What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Agree with what the others are saying Craig, that response is worse than a disgrace.

If you're able to run with it and take it elsewhere, then run.

• 2 weeks later...

Drained. 

One of the younger lads down my local is a manic depressive. Early 20s, he worked for a few years and decided to go back into education, doing a degree in Music Production & Sound Engineering which has always been his dream. 

On the face of it, everything is quite rosy - he's got loving parents who he still lives with, has his own car, a decent job to help fund his education & social life, good mates but he has this darkness that descends upon him which he can't legislate for, no control. He is a self-harmer. 

I've kinda taken on a bit of a mentoring role with him having been through a similar period myself. I run the pub quiz at the local and I get him to help out - write a few rounds and present them - basically giving him a platform to be appreciated by those around him. 

Sunday evening he slapped one of our mutual mates on the back, forgetting he was suffering with chronic back pain. In jest, I said "don't worry, I'll kick his arse for you!" - but he completely took it the wrong way, stormed out the pub disappeared into the night. Was contacted next morning by another mutual mate (who knew nothing about what happened) who said they'd received several disturbing messages from him during the night and then he stopped responding. So to say panic ensued Monday morning was an understatement. We finally found him just before lunch, pissed up but alive and I have never felt so relieved. 

Just a reminder that mates need to be there during the really shitty times, as well as the good ones. And when it comes to people going through that sort of episode it truly is strength in numbers. If only one person is delivering a positive message than it can easily be dismissed as 'you're only trying to appease me'. If many people are delivering it, it's so fucking powerful. 

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He'd be the world heavyweight champion within a year. 

Have you been attending the Stevie school of predictions?

A bit pissed off/angry. Eon are hassling me over (substantial) unpaid utility bills from my sister, saying they're owed on her estate and they may prosecute me. I have no idea how they got my address. I was not the administrator or executor of her estate which paid for her funeral only. I don't think they have a leg to stand on but I could do without the upset from these cunts and threat to my credit rating. Last year I had similar hassle from her housing association. She's dead a year, let it go you corporate cunt bastards. 

• Jaysus... 3

Given the current standing of energy companys, I’m sure any of the news organisations would love to hear from you. 

Also, not a lawyer or anything, but I’m fairly sure they can not only get to fuck, put can possibly be done for harassment? 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given the current standing of energy companys, I’m sure any of the news organisations would love to hear from you. 

Also, not a lawyer or anything, but I’m fairly sure they can not only get to fuck, put can possibly be done for harassment? 

Yeah, I'm not liable and this is not a good look. I'm returning their invoice with a letter telling them this and telling them not to bother me again. See what happens. Really can't figure out how they got my address mind, my guess is the housing association must have given them it as I ws in correspondence with them last year over rent arrears (due to the fact she was, you know, dead). Pretty pissed off with them if this is the case.

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

A bit pissed off/angry. Eon are hassling me over (substantial) unpaid utility bills from my sister, saying they're owed on her estate and they may prosecute me. I have no idea how they got my address. I was not the administrator or executor of her estate which paid for her funeral only. I don't think they have a leg to stand on but I could do without the upset from these cunts and threat to my credit rating. Last year I had similar hassle from her housing association. She's dead a year, let it go you corporate cunt bastards. 

We had a similar issue last year where a car finance company wanted us to pay for the departed father in laws motor. Quickly discovered this was bollocks. (This was in Scotland but assume it’s the same here). 

Not sure if you are with Eon or Eon next, but this is a great email to bypass the usual morons on the phones. I used it last week and got problem sorted following day.

ceo@eonnext.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We had a similar issue last year where a car finance company wanted us to pay for the departed father in laws motor. Quickly discovered this was bollocks. (This was in Scotland but assume it’s the same here). 

Not sure if you are with Eon or Eon next, but this is a great email to bypass the usual morons on the phones. I used it last week and got problem sorted following day.

ceo@eonnext.com

Cheers, yeah, Gemmill gave me a similar tip for a BT issue which worked. I'm not with Eon. I've outlined I am not connected with her estate and for them to desist all further communication which I am finding upsetting. Hopefully that will do it. 

• Like 1

Strawb is right. If you're not her executor, or named as a proxy on her account then this represents a clear GDPR breach for which you can sue their arse. Pointing that out should help desist their communication.

Fucking arseholes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two years and three months after first applying, myself and Mrs A have been granted residency of New Zealand! Absolutely massive news for us that opens up the possibility of us just staying here forever now.

Huge news and a huge weight lifted wondering if it was ever going to come through for us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Two years and three months after first applying, myself and Mrs A have been granted residency of New Zealand! Absolutely massive news for us that opens up the possibility of us just staying here forever now.

Huge news and a huge weight lifted wondering if it was ever going to come through for us.

That's great news if you love it out there, Andrew. :good:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Time to silibrate wuth fush und chups, bro 

Well done and good luck. 👍 

• Like 1

Mrs. F. let the mutt out for a piss last night before bed and came rushing back in all flustered saying “ Someone’s died!”

As she was out in the garden a gurney came out of the house next door with a body on. 
It’s the wife of the old guy next door- she was seriously agoraphobic and since moving here in 2016 I’ve only seen her 4-5 times. 
Her husband is a lovely bloke, retired firefighter and I’ve always stopped to chat with him when I see him- I feel so sorry for him. 
I’ll give him a knock later, but I always feel utterly useless in situations like this- nowt I can say or do will bring his wife back. 

So, me and the Mrs just went next door to see how Tom, my neighbour, is doing. 
He’s heartbroken- it was bloody awful, I just wanted to give him a big hug and let him know we’re there if he needs us, but he’s of the “stiff upper lip” generation, and even though it was plain as day he’d have loved a hug, ( probably more from Mrs F, than me) all we could do was let him know we are just next door, pat him on the shoulders and leave it at that. 
He’s a lovely old bloke and I’ll be keeping a weather eye on him over the next few months. 
Ffs, being British has its drawbacks like.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1