The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

It'll be a Miliband IMO, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a surprise as to which one...

Outside bet for me is Burnham. The others don't stand a chance IMO.

Ed Balls would have been better getting behind one of the others - I feel he's too representative of the Labour that has just been rejected by the electorate. The party needs to reform in opposition and the Milibands at least seem to realise that.

you couldn't get more like the last lot than milliband ( d).

He was a creator of Blairism and worked for Blair til 2001 before becoming an mp and holding various government posts.

Allthough youngish, he is definitely old skool blairite.

You could argue the same of Blair as he worked for Kinnock & Smith.

Miliband is as revolutionary as Blair was IMO. Balls is straight out the Brown mould and therefore bad news for Labour.

Would make a good double act, unite both sides of the party?

Hence why I said he'd have been better off getting onside with Miliband and been his running man (in much the same way Prescott did with Blair).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Diane Abbott's got a hope in hell of getting it as she's way too unreconstructed (and besides it's D Milliband's to lose anyway), but there's something re-affirming for me that Labour actually have a working class, black woman to put forward for it's leadership. Not in the PC sense either, but in how it reflects one essential difference between labour and conservative that will always see me sticking two fingers up to the Tories. Amongst a very long list of reasons. :D

Labour need a working man or woman to lead them. None of these wishy washy, PR obsessed centre right clones who say nothing and live in a political bubble. They need someone who has had plenty of experience doing normal jobs and not some geek who joined the Labour society at Cambridge University, and worked their way through the party machine protected from having to actually meet humans.

Not that Diane Abbott's got a hope in hell of getting it as she's way too unreconstructed (and besides it's D Milliband's to lose anyway), but there's something re-affirming for me that Labour actually have a working class, black woman to put forward for it's leadership. Not in the PC sense either, but in how it reflects one essential difference between labour and conservative that will always see me sticking two fingers up to the Tories. Amongst a very long list of reasons. :D

:icon_lol::security: :security:

Who went to Cambridge and sent her son to a £10,000 a year private school. Very working class.

Labour need a working man or woman to lead them. None of these wishy washy, PR obsessed centre right clones who say nothing and live in a political bubble. They need someone who has had plenty of experience doing normal jobs and not some geek who joined the Labour society at Cambridge University, and worked their way through the party machine protected from having to actually meet humans.

I dont disagree but I think those days have gone. In all partys it is now the social elite pulling the strings.

:security::security::security:

Who went to Cambridge and sent her son to a £10,000 a year private school. Very working class.

Why shouldn't she have gone to Cambridge like? :icon_lol:

Been Googling much btw?

Been Googling much btw?

Nowt against cambridge but lets not dress her up as Mrs average working class black woman. :security: and use her to point to differences between Labour and Tories.

Been Googling much btw?

Nowt against cambridge but lets not dress her up as Mrs average working class black woman. :security: and use her to point to differences between Labour and Tories.

She's quite clearly not Mrs average working class black woman, but she is a working class black woman. Which is the difference between the parties that I was alluding to. Non-argument I'm afraid, just simple matter of fact. :security:

It's a shoe in for David Milliband I reckon. Perhaps Alan Johnson would have been good, but I think either Milliband will be more appealing for most the electorate.

CT, you've got to appreciate you are coming from your own biased perspective here. From my p.o.v., the Conservatives are incredibly weak on the personality front, look at the dregs they've had to scrape up to fill their cabinet, even though several places have gone to the now defunct Lib Dem party. Cameron should have won on a landslide against Brown so there are clearly even problems at the very top. As for Gideon, oh dear.

Not at all young skywalker...... I enjoy all politics and enjoy politicians from all sides.

The bottom line is the four or five currently up for election are a dreary lot. Of that there is no denial.

If Milliband (d) is there best hope then they are seriously fucked.

Sigh. This is just your opinion CT, not fact. You are 'dyed in the wool' tory (your words), you couldn't help being biased any more than I could with Cameron. And even if you were impartial, your opinion would fly in the face of most commentators. Milliband will win many votes compared to his predecessor. If the recession hits us hard, don't rule out you might have a PM as your MP.

Sigh right back at you.

It's not about party bias! Do you simply not understand?

While being a Newcastle supporter I can recognise Rooney is a good player.

While being a Tory I can recognise good politicians who have that "x factor" in other parties.

Labour have had many over the years however myself and "many commentators", clearly recognise this bunch are a drab lot. This does not mean they won't win etc, just that they all lack that special appeal.

If you think I'm wrong at least add a bit of substance to why you think a particular one has the x factor rather than just telling me I'm wrong! :D

Who?

Do these "many commentators" have names?

Let's see some quotes please?

(you can search on www.wum.co.ck).

Been Googling much btw?

She's quite clearly not Mrs average working class black woman, but she is a working class black woman. Which is the difference between the parties that I was alluding to. Non-argument I'm afraid, just simple matter of fact. :)

So someone who attends Cambridge and sends their child to £10,000 a year private school is now working class. :security:

Your right.... Non Argument :rolleyes:

It's a shoe in for David Milliband I reckon. Perhaps Alan Johnson would have been good, but I think either Milliband will be more appealing for most the electorate.

