George Best

Guest alex

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we having a sweepstake at work for what time he'll go, is that a bit sick and disrespectful?

60183[/snapback]

You can imagine Best being involved in something like that himself when he was younger. Personally, I think it's a bit sick as someone will be happy when he dies.

For all the drawn-out saga that it's been, it's really sad now that you know he's definitely going to die soon.  And all for the sake of drink. :D

60194[/snapback]

Any sadder than a smoker dying of lung cancer or a fat bastard dying of a heart attack?

Has anyone ever heard the interviews on the radio/telly with Best's doctor outside the hospital?  He always sounds absolutely RAT-ARSED!

60186[/snapback]

True that like. Drinking partner? Looks like he's 106, probably only in his late 40's.

For all the drawn-out saga that it's been, it's really sad now that you know he's definitely going to die soon.  And all for the sake of drink. :D

60194[/snapback]

Any sadder than a smoker dying of lung cancer or a fat bastard dying of a heart attack?

60198[/snapback]

I wasn't playing top trumps tbh.

For all the drawn-out saga that it's been, it's really sad now that you know he's definitely going to die soon.  And all for the sake of drink. :icon_lol:

60194[/snapback]

60198[/snapback]

Definitely, definitely looking for an argument :D

60194[/snapback]

60198[/snapback]

60200[/snapback]

I know, I was just curious, that's all. It does seem more self inflicted somehow, but is it really?

For all the drawn-out saga that it's been, it's really sad now that you know he's definitely going to die soon.  And all for the sake of drink. :razz:

60194[/snapback]

60198[/snapback]

60200[/snapback]

:D:icon_lol::angry:

Terrible thing, yet my sympathy is tempered- didn't he have a liver transplant some years ago? And still drinking? Not meaning this in a cruel or harsh way, and I would never wish that kind of death on anyone , but fact is he brought it on himself. Tragic tho.

Terrible thing, yet  my sympathy is tempered- didn't he have a liver transplant some years ago? And still drinking?  Not meaning this in a cruel or harsh way, and I would never wish that kind of death on anyone , but fact is he brought it on himself. Tragic tho.

60205[/snapback]

Yes, he has managed to completely knack a new liver in three years, I imagine that takes some doing.

It is sad, but it is difficult to have sympathy.

Terrible thing, yet  my sympathy is tempered- didn't he have a liver transplant some years ago? And still drinking?  Not meaning this in a cruel or harsh way, and I would never wish that kind of death on anyone , but fact is he brought it on himself. Tragic tho.

60205[/snapback]

Yes, he has managed to completely knack a new liver in three years, I imagine that takes some doing.

It is sad, but it is difficult to have sympathy.

60208[/snapback]

I have no difficulty whatsoever in feeling a lot of sympathy for him. It's not like he made a conscious decision to become an alcoholic.