Summer Holidays

Jimbo

My Holiday is coming to an end before most people's have barely started >_>

Am in my last few days in Vietnam. Spending one last day in Nha Trang (by the sea) and then head to Ho Chi Minh city tonight on the wonder that is a sleeper bus (10 hour journey >_>). Got a few days in Ho Chi Minh before catching a flight back to Kuala Lumpur and then a flight from Kuala Lumpur back to the UK! It has all gone far too quickly..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Renton.

We're already staying at Bamburgh next week.

I've never spent the night on Holy Island and remember you mentioning the fact you had.

A few years ago when I really needed some solitude I rented a small cottage there for a week. Can't remember what it was called now - it cost £400 for the week.

Long way to go for a wank.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrived in Houston yesterday, managed to sleep the whole flight after being awake for nearly 24hrs thanks to working and travelling, its soooooooooooo fucking hot ! Better get used to it, I'm here for 3 weeks.

I'm going home :rolleyes: . Thats my 4 week hitch in Angola (aka the arsehole of africa) done. Nothing beats getting home when the young'uns are off school.

It must be terrible, going to the arsehole of Africa and then back to "Great" Yarmouth.... :D

Proper Yarmouth or one of the sophisticated suburbs like Gorleston or Caister ? :D

There's an unexpected reply :D If you can call any part of Yarmouth sophisticated i'm not sure. But seems you ask, Bradwell.

At least you're not from Cobholm !

I live in Lowestoft by the way, don't judge me...... :D

There's an unexpected reply :D If you can call any part of Yarmouth sophisticated i'm not sure. But seems you ask, Bradwell.

Ah, cobholm. Moved there when i was 13. Moved out at 20. Don't be too quick to judge it, honest!!! Great community spirit, but a bit of a no go for outsiders, must admit. My mates from school (in yarmouth) would never venture over the bridge.

It's ok, i won't judge you, coming from lowestoft is punishment enough.....codhead etc etc :rolleyes: Got some good mates from there & served my apprenticeship down whapload road.

This is a bit surreal on a newcastle website!!

Ah, cobholm. Moved there when i was 13. Moved out at 20. Don't be too quick to judge it, honest!!! Great community spirit, but a bit of a no go for outsiders, must admit. My mates from school (in yarmouth) would never venture over the bridge.

It's ok, i won't judge you, coming from lowestoft is punishment enough.....codhead etc etc :rolleyes: Got some good mates from there & served my apprenticeship down whapload road.

Omg Where down Whapload road ? That's where I served mine too....

I still work there.

Small world huh ?

Omg Where down Whapload road ? That's where I served mine too....

I still work there.

Small world huh ?

LEC Marine. Now called Klyne or something, bought out a few years ago. Down near the lighthouse caff.

I'm guessing you work for Cap'n Birds eye?

I'm going home :D . Thats my 4 week hitch in Angola (aka the arsehole of africa) done. Nothing beats getting home when the young'uns are off school.

Back on topic, Off up to Old trafford on monday for the game. Away tickets sold out, so i'm sitting in (quietly) with the mancs. I'll be with the kids so should be ok.

Off to Chessington also. Anyone been? Any good?

Well aster lots of humming and ha ing??? Me and the cruelty inspector have decided to have a shifty round Europe in the car.

The rough plan is something like

Brugges - Luxembourg - Annecy - Nice or Monaco - Lake Garda - stopover - Paris /Disneyland - Home

Covering about 14 days or so in total.

If anyone has any reccomendations for good stop offs along this route or particulat hotels, feel free to shout out.

Spent yesterday in Bruges and must say it is probably the most beautiful place I've ever visited.

We stayed at a hotel 50 meteres from the main drag called the Botaniek which I would reccomend.

Ate at a restaurant a few minutes walk from the hotel called In 't Nieuw Museum which was superb. Food cooked infront of you on a charcoal grill. All washed down with a few glasses of beer called Grimbergen which was canny nice.

Seriously, if you havent been to Brugge, get yourself over, particularly with a woman, (or fella - pc edit) very romantic. Grab a drink and watch the groups of couples performing very sultry and intricate open air dances in the old fish market.

Well aster lots of humming and ha ing??? Me and the cruelty inspector have decided to have a shifty round Europe in the car.

The rough plan is something like

Brugges - Luxembourg - Annecy - Nice or Monaco - Lake Garda - stopover - Paris /Disneyland - Home

Covering about 14 days or so in total.

If anyone has any reccomendations for good stop offs along this route or particulat hotels, feel free to shout out.

If you're going to Lake Garda then take a stop off in Bergamo, proper little Italian town in the upper Alto with modern shopping area in the Lower.

Stay at the Piazza Vecchia hotel for a proper Italian feel

http://www.hotelpiazzavecchia.it/eng/hotel.htm

If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't. :lol:

Plus it was the setting for In Bruges (surprisingly) and that was shit imho

:) In Bruges was quality, man.