CT, you've got to appreciate you are coming from your own biased perspective here. From my p.o.v., the Conservatives are incredibly weak on the personality front, look at the dregs they've had to scrape up to fill their cabinet, even though several places have gone to the now defunct Lib Dem party. Cameron should have won on a landslide against Brown so there are clearly even problems at the very top. As for Gideon, oh dear.

Not at all young skywalker...... I enjoy all politics and enjoy politicians from all sides.

The bottom line is the four or five currently up for election are a dreary lot. Of that there is no denial.

Sigh. This is just your opinion CT, not fact. You are 'dyed in the wool' tory (your words), you couldn't help being biased any more than I could with Cameron. And even if you were impartial, your opinion would fly in the face of most commentators. Milliband will win many votes compared to his predecessor. If the recession hits us hard, don't rule out you might have a PM as your MP.

Sigh right back at you.

While being a Tory I can recognise good politicians who have that "x factor" in other parties.

Labour have had many over the years however myself and "many commentators", clearly recognise this bunch are a drab lot. This does not mean they won't win etc, just that they all lack that special appeal.

If you think I'm wrong at least add a bit of substance to why you think a particular one has the x factor rather than just telling me I'm wrong! :security:

Who?

Your becoming more desperate each week. :icon_lol: Get over yerself man :D Its almost stalking...

At least participate in the argument first. If you dont think there a drab bunch stand up for them. Have some balls man.

Been Googling much btw?

She's quite clearly not Mrs average working class black woman, but she is a working class black woman. Which is the difference between the parties that I was alluding to. Non-argument I'm afraid, just simple matter of fact. :)

So someone who attends Cambridge and sends their child to £10,000 a year private school is now working class. :security:

My Wife's Aunt, Uncle, and both of their children all went to either Oxford or Cambridge.

She( the aunt) went to Dame Allans on a scholarship. Her kids went to state school.She was recently awarded an O.B.E.

She is , and counts her family as, working class.

All fact, not argument.

Your point?

Sigh right back at you.

If you think I'm wrong at least add a bit of substance to why you think a particular one has the x factor rather than just telling me I'm wrong! :security:

Who?

Your becoming more desperate each week. :icon_lol: Get over yerself man :D Its almost stalking...

At least participate in the argument first. If you dont think there a drab bunch stand up for them. Have some balls man.

Failed.

No quotes- no argument to participate in.

You'd fucking love your own stalker btw.

D.Milliband -PM in waiting.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Been Googling much btw?

My Wife's Aunt, Uncle, and both of their children all went to either Oxford or Cambridge.

She( the aunt) went to Dame Allans on a scholarship. Her kids went to state school.She was recently awarded an O.B.E.

She is , and counts her family as, working class.

All fact, not argument.

Your point?

Its a very straightforward point that your obsession lets you overlook :)

Most people, if asked,

"Do you consider somebody who went to Cambridge and sends their child to a £10,000 a year private school, working class"

Would say no.

It is a very simple point. Deep breaths and just think about it for a while.

I wear Paul Smith, not Calvin Klein.

Waiting for some examples of "many commentators".

You not crashed yet?

Waiting for the right pair of ladders to crash into. :D

I don't use them.

Try a wall or the sea.

Goodnight.

You not crashed yet?

Waiting for the right pair of ladders to crash into. :icon_lol:

I don't use them.

Try a wall or the sea.

Goodnight.

Sad sad little man :D

You not crashed yet?

Waiting for the right pair of ladders to crash into. :icon_lol:

I don't use them.

Try a wall or the sea.

Goodnight.

I am a Sad sad little man, :D

fixed

I dont disagree but I think those days have gone. In all partys it is now the social elite pulling the strings.

Always have been.

Been Googling much btw?

So someone who attends Cambridge and sends their child to £10,000 a year private school is now working class. :rolleyes:

Your right.... Non Argument :)

The private school thing is a valid point, CT-it can certainly be argued (and of course has been by her own constituents) that it compromises her principles. She argues state schools fail black lads, which they undoubtedly do, but it doesn't really carry the day for me as a stand-alone argument.

The Cambridge University thing is a bit distasteful though on the the other hand and I can't understand why you keep banging that drum. Begins to appear as though you view an education and working class values as being mutually exclusive, which is a frankly absurd and odious view.

Having said all that I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd proposed that she wasn't black in order to make your point-so I should be thankful for the barest rudiments of a sensible argument at least. :security:

As I'm sure you know I have no problem her or the individual points, just the way you over egged her as a working class black woman that the Tories don't have.

It is a shame that more and more genuine working class (like prescott) don't get high up in politics and regardless of party it is more and more the social elite that get in.

Been Googling much btw?

So someone who attends Cambridge and sends their child to £10,000 a year private school is now working class. :rolleyes:

Your right.... Non Argument :)

The private school thing is a valid point, CT-it can certainly be argued (and of course has been by her own constituents) that it compromises her principles. She argues state schools fail black lads, which they undoubtedly do, but it doesn't really carry the day for me as a stand-alone argument.

The Cambridge University thing is a bit distasteful though on the the other hand and I can't understand why you keep banging that drum. Begins to appear as though you view an education and working class values as being mutually exclusive, which is a frankly absurd and odious view.

Having said all that I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd proposed that she wasn't black in order to make your point-so I should be thankful for the barest rudiments of a sensible argument at least. :security:

Funny last paragraph btw. :)