Hughton expects transfer kitty

2bias

Ameobi's scored 28 goals in the premier league for a career total (thats in 160ish games), carlton cole scored 10 in this season alone, same sorta number for zamora, even doyle got 9 this season, and Rodallega has only had one full season in the prem and already got into double figures.

so no he won't be as capable as them, not even remotely, the guys gash, he can't hold up the ball like some of the players you mentioned, he can't run with it like some of the above and someone like Rodallega is more skilful and all.

All this is irrelevant i guess but sure we'll see how it goes for him this season, in the past he was rubbish

How many starts? and how many as leading man?

how long are you going to chase this particular lost cause :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with ant and dont know whats got into some of you

sholas never been a good player, hes been "ok" in the championship when he was fit but as a PL striker? get off

fucking useless

I don't think he's very good, but at the same time I don't think a lot of the side's we'll be realistically competing with next season have very good strikers either. Is he significantly worse than Cameron Jerome, Zamora, Carlton Cole, Kevin Davies and the like? I don't think believe he is. I hope he's not one of our first choice strikers next season, because even with our budget we should be able to find better, but his scoring record each season is generally a goal every 3 starts, which isn't terrible.

I've advocated us going after Boyd from Rangers for a while, because at the moment we don't have a genuine goalscorer in our squad (with the possible exception of Lovenkrands), but that won't happen and it looks like we're going to have to make the best of what we've got. Do I think Ameobi will be able to lead the line effectively next season? No. Do I think he is capable of being useful as a squad player? Yes.

Kevin Davies is miles better than Ameobi.

Who was the last striker to come out of the sunday league scoring goals against 3rd division standard opposition to uphole their reputation down here too ?

If you're talking about the SPL, Steven Fletcher this season at Burnley. Came from Hibs and got 12 league goals in a terrible terrible side.

sholas never been a good player, hes been "ok" in the championship when he was fit but as a PL striker? get off

fucking useless

I don't think he's very good, but at the same time I don't think a lot of the side's we'll be realistically competing with next season have very good strikers either. Is he significantly worse than Cameron Jerome, Zamora, Carlton Cole, Kevin Davies and the like? I don't think believe he is. I hope he's not one of our first choice strikers next season, because even with our budget we should be able to find better, but his scoring record each season is generally a goal every 3 starts, which isn't terrible.

I've advocated us going after Boyd from Rangers for a while, because at the moment we don't have a genuine goalscorer in our squad (with the possible exception of Lovenkrands), but that won't happen and it looks like we're going to have to make the best of what we've got. Do I think Ameobi will be able to lead the line effectively next season? No. Do I think he is capable of being useful as a squad player? Yes.

Who was the last striker to come out of the sunday league scoring goals against 3rd division standard opposition to uphole their reputation down here too ?

If you're talking about the SPL, Steven Fletcher this season at Burnley. Came from Hibs and got 12 league goals in a terrible terrible side.

and if the lot in charge of transfers had any sense they'd be looking at signing

fucking useless

we'll see how he progresses. Before him ?

Even the most ardent Scottish football supporter would admit if they are honest, very few players up there are class. Look at the Rangers team that has won the league ? Its full of 2nd division players and ex premiership players who are past their best and/or were never much good anyway.

fucking useless

Even the most ardent Scottish football supporter would admit if they are honest, very few players up there are class. Look at the Rangers team that has won the league ? Its full of 2nd division players and ex premiership players who are past their best and/or were never much good anyway.

There's very few Brits who are "class" full stop

fucking useless

There's very few Brits who are "class" full stop

decent premiership standard............which isn't good enough for us, but thats another debate altogether in view of the lowered expectations that now exist at the club.

fucking useless

That's fair enough. I'm not actually Scottish, I just happen to be at uni in Aberdeen and have a season ticket down at Pittodrie, so I've got a fair idea of the standard, and, as you say there's an awful lot of dross in that league.

At the same time though, just like in the Championship, there are some affordable players who I reckon could cut it at Premiership level. Bougherra, Wilson, Davis and Boyd at Rangers, McGeady at Celtic and Goncalves at Hearts are all players that I've seen who I reckon could player at a higher level. I would also have added MacArthur at Hamilton to that, but it looks like he's made a move to Wigan.

fucking useless

That's fair enough. I'm not actually Scottish, I just happen to be at uni in Aberdeen and have a season ticket down at Pittodrie, so I've got a fair idea of the standard, and, as you say there's an awful lot of dross in that league.

At the same time though, just like in the Championship, there are some affordable players who I reckon could cut it at Premiership level. Bougherra, Wilson, Davis and Boyd at Rangers, McGeady at Celtic and Goncalves at Hearts are all players that I've seen who I reckon could player at a higher level. I would also have added MacArthur at Hamilton to that, but it looks like he's made a move to Wigan.

Depends on your aspirations. Me ? I can't think of a good one to come down from Scotland since Gordon Strachan.

Newcastle won't receive a penny from Milner transfer - Exclusive

Published 18:00 20/05/10 By Simon Bird

Chris Hughton will NOT be getting a windfall if James Milner makes a £25million plus switch from Aston Villa to Manchester City.

The former Newcastle United winger was sold by Dennis Wise to Villa for a total of £12million.

Wise drove the price up from an initial Villa offer of £8million during negotiations and when it reached an agreed £12million Villa refused to include a sell-on clause.

Newcastle have so far received £8million from Villa for Milner and another £4million instalment is due this summer.

Milner, who is set to star for England at the World Cup, will discuss his Villa future next week.

However he is determined that nothing will distract him from England duties in South Africa.

HOw is Milner worth £25m?

7 goals 12 assists from all around midfield in 36 games and still only 24

oh and hes english

thats how

Edited by Andrew

fucking useless

Depends on your aspirations. Me ? I can't think of a good one to come down from Scotland since Gordon Strachan.

Stilian Petrov has proved to be a really good signing for Villa, and they're in the kind of position we should be aspiring to achieve.

I understand what you mean about not wanting players who are just going to be average, and we shouldn't be looking for journeyman. But for us to become a good premier league side again, we're going to have to first become an established decent side, and I think the players I've mentioned would all add something to our squad, and some would be first 11 players.

fucking useless

Stilian Petrov has proved to be a really good signing for Villa, and they're in the kind of position we should be aspiring to achieve.

I understand what you mean about not wanting players who are just going to be average, and we shouldn't be looking for journeyman. But for us to become a good premier league side again, we're going to have to first become an established decent side, and I think the players I've mentioned would all add something to our squad, and some would be first 11 players.

I don't agree

I would prefer to sign the likes of #Given, Beye, Bassong, Milner and N'Zobia'.

How much do you think it will take to replace that little lot without going into the red ?

if its worth taking a risk on him we might as well do it when he is a free transfer.

I know about wages and signing on fee etc as well.

Guest alex

I agree. Canny player and just the sort of physical presence we could do with back there. I'll believe it when I see it like.