George Best

Guest alex

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I'm glad this thread turned out to be such a respectful tribute to George Best.

60317[/snapback]

70-odd replies and Its stayed off smut like. Must be some sort of record.

Very respectful I'd say.

Oui.

60313[/snapback]

Losing his mind I reckon. :lol:

60316[/snapback]

He refused to explain it like, so it's either that or it just wasn't funny. Or both.

Oui.

60313[/snapback]

60316[/snapback]

He refused to explain it like, so it's either that or it just wasn't funny. Or both.

60323[/snapback]

Likened him to Charles Dickens too iirc.

Oui.

60313[/snapback]

60316[/snapback]

60323[/snapback]

60324[/snapback]

He was well pissed off about that one like I reckon.

Oui.

60313[/snapback]

60316[/snapback]

60323[/snapback]

60324[/snapback]

60331[/snapback]

Aye, you can peddle that shite on N-O like but he got a right slating for it on here. Rightly so an all :lol:

Oui.

60313[/snapback]

60316[/snapback]

60323[/snapback]

60324[/snapback]

60331[/snapback]

Aye, you can peddle that shite on N-O like but he got a right slating for it on here. Rightly so an all :lol:

60333[/snapback]

;)

Listening to Talksport on the way in and that idiot Mike Parry was going on about how the endurance and the stamina that Best built up as a top sportsman was what was helping him to stay alive at the minute. :lol:

60609[/snapback]

I'm no expert but I think the years he spent drinking put him in his current position. Do you think I could get a job on Talksport?

Listening to Talksport on the way in and that idiot Mike Parry was going on about how the endurance and the stamina that Best built up as a top sportsman was what was helping him to stay alive at the minute. :lol:

60609[/snapback]

I'm no expert but I think the years he spent drinking put him in his current position. Do you think I could get a job on Talksport?

60614[/snapback]

It's like Alan Partridge on there man. When Parry was finished with his gibberish, Alan Brazil pipes up with "Yep, still fighting. Fantaaaaastic". Fucking hell, Brazil, have you listened to a word his doctor's been saying??

And then they'll no doubt play a jingle concerning Brazil's binge drinking, absenteeism, and possible liver damage.  :lol:

60620[/snapback]

Aye, hadn't thought of that like. In general I actually think Brazil's pretty good craic - he's clearly just a bloke living the life of Riley, freeloading at sports and social events, and he's fairly entertaining with it, but he's not much cop in sensitive situations.

When Wayne Rooney scored that hat trick on his European debut, the morning after there was a news report on their breakfast show about a suicide bombing. Anyway, the report finishes and Brazil comes in with "Yep, and now the sport, where Wayne Rooney let off 3 bombs of his own last night". Pure Partridge. :lol:

And then they'll no doubt play a jingle concerning Brazil's binge drinking, absenteeism, and possible liver damage.  :lol:

60620[/snapback]

Aye, hadn't thought of that like. In general I actually think Brazil's pretty good craic - he's clearly just a bloke living the life of Riley, freeloading at sports and social events, and he's fairly entertaining with it, but he's not much cop in sensitive situations.

When Wayne Rooney scored that hat trick on his European debut, the morning after there was a news report on their breakfast show about a suicide bombing. Anyway, the report finishes and Brazil comes in with "Yep, and now the sport, where Wayne Rooney let off 3 bombs of his own last night". Pure Partridge. :lol:

60621[/snapback]

I used not to mind him, but his complete stupidity is increasingly pissing me off. He is like a walking talking Daily Mail, constantly spouting off shit bullshit about christmas being banned for instance. The worst thing is they'll get someone in to prove this is infact not correct, but 10 minutes later he's just repeating the same bullshit. Very unintelligent imo. Plus, as a scotsman, he should be ashamed bigging up England all the time.

Parry's OK except for his obsession with Rooney which leads me to believe he's his love child.

James Whale is a total penis like. He just thinks of the most controversial position he can take on something, comes out with it, and then waits for the morons that can't spot a wind-up to come flooding in on the phones.

He does a show on a Sunday daytime too I think.

Have you heard James Whale's late night phone-in? Fucking hell :lol:

60627[/snapback]

Many years ago he was on a Metro. He's a total cock head. Mind you, even he is surpassed by Mike Dicken, who has fortunately now been relegated to three in the morning or something.

I really can't think why I listen to this shit, it's just a bunch of angry middle aged male wankers. Trouble is I like conversation on the radio (can't find a decent music channel), but 5 live is so unbelievably middle class it's, well, unbelievable. Not much choice really. :lol:

60627[/snapback]

Many years ago he was on a Metro. He's a total cock head. Mind you, even he is surpassed by Mike Dicken, who has fortunately now been relegated to three in the morning or something.

I really can't think why I listen to this shit, it's just a bunch of angry middle aged male wankers. Trouble is I like conversation on the radio (can't find a decent music channel), but 5 live is so unbelievably middle class it's, well, unbelievable. Not much choice really. :lol:

60630[/snapback]

Aye, when I can't stand the stupidity anymore I'll turn over and listen to 5Live. Usually when Rodney Marsh and Paul Breen Turner are doing their odd couple act.

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. ;)

60627[/snapback]

60630[/snapback]

I remember James Whale on Metro many moons ago. Anyway, I flick between FiveLive and Talksport as I like talk radio better than Radio1 et al. I quite like a bit of Radio 4 too. ;)

60643[/snapback]

Exactly the same as me, no need to be ashamed! Radio 4 is quite high brow but then again I think it's a really good source of information that you can absorb which you wouldn't otherwise get.

If I'm going to listen to music then usually I want it to be my choice, but unfortunately my car doesn't have an mp3 dock or CD player.