Summer Holidays

Jimbo

Then off to Laos

I'm assuming you'll have this planned, but in case no one has mentioned it..

Go 'tubing' in Laos. Basically you climb into a rubber ring at the top of a river and work your way down to the bottom, stopping off at loads of shack type bars on the way down. They pull you in with big hooks on sticks. ;)

Won't find that in many other countries, if any.

Yeah, have heard about that! Certainly going to give it a go, and have a feeling you can do it in Cambodia as well.

Oh yes. Suppose it is. Smug twat

Have been saving up for most of my gap yah to do this, forgive me for being a little smug and excited that my work is going to come to something :wub:

And yeah, the beaches can all look a bit samey, but there is so much more than them - they are just the pictures I chose to use! Places like the Angkor Wat temples in Cambodia or the incredible Ha Long Bay in Vietnam. Fair to say I can't wait!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a summer holiday per se, but we're off to the States late next week (argh!). Four nights in New York then the best part of a week in Nashville for a country music festival. Yee-haw!

Will probably do a last-minute break in Lanzarote or similar later in the year to properly top up the tan.

Not a summer holiday per se, but we're off to the States late next week (argh!). Four nights in New York then the best part of a week in Nashville for a country music festival. Yee-haw!

Will probably do a last-minute break in Lanzarote or similar later in the year to properly top up the tan.

What tan?

What tan?

I'm torn between "The one we get in Nashville, silly" and "Meee-ow! :wub:".

Besides, sunburnt baaldy heeds are all the rage this summer.

What tan?

;):wub:

I'm going to Magaluf (I know, I know!) in September for a week, keeping it cheap as there's a trip to New York on the cards soon.

Flybe fly down there from Newcastle (well, Devon but near enough). I'm the same like. I fancy it too but don't fancy the massive drive or the daft expense you're on about. I've got family in Devon and Cornwall but I haven't been down there since I was a nipper. I can still remember it being beautiful though. And I've already had my summer hols (although I'm off to Mull in September). I can see a weekend in the Dam having to be booked before then like.

The other alternative is Air South West, who fly Newcastle to Newquay, return flights start at £75.

Fuck me the recessions having a real impact on the holiday destinations of TT members. :wub:

A mate is getting married in Cornwall next month so we're off down there for a week in a cottage.

I fancy a break in Cornwall but don't know if I can afford it - seriously. I'm not driving for 10 hours so by the time I have sorted flights, car hire, accomodation and a food for a week it'd be cheaper to go to many other destinations, with much better weather.

You're right like it's going to cost me a fortune. I've been looking at All inclusive deals to the likes of Crete and Egypt, both would be considerably cheaper than the week in cornwall will be.

off to vegas for a stag do via la to see my brother who lives out there.

probably just going to go to the wife's parents' place in mallorca for our summer holiday.

thinking of either australia or india in the winter.

Off to France for a few days next month for a music festival, and thenprobably off to the lake district for a week or so. Nothing too fancy, but can't really be flying off to America or India on a student budget. :wub:

3 weeks in florida 2 weeks tomorrow.

Need to buy an England strip and get some St George's to clip on the hire car the day we play them. :wub:

Edited by Happy Face

Need to buy an England strip and get some St George's to clip on the hire car the day we play them. :wub:

Where in Florida are you going to be? If you are in an area I am familiar with, I can direct you to some places that may be better than the starndard-tourist-trap-"pubs".

I'll be spending most of the summer in Hossegor in Les Landes (Aquitaine), about 50km north of Spanish border.

Jealous...

As.....

Feck...

Enjoy mate.

I'll be having a week in a cottage in the Lakes early September with the new addition ( due to come out the "sun roof " on 11 June).

Bonus- First England game is the day after, Mrs. will still be in hospital- uninterrupted viewing pleasure!

:wub:;)

Identifying the hire car as a Brit on holiday is not the wisest move old bean.

However should you continue with this train of thought why not go the full hog and get some "dumb tourist --- rob me" t.shirts at the same time. ;)

Where in Florida are you going to be? If you are in an area I am familiar with, I can direct you to some places that may be better than the starndard-tourist-trap-"pubs".

We'll be based in Brooksville but driving around the state, so any recommendations accepted.

Guest alex

The notion someone can be against certain actions taken by the government etc. of a country yet still have an interest in visiting the place has you befuddled? Not doing very well at trying to portray yourself as an intellectual heavyweight on here, are you? :wub:

Hoping for a fortnight round Scotland in a motorhome, a week watching the world go by in Weymouth, a few overnight trips to the lakes and ideally a long weekend doing all the touristy stuff in London with the young'un.

All seems a long way off today at the start of a busy bank holiday weekend.

Hoping for a fortnight round Scotland in a motorhome, a week watching the world go by in Weymouth, a few overnight trips to the lakes and ideally a long weekend doing all the touristy stuff in London with the young'un.

Do you own a motorhome CT? There's a place where you can rent them to tour Scotland but unfortunately I'll never persuade Mrs R to slum it in anything less than a 4 star hotel. Must admit, I wouldn't fancy driving it either. But the freedom would be ace.

Do you own a motorhome CT? There's a place where you can rent them to tour Scotland but unfortunately I'll never persuade Mrs R to slum it in anything less than a 4 star hotel. Must admit, I wouldn't fancy driving it either. But the freedom would be ace.

Don't own one but have done this twice before and it is a great holiday. You are right the fredom to pull over wherever you like is excellent and they are very easy to get the hang of after about an hour on the road.

The west coast is my favourite part and you can have a real good meander through Glencoe and up past ullerpool.

While not 4 star, some of the motorhomes are indeed very luxurious inside but it still is a very different holiday to a hotel.

It's nice tho to wake up in the middle of nowhere by some river with animals ambling by and bacon sizzling in the pan.

Likewise, my missus would insist on this..

http://jalopnik.com/5147203/volkner-mobil-...-for-12-million