reformed smokers

Dr Gloom

Just stick to the Bob Hope man :angry:

still baccy in there though isn't there. that was my problem for years. convinced myself i wasn't addicted to smoking if but i was still totally hooked, even though i gave up tabs.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stick to the Bob Hope man :angry:

still baccy in there though isn't there. that was my problem for years. convinced myself i wasn't addicted to smoking if but i was still totally hooked, even though i gave up tabs.

I was taking the piss like, hence the wink. I can smoke them without fancying a tab though. Just lucky I suppose. I've always been able to take or leave tobacco and tabs actually make me feel sick now, i.e. if I have one when I'm pissed, despite still smoking joints. And I can go days without one without wanting a tab. Smoke pipes etc. as well like which obviously doesn't have tobacco in.

Champix is the way forward lads - no cravings whatsoever.

I also read Allen Carr's book which made me see exactly what smoking is - well worth a read.

Does the afterword mention he died of lung cancer twenty years after he packed in? :)

I'm still fuckin smoking, I've got 8 tabs left once theyre gone thats it, no more. They make you look like shit too

Are you still on the old herbal jazz cigarettes though?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I'm still fuckin smoking, I've got 8 tabs left once theyre gone thats it, no more. They make you look like shit too

Are you still on the old herbal jazz cigarettes though?

Nah you can't get them nee more :) mugs. Smoke JPS, hoping I don't need a tab in the morning, two left. That Spice Gold, better than any weed ever, including Amsterdam banned forever now though.

• 2 months later...

On 20 a day at the minute ;) need to stop quite badly. Got a hangover today only had 2 and don't feel like I need another one, might go cold turkey the rest of the week.

They let you out of the stadium for one when you sit in the posh seats so I ended up having a few last night. Not had one outside a matchday in over a year I think.

No time to quit with a derby coming up like.

They let you out of the stadium for one when you sit in the posh seats so I ended up having a few last night. Not had one outside a matchday in over a year I think.

No time to quit with a derby coming up like.

Get the lift down with me, I say I need to get me phone from the car and stand round the back of the Leazes. Even take my pint with me.

I was so hungover yesterday couldn't face one till about 7pm. Today I haven't had one so far, and in total yesterday I only had one and a half. I need to quit now, and I'm gonna go cold turkey today, if I get to Thursday I've won the battle, third time in my life I've done this, it's hard fuckin work it really is but wish me luck.

try not having a drink for a few days to get over the initial cravings. once you go a week or something you get the physical cravings out of your system. then it's the mental cravings. i'm at the stage now where i don't crave one sobre at all but it's still tough not to crack when i'm down the pub and my mates are all off outside for a snout.

try not having a drink for a few days to get over the initial cravings. once you go a week or something you get the physical cravings out of your system. then it's the mental cravings. i'm at the stage now where i don't crave one sobre at all but it's still tough not to crack when i'm down the pub and my mates are all off outside for a snout.

Definitely the hardest bit like, stuck inside on your todd like a fucking plum.

I've done it before pal. Three times. The mental cravings for me end after 3 or 4 days. Right now it's hell, I need a tab but I'm gonna fight like fuck. The best way for me to do it is get utterly shitfaced have the worst hangover ever, which was yesterday, and fight through it from now till Thursday/Friday then I'm home free. I'm literally choking for a tab now, but fuck it. WILL POWER.

There is no such thing as physical cravings, it's all mental. I love it when people try to sound intelligent but end up looking like a nob.

Edited by WDP

It's physically and mentally addictive Stevie. That's what he means. Your body actually misses the nicotine which leads to the withdrawal symptoms. You're correct in that the overcoming of that is all about will power though.

It's physically and mentally addictive Stevie. That's what he means. Your body actually misses the nicotine which leads to the withdrawal symptoms. You're correct in that the overcoming of that is all about will power though.

Your body doesn't miss it though, your brain is telling your body it's missing it, your body doesn't need it.

Your body doesn't miss it though, your brain is telling your body it's missing it, your body doesn't need it.

I know what you're saying, but he's correct. Can't be arsed to argue about tbh Stevie but physical and psychological addiction are two separate issues, recognised by the medical profession. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Well whatever, Dr Gloom is still a tool and this is hard as fuck. I'll be ratty as fuck by tomorrow.

:lol: Good job we won. Good luck with it anyway mate.