The Labour Leadership Campaign

Christmas Tree

The richest 1% in the UK (that's one percent btw ;) ) take home a far greater proportion of all income than they did in the late 70s. It was gradually getting better until that point I think. The UK figure is substantially higher than some other European countries too. It's only inevitable in the sense that that's the way the country has been run since 1979, not in the sense that's the way it must be.

Thank goodness for the new Conservative living wage.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's ok, just that's the way of the world.

But part of the reason that it's like that and is getting worse at an accelerating pace is because people just shrug and go well that's just how it is.

And by the way, the party you vote for are fixated on making sure that it's just the way of the world.

But part of the reason that it's like that and is getting worse at an accelerating pace is because people just shrug and go well that's just how it is.

And by the way, the party you vote for are fixated on making sure that it's just the way of the world.

See above ;)

I made a complaint to the BBC about it, first time in my life. Got a reply today basically saying it was a balanced piece so fuck me

Were you lobbied to do so?

The BBC has refused to disclose the number of complaints it received from viewers following the Jeremy Corbyn Panorama special which aired on Monday evening.

Hundreds of Corbyn's supporters took to social media to express their anger at the programme, which prompted comparisons with Rupert Murdoch-owned Fox News and accusations of a "hatchet job".

Ofcom says it received six complaints questioning the programme's 'due impartiality' but said this is an issue for the BBC and BBC Trust to adjudicate.

However, because some of those expressing their anger did so while publicising the telephone number and postal address of the BBC's complaints department, the corporation has now refused to say exactly how many people have filed objections.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/08/jeremy-corbyn-panorama-special-bbc-refuses-to-disclose-number-of-complaints_n_8103896.html

My objections were there are 4 people in this leadership race and to air a negative documentary about one of them, in the week of the election, from a tax payer funded supposed non partisan organisation is an absolute pisstake

But was it actually negative or is it just another case of a Corbyn fan getting outraged anytime anyone dares criticise him? Given that he is the story of the campaign I don't think it's a surprise that they aired a documentary about him and can't see a problem in that itself.

Hes shared a stage with some fuckin horrors but in a world where the queen shakes the hands of McGuiness and Adams.....point is he's spent his entire life campaigning about racism and human rights. For the media to accuse him of being an anti semite when they know the diametric opposite is true is fuckin abhorrent.

Job done

Smear campaign in the press and TV, remove thousands from voting list, withhold thousands more ballot papers in the hope voting goes to a second round and Burnham wins with the secondary votes

I haven't followed all that stuff too closely, but from what I have heard it does sound like there's been a concerted effort to subvert the democratic process. Which for a political party is an absolute disgrace.

The assurances sought from candidates that they won't mount a legal challenge whatever the result, which was ostensibly to stop the other three if Corbyn won, may well have been more about making sure Corbyn goes quietly after they shaft him out of the win.

Edited by Gemmill

But was it actually negative or is it just another case of a Corbyn fan getting outraged anytime anyone dares criticise him? Given that he is the story of the campaign I don't think it's a surprise that they aired a documentary about him and can't see a problem in that itself.

Surely you've got to question the timing on this one - they could have waited a week until the election was confirmed. This is the BBC playing fast and loose with impartiality.