What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Cheers for the messages, sorry for your loss Tooj, that's exactly what's happened here, he'd want us to celebrate his life rather than spend the whole time feeling sad.

My dads funeral tomorrow, we're playing the original hollies track 'He Aint Heavy' at his funeral as it was his favourite band, so if the Hillsborough charity single gets to number one on sunday that will be a huge bonus.

Condolences Tooj and Idioteque, its hard at the present but time heals all (sorry for the cliche)

my aunt passed last month and we did similar things remembering her as well and it did help a great deal, was hard on my gran as its the second child she's had to bury

was going to post that I was in an elated mood as we've just had over 65cm of snow fall in the 3 days and the skiing was snorkel deep this morning, hats off to my boss who let me start at noon today.

Sorry for your losses 2J and Idioteque. My grandad died in September and this is the first festive period without him. Had a big traditional family event yesterday (Serb orthodox saint's day celebration) which was pretty weird and hard without him. The first one after my grandmother died four years ago was too, but as the years have gone by they've become another opportunity to remember them and another reason to celebrate as we think of celebrating with them, even if a few tears are shed. Hope you can treat Christmas in this way this year, or in the coming years if it's understandably a bit tough first go.

Badly hungover - went out with a load of people I used to work with last night but at least had the sense to take today off - off on Momday as well but in the rest of the time.

Also had a chat with my ex-boss which might result in a new job so roll on the new year.

Anyway when he past away there was a bit of a wait for the Funeral director, and this was a man who loved his drink, especially his rum (not in an alcoholic kind of way, but more appreciated the good things, like when I went to Brugges was saying how he loved Belgium and especially the beers). So calls were made by my aunty and his sons went round as the body was still there. They then ended up opening his favourite bottle of rum and put some of his favourite music on and even my frail old aunty had some of it too. So they pretty much had a wake in his honour whilst waiting for the funeral director to come listening to his favourite music and sipping his favourite rum. I know this would've put a massive smile on his face as that's how he'd have wanted it to happen, not have everybody weeping for him but celebrating the man that he was.

I read this when I came in last night pissed and it made me well up thinking about my Dad - Cheers Tooj :)

In a strange kind of mood.

My uncle died the other day (it's been coming for a while as he had cancer all over his body) and he was moved home over the last week so when the time came he was in his own home. He was a great man and was one of those types of blokes that if he was in the room you'd know he was as he'd be putting smiles on everyone's faces that was in there.

Anyway when he past away there was a bit of a wait for the Funeral director, and this was a man who loved his drink, especially his rum (not in an alcoholic kind of way, but more appreciated the good things, like when I went to Brugges was saying how he loved Belgium and especially the beers). So calls were made by my aunty and his sons went round as the body was still there. They then ended up opening his favourite bottle of rum and put some of his favourite music on and even my frail old aunty had some of it too. So they pretty much had a wake in his honour whilst waiting for the funeral director to come listening to his favourite music and sipping his favourite rum. I know this would've put a massive smile on his face as that's how he'd have wanted it to happen, not have everybody weeping for him but celebrating the man that he was.

Also it's a massive relief for everybody that he's no longer suffering as he'd been unconscious for the last 3 days of his life and wasn't having any quality of life whatsoever. So that's it really, not exactly sure what kind of mood if you like, but just happy that something like that happened as I know that's exactly what he would've wanted. :)

Really sorry to hear that mate but you're right, he would've appreciated the tribute. I know what it's like to see a relative suffer and deteriorate with cancer :)

I recently increased my hours at work and when I got my payslip last night I'm £600 short. Apparently HR forgot to tell payroll so I have to wait til the end of January for it. Fuckers.

I recently increased my hours at work and when I got my payslip last night I'm £600 short. Apparently HR forgot to tell payroll so I have to wait til the end of January for it. Fuckers.

Whey no, payroll can pay you a one off payment if you kick up enough of a stink.

Aye you should be chucking a proper wobbler over that. That's their mistake to fix immediately, not yours to wait around for. Tell them you've just moved house so you were reliant on that money coming in and it's not acceptable telling you to wait a month. They can do a payment run at any time, they just won't want to. And if they don't make mistakes, they won't have to. I fucking hate HR departments.

Aye, I know. Luckily I'd done some overtime the month before so got that paid which pretty much covered it. They now have to e-mail my boss to make sure I'm not lying about increasing my hours basically, despite the fact I was copied into the e-mail she sent them to inform them in the first place.

GGGgrrrrrrRRR... :PMT:

See if I fuck up and make a mistake with the payroll (I'm only human!) I change it that second. You can't go fucking with people's income, esp over Christmas.

Pretty canny today.

Our lass is back at work today so Im currently having a lazy day stretched out on the sofa whilst the youngun happily covers the entire floor surface with toys. I do / did have plans to go out with the bairns somewhere but the skys look dark and heavy, making being inside seem even more of a treat.

Hoping the wife gets an early finish so we can go fish hunting. Gutted that everywhere was shut yesterday.

This is the first time I've worked the days in between for about five or six years and I'd forgotten how relaxed and civilised it is compared with normal. Trains empty and almost nothing to do at work - in fact just solved my one issue of the day, sent an email about it and will now do fuck all until five.

I'm thoroughly fucking miserable. Worked on Xmas day and 34hours over the last 3 days on top of that. Half the staff are off sick so it's manic and to top it off nufc have had 2 gutting defeats in 3 days. Need to do something to cheer myself up tomorrow

I'm thoroughly fucking miserable. Worked on Xmas day and 34hours over the last 3 days on top of that. Half the staff are off sick so it's manic and to top it off nufc have had 2 gutting defeats in 3 days. Need to do something to cheer myself up tomorrow

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/28394-the-belta-minge-thread-nsfw/page__st__2020