The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

Must say the party really seems to be scraping the barrel this time.

Heard on the radio that the woman off the show after question time is now running!!

Really are a motley lot of non personalities.

The mlliband boys just seem like little dull Tories, Balls seems a bit mad, the durnham bloke wants to do old skool labour.

Ballsys wife should have ran as she is a tast bit of allright.

This could really send labour back into the wilderness for years.

Any labourightskys like to share their opinion on the candidates?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could really send labour back into the wilderness for years.

Getting a younger, brighter, more media-savvy leader? I don't think so.

Do any of this lot fit that image?

I think they would be eaten alive.

david milliband would do well. he's blair mark II

dianne abbott has no chance. she's a patronising hypocrite.

i think it's a shame john cruddas has declared himself out of the race. he's real labour; with him in charge there would be genuine opposition instead of two parties (three if you count the lib dems) fighting for the centre ground.

It's a shoe in for David Milliband I reckon. Perhaps Alan Johnson would have been good, but I think either Milliband will be more appealing for most the electorate.

CT, you've got to appreciate you are coming from your own biased perspective here. From my p.o.v., the Conservatives are incredibly weak on the personality front, look at the dregs they've had to scrape up to fill their cabinet, even though several places have gone to the now defunct Lib Dem party. Cameron should have won on a landslide against Brown so there are clearly even problems at the very top. As for Gideon, oh dear.

David Milliband is a shoe in, I agree. God knows why his brother is going for it as well. I think he'll do well, young, media savvy.

Ed Balls does like less of a slimey cunt though and comes across well, but he's a bit to close to Brown. And his name will seriously lose Labour votes in the same way Gordon Brown did just by being a bit of a weird one eyed man, just imagine the Sun headlines. This fucking country.

Diane Abbot? WTF?!

It's a shoe in for David Milliband I reckon. Perhaps Alan Johnson would have been good, but I think either Milliband will be more appealing for most the electorate.

CT, you've got to appreciate you are coming from your own biased perspective here. From my p.o.v., the Conservatives are incredibly weak on the personality front, look at the dregs they've had to scrape up to fill their cabinet, even though several places have gone to the now defunct Lib Dem party. Cameron should have won on a landslide against Brown so there are clearly even problems at the very top. As for Gideon, oh dear.

Not at all young skywalker...... I enjoy all politics and enjoy politicians from all sides.

The bottom line is the four or five currently up for election are a dreary lot. Of that there is no denial.

If Milliband (d) is there best hope then they are seriously fucked.

Is it just me who thinks Diane Abbot was quite sexy when she first appeared but is disappointed she's turned into the unfortunately stereotypical fat West Indian older woman?

Is it just me who thinks Diane Abbot was quite sexy when she first appeared but is disappointed she's turned into the unfortunately stereotypical fat West Indian older woman?

If she got elected (which she won't) it'd destroy Labour in it's heartlands, in my experience the "working man" ain't that enlightened sadly

Not at all young skywalker...... I enjoy all politics and enjoy politicians from all sides.

The bottom line is the four or five currently up for election are a dreary lot. Of that there is no denial.

Sigh. This is just your opinion CT, not fact. You are 'dyed in the wool' tory (your words), you couldn't help being biased any more than I could with Cameron. And even if you were impartial, your opinion would fly in the face of most commentators. Milliband will win many votes compared to his predecessor. If the recession hits us hard, don't rule out you might have a PM as your MP.

If she got elected (which she won't) it'd destroy Labour in it's heartlands, in my experience the "working man" ain't that enlightened sadly

Never happen in a million years. Although I do also question the wisdom of the Millibands taking votes from each other.

got to be David Milliband

CT clearly just annoyed that if it is he wont be able to use his "dave" slogans for the election next year

The mlliband boys just seem like little dull Tories

Based on policy* and not looks would you care to explain this?

