What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Feeling Champion this morning. The ride into work was pretty brutal, headwinds all the way in. Sods law, by the time I am going home its always changed direction and I am getting headwinds going home :icon_lol:

BUT

Feeling gooooooood :o

Busy day ahead so speak laters boys and girls oh and Deano :icon_lol:

Fucking gash mood. Just back at work after a 5 week sabbatical and a week holiday in Ibiza. Weather shite and my boss, who is new, is cracking the whip. Haven't even had chance to catch up on my emails yet. Tosser.

Yeah i needy pay it back. When i'm earning over £15,000 a year it starts to be paid back.

What course are you doing again?

HND in civil engineering, then on to my 2nd year of uni.

utterly utterly bored, works like a morgue atm with not much happening (holidays and such)

trying to do a bit of tinkering with Toontastic mkII but it's a pain in the ballocks from work with not having ftp/shell access

Simpleton question.

Why cant we simply buy the latest version of the IP board 3.1 that seems to have all the goodies like mobile access etc. It looks as though it is only about £80 and many have offered to chip in.

Would this not be an easy, cheap option?

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/whats_new.php

utterly utterly bored, works like a morgue atm with not much happening (holidays and such)

trying to do a bit of tinkering with Toontastic mkII but it's a pain in the ballocks from work with not having ftp/shell access

Simpleton question.

Why cant we simply buy the latest version of the IP board 3.1 that seems to have all the goodies like mobile access etc. It looks as though it is only about £80 and many have offered to chip in.

Would this not be an easy, cheap option?

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/whats_new.php

Things were held up a bit cause of some of us had things on, and because the database is so large it's not a matter of a straight backup.

But....

Who says we haven't? (latest version is 3.2.x btw)

who says that i didn't take a clone of the database last friday and yesterday on my half day got it running with the new version of the board on my hosting as a test bed + new features like the facebook/twitter login shite and the mobile/tapatalk versions.

simple answer anyways is, it's all been in motion for a while, and it's not as simple as lobbing on the new version.

2.X >3.X is a major version revision, basically a rewrite of the software itself so although theres an upgrade process, its not nailed on to go smoothly because there's big changes behind the scenes.

even after the upgrades you get little bits that need fixed that aren't difficult but time consuming (running a script to rebuild nearly 1m posts for instance took a couple of hours and timed out at around the 750k mark).

The "skin/theme" also isn't compatible which i'm currently working on now, again not hard once you get a base, just a ball ache changing all the icons and things like that.

but yes things are well underway currently rest easy TT

Jolly good.

Heres a suggestion. Why not just do away with the old database and old posts and everyone can start from scratch with new user names. It will be like online hide and seek and the last user to be outed is the winner.