What mood are you in and why?

catmag

It's the speed at which I throw down the first few that dictates how drunk I get. Some nights I can drink until the sun comes up, other's I can be in the pub 4 hours and I'm fucked.

Ive just started going through the change.

Im now having a glass of Merlot in the house instead of a few cans. Not dressing in my wife's clothes but its only a matter of time I think.

:ermm:

Man just about 3 weeks and I am out of here.

This women should be sacked, she is a liability and SHITE at her job.

Did a large training session last night so a little sore, but feeling good on that front.

Man just about 3 weeks and I am out of here.

This women should be sacked, she is a liability and SHITE at her job.

Did a large training session last night so a little sore, but feeling good on that front.

Wykikitoon still FURIOUS at his colleague, despite working his notice. STUPID BITCH I FIX HER!!!

Just been browsing through my slimming world magazine (I know) and found an advert for a new product that Tesco are selling called "Equator".

Its a "beer like" drink that is nil in Alcohol, nil in sugar and nil in calories.

Any one tried it? Going to get some today so I will report back. :)

EquatorNonAlcoholicBeer.jpg

http://www.equatorbeer.com/

Just been browsing through my slimming world magazine (I know) and found an advert for a new product that Tesco are selling called "Equator".

Its a "beer like" drink that is nil in Alcohol, nil in sugar and nil in calories.

Any one tried it? Going to get some today so I will report back. :)

EquatorNonAlcoholicBeer.jpg

http://www.equatorbeer.com/

I believe that's called water

My gaffa just offered me 50% commission only or a salary of 33k and no commission. It's like saying do you want a young Sally Webster for life, or Jenna Jameson who might be a bit more risky. Mind is everywhere at the minute.

Or go out on your own like you planned and take 100% of the commission. Having a job based 100% on commission will make it much harder to get a mortgage or serious finance if you ever require it. At the same time it'll be hard to take when you've had a bumper month and you don't get to see any extra money.

probably take the 33k myself unless i knew i was going to consistently go past 33k by a big margin

need to be beating that wage by a fair bit to make it worthwhile stress wise for me (ups/downs of how your doing one month to next) really, especially with hitting the 40% tax mark which is just above that figure iirc.

It's a stress with the wage too though. I'm constantly under fucking stress in this job. Another incentive of the commission only is I can have as many holidays as I want. I did 81k in 2011, and I'll do 90k this year all being well.

Or go out on your own like you planned and take 100% of the commission. Having a job based 100% on commission will make it much harder to get a mortgage or serious finance if you ever require it. At the same time it'll be hard to take when you've had a bumper month and you don't get to see any extra money.

Got a mortgage, and that's an excellent point to be fair because the intention is to buy a three bedroom house in the next 18 months. I've got capital behind me to survive a catastrophic 6 months period though. Lot of pro's and cons to weigh up. Going on my own is an option too. When you look at what you need to survive and keep your head above water, I need £1100 a month before I have any disposable income.

Either go it alone as you have talked about or take the 33k.

You're not getting any younger, settling down, little Stevies running around before you know it.

One or the other really.

I think you're right but the reason I hesitate is if I took the 50% I'm gettin benefits off them too, use of their database, use of job boards which would cost me £10-15,000 a year alone. There's a lot to weigh up.

40k wouldn't cut it for me over a 33k guaranteed wage, like you said you're stressed anyway with the wage, would you want the stress of possibly having considerably less money one month if somethings slow on top of that (even though other months like you say you might rake it in), of course you might do tons of business so it's down to you really/what type of character you have if something like that would properly wind you up.

(but i'd rather go it alone if i was down to head down that route)

Like said 7k'ish a year over a guaranteed wage wouldn't do it for me but that's down to a personal preference, i basically jumped 4grades in one go from the lowest to management (and again have passed another promotion one recently i'm waiting on), so basically doubled my salary the first change I had, do I notice it? not really I just have shinier crap.

if it was the choice of getting 2k a month or whatever in my hand or possibly getting anywhere between 500-4000 i'd probably just take the 2000, i like things planned, think the mystery-box would be too much risk for me in this case.

Fuck me I bet you're popular with the people in the grades in between! Aye mate lot to think about, but there's months no exaggeration where I could make £7,000. December I did approaching 14k. I might take the 33k, and decide over the next three months.

Lads i worked with were all happy enough because they hated the bosses in my first office and i normally gave them all a hand or did favours with fiixng pc's and such (ironically what got the bosses giving me grief).

Job i did was basically data entry, no harm to the people who do it and are happy being that kind've grade, but for me it was mind numbing and because i can type properly i could get their days work done in literally 20minutes, they had a target of say 50 invoices processed for the day, I did 400 once before lunch just to prove a point to people getting on my nerves (the lower bosses), Two of them were old hands and were trying to make my life a misery at the time. Never let on to them when I was going for the job i have now, see i'd already passed 4 promotion boards for the grade one above mine back then and turned them down (child support agency everytime, no thanks), so when they heard i'd passed another board they assumed it was the same story and came over to gloat, priceless moment like, jaws hit the desk when i told them it was for this and i'd basically be 1-2 grades higher than they were (both about 50 or so with 30years in the job) was only 25 at the time, currently still the youngest in my office by 3-4 years as well.

But like you decisions coming up, i'm on the promotion list for the next grade again (passed it a month ago and currently in top10), not sure i'll accept it when it comes up though, it'd be worth another few grand or so on my wage, but I like where i work currently

if you went on your own would your current clients follow you (in proper madmen fashion)? or would you be building from scratch, worth looking into setting up yourself anyway, sort out a meeting with one of those gov lot for new businesses see what sort've help you can get.

That's another issue mate, by law I'm not allowed to work with the same clients for 6 months. People do though.

Ah aye about Ben Arfa or something. Straight up you couldn't meet a more down to earth kid, my mates really liked him too, fucking 7 balled me at pool though the fucka!

Lads i worked with were all happy enough because they hated the bosses in my first office and i normally gave them all a hand or did favours with fiixng pc's and such (ironically what got the bosses giving me grief).

Job i did was basically data entry, no harm to the people who do it and are happy being that kind've grade, but for me it was mind numbing and because i can type properly i could get their days work done in literally 20minutes, they had a target of say 50 invoices processed for the day, I did 400 once before lunch just to prove a point to people getting on my nerves (the lower bosses), Two of them were old hands and were trying to make my life a misery at the time. Never let on to them when I was going for the job i have now, see i'd already passed 4 promotion boards for the grade one above mine back then and turned them down (child support agency everytime, no thanks), so when they heard i'd passed another board they assumed it was the same story and came over to gloat, priceless moment like, jaws hit the desk when i told them it was for this and i'd basically be 1-2 grades higher than they were (both about 50 or so with 30years in the job) was only 25 at the time, currently still the youngest in my office by 3-4 years as well.

But like you decisions coming up, i'm on the promotion list for the next grade again (passed it a month ago and currently in top10), not sure i'll accept it when it comes up though, it'd be worth another few grand or so on my wage, but I like where i work currently

if you went on your own would your current clients follow you (in proper madmen fashion)? or would you be building from scratch, worth looking into setting up yourself anyway, sort out a meeting with one of those gov lot for new businesses see what sort've help you can get.

gareth_keenan.jpg

:wink2:

That's another issue mate, by law I'm not allowed to work with the same clients for 6 months. People do though.

If you're taking about something you signed in a contract, it's been laughed out of court a few times now.

I've been thinking about going back to contracting lately. I'm quite happy where I am but I've been thinking about why I moved south in the first place. Being comfortable but only having 25 days holiday to enjoy it wasn't really it.