*I know your boys aren't too big on it :D

Sigh. This is just your opinion CT, not fact. You are 'dyed in the wool' tory (your words), you couldn't help being biased any more than I could with Cameron. And even if you were impartial, your opinion would fly in the face of most commentators. Milliband will win many votes compared to his predecessor. If the recession hits us hard, don't rule out you might have a PM as your MP.

Sigh right back at you.

It's not about party bias! Do you simply not understand?

While being a Newcastle supporter I can recognise Rooney is a good player.

While being a Tory I can recognise good politicians who have that "x factor" in other parties.

Labour have had many over the years however myself and "many commentators", clearly recognise this bunch are a drab lot. This does not mean they won't win etc, just that they all lack that special appeal.

If you think I'm wrong at least add a bit of substance to why you think a particular one has the x factor rather than just telling me I'm wrong! :D

Sigh right back at you.

It's not about party bias! Do you simply not understand?

While being a Newcastle supporter I can recognise Rooney is a good player.

While being a Tory I can recognise good politicians who have that "x factor" in other parties.

Labour have had many over the years however myself and "many commentators", clearly recognise this bunch are a drab lot. This does not mean they won't win etc, just that they all lack that special appeal.

If you think I'm wrong at least add a bit of substance to why you think a particular one has the x factor rather than just telling me I'm wrong! :D

Tell you what, why don't you prove you're right for a change and that this description of the Millibands is more than just your own opinion?

Out of interest, do you think Cameron has the 'x factor'?

Ok so once again it's all talk and no substance from Renton !

Come to think of it, you'd make a great Tory.

Fair enough if you can't back your position up.

With regard to Cameron the answer is definitely yes, that's why he won a massive hundred and odd seats and is now the pm.

Btw, before you come back with your " he shoulda woulda cudda had a bigger majority", yes we all know that and this thread is about Labour not Tory.

To any other Labourixts, is there anyone else who you would like to see run who isn't.

Don't know why they don't get Red Ken back into the big tent.

Ok so once again it's all talk and no substance from Renton !

Come to think of it, you'd make a great Tory.

Fair enough if you can't back your position up.

With regard to Cameron the answer is definitely yes, that's why he won a massive hundred and odd seats and is now the pm.

Btw, before you come back with your " he shoulda woulda cudda had a bigger majority", yes we all know that and this thread is about Labour not Tory.

To any other Labourixts, is there anyone else who you would like to see run who isn't.

Don't know why they don't get Red Ken back into the big tent.

It's just opinions CT, can't you see that? How do I back up my opinion? Neither Milliband has even been elected yet so this is ridiculously premature anyway. Once it happens, and there is a general election, we will get some objective evidence on what people think about individual candidates from polls and surveys. I haven't even made up my mind yet and would personally like to see them, and the other candidates, perform in hustings.

As for Cameron, well. To be frank, either you are a bit thick or I am for falling for your constant wummery.

It'll be a Miliband IMO, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a surprise as to which one...

Outside bet for me is Burnham. The others don't stand a chance IMO.

Ed Balls would have been better getting behind one of the others - I feel he's too representative of the Labour that has just been rejected by the electorate. The party needs to reform in opposition and the Milibands at least seem to realise that.

It'll be a Miliband IMO, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a surprise as to which one...

Ed Balls would have been better getting behind one of the others - I feel he's too representative of the Labour that has just been rejected by the electorate. The party needs to reform in opposition and the Milibands at least seem to realise that.

you couldn't get more like the last lot than milliband ( d).

He was a creator of Blairism and worked for Blair til 2001 before becoming an mp and holding various government posts.

Allthough youngish, he is definitely old skool blairite.

He was a creator of Blairism and worked for Blair til 2001 before becoming an mp and holding various government posts.

You could argue the same of Blair as he worked for Kinnock & Smith.

Miliband is as revolutionary as Blair was IMO. Balls is straight out the Brown mould and therefore bad news for Labour.

You could argue the same of Blair as he worked for Kinnock & Smith.

Miliband is as revolutionary as Blair was IMO. Balls is straight out the Brown mould and therefore bad news for Labour.

Would make a good double act, unite both sides of the party?