What mood are you in and why?

catmag

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm annoyed at myself for even going to my work Christmas do this year. I hate big group things like that, don't do great in them, and knew I would hate it from start to finish. But I still went cos that's what you're meant to do. 

I left as early as I possibly could and vowed as I was walking out that I'm just not gonna go to these things in the future. They're for other people.

Other people 

Celebrate We The Best GIF by Booksmart

12 hours ago, Alex said:

I feel really lucky living where I live. Out the back of mine there’s relatively little light pollution. I love just looking at the night sky. Also I have what you might call rural walks, more or less on my doorstep too. I see roe deer over my back fence (and loads of other wildlife) almost every day. All less than 10 mins walk from a metro that’s a short journey to the coast and the centre of town. I doubt the view out the back is permanently going to stay all fields but it was almost certainly just what the doctor ordered these last few years from my pov. 

Deer you say. How lovely.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

sounds lush. Where is that? My

mother lives in the middle of nowhere -out towards Hamsterly forest, and it doesn’t matter how often I go back to visit her I’m always blown away by how the night sky looks without the light pollution 

Palmersville, believe it or not. Directly out the back of mine is a privately owned bit if land which was once a small open cast mine. It’s fenced off in all directions and, bar the odd inspection from the company that owns it, no one goes on it. It’s effectively a nature reserve. I see foxes, deer, buzzards, kestrels. Even the occasional lizard in the back garden. Beyond that there’s fields, some with crops, others where horses are kept until you reach the A19 about 1 1/2 mile away. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not something I've ever had to worry about but if I end up somewhere with it as a culture I'd have no trouble saying thanks but no thanks with added laughs if they seemed put out by it?

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Palmersville, believe it or not. Directly out the back of mine is a privately owned bit if land which was once a small open cast mine. It’s fenced off in all directions and, bar the odd inspection from the company that owns it, no one goes on it. It’s effectively a nature reserve.  I see foxes, deer, buzzards, kestrels. Even the occasional lizard in the back garden and once saw a large, agitated looking turkey in the local Aldi. Beyond that there’s fields, some with crops, others where horses are kept until you reach the A19 about 1 1/2 mile away. 

Proper Attenborough stuff. 👌

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Alex said:

Palmersville, believe it or not. Directly out the back of mine is a privately owned bit if land which was once a small open cast mine. It’s fenced off in all directions and, bar the odd inspection from the company that owns it, no one goes on it. It’s effectively a nature reserve. I see foxes, deer, buzzards, kestrels. Even the occasional lizard in the back garden. Beyond that there’s fields, some with crops, others where horses are kept until you reach the A19 about 1 1/2 mile away. 

I can imagine that’s great for quality of life. I’m lucky enough to have a big garden with mature trees that block the terrace behind us so we’re only overlooked by our nextdoor neighbours. It’s about as “rural” as you get for zone two London I suppose. We have a family of foxes that live in our garden that our cats like to terrorise. I’ve seen the fox cubs playing, which is cute. They make a hell of a racket at night mind. Though even that’s not as bad as the bastard parakeets 

• Like 1

Finished now until the 28th- all shopping done and dusted. 
Starting prep for Christmas dinner for 10 and Boxing Day for 9 people, so an afternoon of me buzzing about the kitchen doing veg, stuffings, baking, and mild scutteration :lol:

Merry Christmas lads! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Starting prep for Christmas dinner for 10 and Boxing Day for 9 people, so an afternoon of me buzzing about the kitchen doing veg, stuffings, baking, and mild scutteration :lol:

Merry Christmas lads! 

If you need any tips….

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I can imagine that’s great for quality of life. I’m lucky enough to have a big garden with mature trees that block the terrace behind us so we’re only overlooked by our nextdoor neighbours. It’s about as “rural” as you get for zone two London I suppose. We have a family of foxes that live in our garden that our cats like to terrorise. I’ve seen the fox cubs playing, which is cute. They make a hell of a racket at night mind. Though even that’s not as bad as the bastard parakeets 

Ha, the parakeets, I worked in Sunbury for a few years, first time I saw one I thought what the fuck!! It was soon joined by a flock of the fuckers, they seem to have taken to down the smoke very well.

41 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Merry Christmas lads! 

Those graves won't get dug by themselves remember. 😉 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Kangaroos are Mags. The way that one did fuck all when punched by an MLF and just stood there as if he was saying to him: 'Sorry mate, I'll pipe down about football from now on as I'm ashamed of my Magness in front of a superior mackem god'

RTG'dTP

• Haha 8

Used to see loads of parakeets in the St James’s Park with the unnecessary apostrophe when I was working in Whitehall. But apparently there’s meant to be sone in Walker Park. I haven’t been there since I was a kid so I wouldn’t know.