What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Shite mood, me dads operation was full of complications. He'll be in hospital at least a month, was coming out the match last night heading to the pub, was told to come to the hospital, he was there shaking like a leaf white as a sheet, he has a chest infection on top of the bowel not working. Fucking terrible times :( On top of that the morphine was deein him nee good he was visualising people coming through the ceiling of the hospital, hearing noises, and said he was convinced he lived in a caravan with a group of Scottish people. I've got a season ticket for the RVI at the minute, they're confident he'll be alright, but it's just more complications, and putting a stress on everything else in me life. Nowt worse than when you're family are suffering wouldn't wish it on anyone. When I saw him last night at 430 I told him we beat Villa 2-1 and it just wasn't sinking in at all.

On top of that got fuck all money in for Feb, bosses being cunts etc.... I wish February would fuck off already.

Tough times Stevie. I'm sure he'll be ok though if the docs are talking a good game. They'll be pumping him full of antibiotics to sort out the infection, and they've said they're confident they'll sort out the problem with his bowel too, so I'm sure they will.

Tough in the meantime cos it's not nice seeing people you love in health trouble, but hopefully you'll find a dramatic improvement once the infection clears up, and the rest of his time in hospital is just recovery time, getting his strength up a bit before they let him go home.

Fingers crossed here anyway.

Tough times Stevie. I'm sure he'll be ok though if the docs are talking a good game. They'll be pumping him full of antibiotics to sort out the infection, and they've said they're confident they'll sort out the problem with his bowel too, so I'm sure they will.

Tough in the meantime cos it's not nice seeing people you love in health trouble, but hopefully you'll find a dramatic improvement once the infection clears up, and the rest of his time in hospital is just recovery time, getting his strength up a bit before they let him go home.

Cheers wor kid. I've never seen him like this in his life, he's a big strong bloke, it's heartbreaking to be honest and I thought I was hard emotionally till these recent events but am soft as shite. The head nurses are brilliant, they explain everything so well, the nurses underneath them are thick as fuck, I was in there with wor lass and me sister at the weekend one came over and started telling us about the fact that there used to be 3 schools where she lived in Blyth and now there's only 2, I don't know what stopped me from saying so fuck. Even so like they deserve more pay for what they do, it's unbelievable.

Shite mood, me dads operation was full of complications. He'll be in hospital at least a month, was coming out the match last night heading to the pub, was told to come to the hospital, he was there shaking like a leaf white as a sheet, he has a chest infection on top of the bowel not working. Fucking terrible times :( On top of that the morphine was deein him nee good he was visualising people coming through the ceiling of the hospital, hearing noises, and said he was convinced he lived in a caravan with a group of Scottish people. I've got a season ticket for the RVI at the minute, they're confident he'll be alright, but it's just more complications, and putting a stress on everything else in me life. Nowt worse than when you're family are suffering wouldn't wish it on anyone. When I saw him last night at 430 I told him we beat Villa 2-1 and it just wasn't sinking in at all.

On top of that got fuck all money in for Feb, bosses being cunts etc.... I wish February would fuck off already.

Sorry to hear all that Stevie. Best wishes to you and yours that it all gets better very quickly.

Cheers wor kid. I've never seen him like this in his life, he's a big strong bloke, it's heartbreaking to be honest and I thought I was hard emotionally till these recent events but am soft as shite. The head nurses are brilliant, they explain everything so well, the nurses underneath them are thick as fuck, I was in there with wor lass and me sister at the weekend one came over and started telling us about the fact that there used to be 3 schools where she lived in Blyth and now there's only 2, I don't know what stopped me from saying so fuck. Even so like they deserve more pay for what they do, it's unbelievable.

Aye, the nurses are amazing. When I went in to get my pacemaker in, I stayed one night on the cardiac ward. There was me and five blokes in their 80s in this room. Two of them were on water tablets which were making them piss constantly and they kept pissing on the floor and all over the place. Over and over again.

They were obviously embarrassed and apologising to the nurses but the way the nurses responded, you would have thought every time they did it was the first time. "Ohhh don't apologise man! It's my fault for making you take these tablets anyway! Is there any on you? Here I'll get you some clean clothes." etc. Absolutely class.

But aye, 5 blokes in their 80s and one in his 30s. Guess who was the only one who HAD to be pushed everywhere in a wheelchair? :lol:

Aye, the nurses are amazing. When I went in to get my pacemaker in, I stayed one night on the cardiac ward. There was me and five blokes in their 80s in this room. Two of them were on water tablets which were making them piss constantly and they kept pissing on the floor and all over the place. Over and over again.

They were obviously embarrassed and apologising to the nurses but the way the nurses responded, you would have thought every time they did it was the first time. "Ohhh don't apologise man! It's my fault for making you take these tablets anyway! Is there any on you? Here I'll get you some clean clothes." etc. Absolutely class.

But aye, 5 blokes in their 80s and one in his 30s. Guess who was the only one who HAD to be pushed everywhere in a wheelchair? :lol:

Bone idle bastard

;)

Just echoing the best wishes of everyone else here Stevie. There's nowt worse than seeing your parents incapacitated.

My Old Dear was in last week for an op and it's knocked her for six. Nowt like what your Dad is going through.

I think it hits men particularly hard when you see your father ill, the Superman of your childhood and that.

Chin up mate.

Just echoing the best wishes of everyone else here Stevie. There's nowt worse than seeing your parents incapacitated.

My Old Dear was in last week for an op and it's knocked her for six. Nowt like what your Dad is going through.

I think it hits men particularly hard when you see your father ill, the Superman of your childhood and that.

Chin up mate.

Aye everything you said there is correct, he's my ultimate roll model, unbreakable, awful to see the fear in his eyes last neet :( gan up there now. Thanks a lot, I know loads of you can empathise with how I'm feeling.

Nowt wrong with being emotional about stuff like this, Stevie. In fact there'd be something wrong with you if you weren't.

Aye you're right, fuck stiff upper lips and all that bollocks.

Sorry to hear all that Stevie. Best wishes to you and yours that it all gets better very quickly.

Thanks CT and Wykiki I appreciate your kind words.

:lol:

When me sister had her baby, she was treat like a criminal in a London hospital like for morning about the pain after her caesarian!

Gonna moan about not winning 60 quid from the 6-1 10 pound bet I put on the Patriots to win the Superbowl, then I saw Stevie's situation, like CT said though, perspective. Absolute best of luck to your Dad and I'm sure if he's anything like you he's not gonna give up without a fight.