5pm on Tuesday with them. All seemed OK.

Saturday: Agent called me. Advised viewing was cancelled as landlord had a 'personal issue' and had taken the house off the market. House disappears from letting pages but remains on selling pages. After some searching I find it listed under a different agent. Call them and enquired. House is a brand new instruction and they won't get the keys until Monday evening. I book an appointment with them for 6pm Tuesday, not mentioning the previous booking with the other agent.

Tuesday: New agent calls me. Advised viewing was cancelled as landlord had a 'personal issue' and had taken house off the market. Didn't hold back this time, told them about the previous booking with the other agent. This agent said it was 'odd behaviour' and reported that the landlord did seem a bit cagey. Said she'd keep an eye out to see if it re-appears.

My feeling now is I've dodged a bullet and if it came back on the market, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. As of now it is still listed for sale with the original agent. I can't fathom his logic - what's he got out of listing the house for letting and then cancelled it 48hrs later twice within a week. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds dodgy as fuck and I'd be extremely wary about getting into any kind of negotiation or letting contract with someone who is exhibiting such bizarre behaviour. Maybe you're just meant to find something else...

you're damned fucking right Cath. No chance in hell I'll be showing any further interest. If it does come back on the market though I'll be giving the agent a call to advise what's happened. I doubt they need to be associated with that carry on either.

The guy I'm dealing with is in charge of over 100 people, it's understandable that he didn't notice my case. The failing was with the guy who was directly above me and he's no longer my direct report, the new fella I have is much better.

But aye, after 12 months I would have more money but I'm guessing the inherent problems would still be there. The question is whether the money would be enough to compensate for that. But what price can you put on the value of life? I don't necessarily hate the job but the situation i.e. working away from home on a full time basis. And that won't change.

90% convinced I'm going to continue with my resignation.

Do you have another job lined up ewerk? Because if not, one option would be to try the new role for 6 months to see if it works out. If not you can still walk away.

In my experience once someone's decided to go, it rarely works if you offer them a shitload of money to stay. Usually the issues are around their enjoyment of the job, not feeling valued, not liking who they work for etc, which don't change. However if they've offered you a completely new role in a different area, that might change the game. If your fundamental issue is working away from home, then obviously that will always be an issue wherever you are, unless you move home.

Just read that back, not sure it helps at all :lol:

Worse than yesterday, knacked my left wrist saving a shot, swollen up the worst the nurse had seen, arm in sling & other thingy**, non conclusive x ray so gotta go back in a few days to see if anything is broke

**nurse said take it off @ night, not sure if he meant sling or compression thing or both, anyone know, like cat or luke?

cheers

Worse than yesterday, knacked my left wrist saving a shot, swollen up the worst the nurse had seen, arm in sling & other thingy**, non conclusive x ray so gotta go back in a few days to see if anything is broke

**nurse said take it off @ night, not sure if he meant sling or compression thing or both, anyone know, like cat or luke?

cheers

One of my kid's mates has just shattered their left wrist by playing in goal and trying to save a shot, palms out. Apparently bent the hand right back onto the forearm :lol:

Sometimes kids can make all the troubles drift away... Son and daughter proving they're got considerably more rhythm than their old man....

Sometimes kids can make all the troubles drift away... Son and daughter proving they're got considerably more rhythm than their old man....

Best giggle ever!

I'm guessing you're on about my giggling in the background rather than you having a giggle at the clip? Aye, sounds a bit daft but I was flabbaghasted at him doing it - first time I've seen it. Being showing off at school apparently. The lass running this sports club we were at today was seriously impressed. Said she'd never seen anything like it! :lol:

Best giggle ever!

I'm guessing you're on about my giggling in the background rather than you having a giggle at the clip? Aye, sounds a bit daft but I was flabbaghasted at him doing it - first time I've seen it. Being showing off at school apparently. The lass running this sports club we were at today was seriously impressed. Said she'd never seen anything like it! :lol:

I giggled at your giggle,was brilliant. Unbelievable tekkers there mind, if theres a way to turn it into football talent you've hit a goldmine

Best giggle ever!

I'm guessing you're on about my giggling in the background rather than you having a giggle at the clip? Aye, sounds a bit daft but I was flabbaghasted at him doing it - first time I've seen it. Being showing off at school apparently. The lass running this sports club we were at today was seriously impressed. Said she'd never seen anything like it! ;)

I giggled at your giggle,was brilliant. Unbelievable tekkers there mind, if theres a way to turn it into football talent you've hit a goldmine

Funny you should mention it, I took him along to one of those Tesco / FA sessions earlier in the day that they were running in the area. He's five years old playing in a deep defensive midfield position and slammed in 3-4 Tiote-style challenges on kids who were about 8-9.

He's got promise I think, but I'm biased :lol:

Craig's family gets the sporting genes, my family gets the pisshead genes. Doomed from the word go. :lol:

216898_10150336721515590_524590589_9973174_975635_n.jpg

Martin, why am I not surprised? ;)

cheers

One of my kid's mates has just shattered their left wrist by playing in goal and trying to save a shot, palms out. Apparently bent the hand right back onto the forearm :lol:

same to a sightly lesser extent - it went places it wasnt supposed to bu they cant tell atm because the swellibg is that bad

Craig's family gets the sporting genes, my family gets the pisshead genes. Doomed from the word go. :lol:

;) Grooming :)

Edited by The Fish

;) Grooming :)

Oh heavens, dear boy. I do wait until they're capable of coherent conversation.

Best giggle ever!

I'm guessing you're on about my giggling in the background rather than you having a giggle at the clip? Aye, sounds a bit daft but I was flabbaghasted at him doing it - first time I've seen it. Being showing off at school apparently. The lass running this sports club we were at today was seriously impressed. Said she'd never seen anything like it! ;)

Tehehehehe :lol: Craig is blatantly Deadman