The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

76% turnout, 251,417 votes for JC from 422,664 total votes.

Next nearest candidate, Andy Burnham, got 19%.

With apologies to HF.

This is the thing, an internal coup isn't going to happen now, he would have won the contest even without all of the new members.

76% turnout, 251,417 votes for JC from 422,664 total votes.

Next nearest candidate, Andy Burnham, got 19%.

With apologies to HF.

Haha. No problem.

I didn't even know the numbers till I came on here so I appreciate it.

Wonder how many people like me there are 36 or under that have never voted labour before but would do gladly for the first time in their life.

Mad, after 20 years as a voting age supporter of left wing, liberal policies.

Cabinet members spitting their dummies out and resigning already. Acceptance speech talking about welfare, housing and regugees, it's like citizen Kane is in charge. Biggest political upset In my lifetime I reckon

Have you seen citizen Kane? :D

They'll be worried of a syriza style swing to the left and will have their fourth estate bloodhounds on the loose. Yesterday's Sun had about five pages of Labour Party 'scandals' so they're already doing their bit for the blue cause.

I do, the electorate is very savvy these days about the economy.

As I've said before, I agree with a lot of what he says, but I would only consider voting for him if there were sound costed policies in place to deliver them without shafting the economy.

Simply blustering about 100 odd billion mixing tax revenue won't cut it.

At least he's got a bit of time to work on it.

As I've said before, I agree with a lot of what he says, but I would only consider voting for him if there were sound costed policies in place to deliver them without shafting the economy.

Simply blustering about 100 odd billion mixing tax revenue won't cut it.

At least he's got a bit of time to work on it.

:lol: this kid.

Personally I think this is a disaster for the Labour party and by extension therefore the country. There is literally no chance of Corbyn ever being prime minister, none at all. He's just simply not credible, even without the right wing press, I'd personally struggle to vote for him myself. Unlike Foot, he's not even an intellectual heavy weight and for me is unimpressive in debates.

This is a fucking stupid, insane protest vote that has ensured 10 more years of these Tory cunts at the helm. Don't kid yourselves otherwise and don't kid yourselves all parties are/were the same. It's a disaster for the public services and those that work in them or use them.