The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a call from the Burnham campaign asking who I was voting for. Told them politely fuck off and mind their own business. They're rooting out "undesireables" right up to the end of polling (Sept 10) so even if you've voted they can still discard your card. That's ok for Tories taking the puss but Labour stalwarts like Ken loach and Mark Steele arent getting a vote in the first place. Am beginning to wonder why I'm bothering too.

This lot are amazing:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/21/andy-burnham-campaign-hint-challenge-labour-leadership-vote

Presumably all of the concerns about "infiltrators" will evaporate if Burnham wins. It's only if he loses that they need to be looked into.

Given that all the infiltrators will be voting for Corbyn then that makes perfect sense.

I understand that, but it's just a ready-made bullshit excuse. "Oh I won. Oh everything's fine then, where do I give my victory speech." "I lost? Well clearly dark forces are at work and an immediate investigation is required."

I mean you don't see anything wrong with that.

All looks quite desperate now.

With or without the infiltrators, Corbyn would win this - largely because Labour has totally imploded following the departure of Blair. They have been leaderless ever since.

I understand that, but it's just a ready-made bullshit excuse. "Oh I won. Oh everything's fine then, where do I give my victory speech." "I lost? Well clearly dark forces are at work and an immediate investigation is required."

I mean you don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't think there's any doubt that there are non-Labour supporters signed up to vote for Corbyn for various reasons. If he is elected then they will have won. If Burnham is elected then there isn't really much point in an investigation as they will have failed in what they were trying to do. For Labour though the most important thing is to get over it and unite behind a new leader, any investigation will only exacerbate existing tensions.

The problem with the election system they have is that the electorate doesn't really represent the average voter Labour is hoping to persuade at the next election. It tends to be those who are at either end of the political spectrum who more motivated than the average supporter to sign up for the process. Though the same can be said of the general election.

Guardian hustings all the Labour lot are talking about taking in more refugees and immirgrants...:lol: When will they learn? This plays badly with middle eng and the working class. Do it by all means but on the qt. Amateurs.

Guardian hustings all the Labour lot are talking about taking in more refugees and immirgrants... :lol: When will they learn? This plays badly with middle eng and the working class. Do it by all means but on the qt. Amateurs.

Aye, talk about playing into the hands of the already hostile news outlets

The final live leadership debate starts at 7.00 tonight live on Sky. (From the Sage, Gateshead).

The Best PM of Your Lifetime and fucking Dreamboy were in your neck of the backwoods today,too.

Did you waddle over and have a swoon?