What mood are you in and why?

catmag

aye.

this is latest offering from about 3 months ago. Recorded it in my bedroom and as an unmastered demo: http://soundcloud.com/acrobatic-society/death-industry-un

this is the first EP we released last year. you can buy it on iTunes as well: http://soundcloud.com/acrobatic-society/sets

http://www.acrobaticsociety.co.uk

and this is the label: http://tinylightsrecordings.com/

we're on Facebook also, so add us!

*edit* In response to what sort of music it is... it is really lo-fi. Kind of post-punk in places. I like to call it wey aye lo-fi. but i don't think its going to catch on.

Please be kind (as you can be!)

aye.

this is latest offering from about 3 months ago. Recorded it in my bedroom and as an unmastered demo: http://soundcloud.com/acrobatic-society/death-industry-un

this is the first EP we released last year. you can buy it on iTunes as well: http://soundcloud.com/acrobatic-society/sets

http://www.acrobaticsociety.co.uk

and this is the label: http://tinylightsrecordings.com/

we're on Facebook also, so add us!

*edit* In response to what sort of music it is... it is really lo-fi. Kind of post-punk in places. I like to call it wey aye lo-fi. but i don't think its going to catch on.

Please be kind (as you can be!)

Your vocalist sounds like hes ripping off some classic new wave band from about 30 years ago but as I'm in an advanced state of alcoholic refreshment am fucked if I can put my finger on who it is....its good, but will listen again tomorrow when am sober...I hear Wire and Television i there, but that could change...

Just back from a canny night out in Soho with my Euro posse. Had Nandos but don't feel any more Nile Ranger-ish as a result, brap.

And yet you look so much like him!

Give us a monthly rent budget and a rough area and we can all have a go at finding you one!

You have to live in the best one. :lol:

You wouldn't want to know. It's eye-watering how much you're expected to pay for desperately average places even in this - to use your term - rough area. :)

I used to pay 1400 dollars a month for a one bedroom flat in San Francisco. And that was 10 years ago. Is it on a par with that sort of stupidity?

Whereabouts in San Francisco?

I used to pay 1400 dollars a month for a one bedroom flat in San Francisco. And that was 10 years ago. Is it on a par with that sort of stupidity?

Not quite, although at least you'd have been in the proximity of some fantastic moustaches for your trouble.

Not quite, although at least you'd have been in the proximity of some fantastic moustaches for your trouble.

Move to somewhere on the Northern Line you fucking prick*.

*level of abuse is directly linked to how hard I just smashed the door onto my toe

house prices are insane down here. one beds where i live start at about £250k. two beds will cost at least £350k. more if you want a garden and an eat in kitchen. houses start around £550k.

And banks have stopped lending to first time buyers which is squeezing the rental market to insane levels.

A very average one bed flat in my area will set you back over a grand a month.

*level of abuse is directly linked to how hard I just smashed the door onto my toe

seriously mate. move away from the northern line - it'll change your life immeasurably for the better.

house prices are insane down here. one beds where i live start at about £250k. two beds will cost at least £350k. more if you want a garden and an eat in kitchen. houses start around £550k.

And banks have stopped lending to first time buyers which is squeezing the rental market to insane levels.

A very average one bed flat in my area will set you back over a grand a month.

Aye, that point in the middle (and a general Overground-/yummy mummy-related upturn) means we'll be paying about 30% more rent for an equivalent new place nearby. <_< Still, no chance of buying (and no desire to really) even though it's a bit cheaper this side of One Tree Hill (read £250k for a two-bed).

But then you might actually come to my neck of the woods one day.

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahh, I kill me.

seriously mate. move away from the northern line - it'll change your life immeasurably for the better.

Nothern Line south of the river is all right to be fair. Tooting and Balham are even improving bit by bit.

Mind you, my idea of all right and yours may be polar opposites... I like real ale pubs, independent butchers, bakers and all that gubbins because I'm a snobby bastard :hi:

Nothern Line south of the river is all right to be fair. Tooting and Balham are even improving bit by bit.

Mind you, my idea of all right and yours may be polar opposites... I like real ale pubs, independent butchers, bakers and all that gubbins because I'm a snobby bastard :hi:

i used to live in balham. it's nice. but the worst thing about living there - by a country mile - is the northern line. i have nightmares about using it, it's the busiest and probably the most unpleasant tube line in the city. moving to somewhere on the overground will change your life for the better. trust me.

living next to a tube seems to be the be all and end all to london newbies - i'm assuming you've only been down a year or two right? once you've put in a few grueling years commuting on the tube, it becomes less important.

i used to live in balham. it's nice. but the worst thing about living there - by a country mile - is the northern line. i have nightmares about using it, it's the busiest and probably the most unpleasant tube line in the city. moving to somewhere on the overground will change your life for the better. trust me.

living next to a tube seems to be the be all and end all to london newbies - i'm assuming you've only been down a year or two right? once you've put in a few grueling years commuting on the tube, it becomes less important.

4 years down here, I think the major thing for me is that I rarely get the tube when it's busy. I'm going to work at 06:15, coming home at 19:00. or vice versa. Even then, I'm only on the tube from Clapham North to Oval. Not exactly a commute. Plus I cycle to work in the nicer weather.

The tube is made immeasurably better once you learn which carriages drop you at the exits/transfers that you want and the Northern is only twatful between Angel and London Bridge, iyam.

I couldn't recommend living in London highly enough, for mid 20s to mid 30s. I wouldn't want to live here with kids, though and I'm sure it wouldn't be half as good if there weren't so many of my mates from Uni here already