Summer Holidays

Jimbo

I'm short on funds so opted for a holiday at home. Its one of those mystery weekends. I turn up for 3 days to Wacky's shed and I find out the theme when I get there!

No seriously has anyone ever been on a mystery weekend or is it just for old fogies on coach trips? I know you can go on murder mystery fancy dress themed nights, but fancied gettin a group of us together and going to a proper one set up in a hotel in the lakes or north yorks or somethin.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

I've always thought 1) They're for fossils and 2) The destination must be shit or you wouldn't keep it a secret.

Spending a weekend in the Lakes with my girlfriend prob over the 11th-13th june, hope theres a good pub in keswick with the England game on

going to take her up Skiddaw and Helvellyn over that weekend which should be fun, not been up either in 5 years or so

I'm short on funds so opted for a holiday at home. Its one of those mystery weekends. I turn up for 3 days to Wacky's shed and I find out the theme when I get there!

No seriously has anyone ever been on a mystery weekend or is it just for old fogies on coach trips? I know you can go on murder mystery fancy dress themed nights, but fancied gettin a group of us together and going to a proper one set up in a hotel in the lakes or north yorks or somethin.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It's a sailor theme, I just put you in the barrell for three days and use you at will.

going to take her up Skiddaw over that weekend which should be fun, not been up either in 5 years or so

PHNAR PHNAR :icon_lol:

As I typed that I knew that was coming :lol:

going to take her up Skiddaw over that weekend which should be fun, not been up either in 5 years or so

PHNAR PHNAR :icon_lol:

As I typed that I knew that was coming :lol:

You could introduce her to Great End.

Gak gak fnar etc.

We are going to Olu Deniz Turkey for 2 weeks in late July, never been to Turkey before but from what I have read on Tripadvisor it should be great. (hopefully)

My brother is there now- second time for him.

Loves it. The only place he's ever been back to again.

Very good for para-gliding apparantly.

Hoping for a fortnight round Scotland in a motorhome, a week watching the world go by in Weymouth, a few overnight trips to the lakes and ideally a long weekend doing all the touristy stuff in London with the young'un.

All seems a long way off today at the start of a busy bank holiday weekend.

Do you own a motorhome CT? There's a place where you can rent them to tour Scotland but unfortunately I'll never persuade Mrs R to slum it in anything less than a 4 star hotel. Must admit, I wouldn't fancy driving it either. But the freedom would be ace.

Have you got a link Rents? Sounds like something that would be right up my street.

Edited by Jonny2J

Going to florida 2 weeks today for a fortnite,cant wait should be canny. Went 2 years ago . Great food, shopping, weather and theme parks. total no brainer

Oh but there is the yanks to put up with....... :lol:

Hoping for a fortnight round Scotland in a motorhome, a week watching the world go by in Weymouth, a few overnight trips to the lakes and ideally a long weekend doing all the touristy stuff in London with the young'un.

Do you own a motorhome CT? There's a place where you can rent them to tour Scotland but unfortunately I'll never persuade Mrs R to slum it in anything less than a 4 star hotel. Must admit, I wouldn't fancy driving it either. But the freedom would be ace.

Have you got a link Rents? Sounds like something that would be right up my street.

Haven't got any specific recommendations but just google motorhomes Scotland. There was an article about it in Trail magazine a few months ago but I've chucked it since. Let me know if you give it a try.

Guest alex
Going to florida 2 weeks today for a fortnite,cant wait should be canny. Went 2 years ago . Great food, shopping, weather and theme parks. total no brainer

Oh but there is the yanks to put up with....... :lol:

And all the British charvas.

Haven't got any specific recommendations but just google motorhomes Scotland. There was an article about it in Trail magazine a few months ago but I've chucked it since. Let me know if you give it a try.

Loads to hire on Ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkparms=65...sop=7&_sc=1

Flying out to Malaysia tomorrow evening. There for about 9 days before heading over to Cambodia. All packed and ready to go - can't wait!

Got a Villa booked in Cyprus, go there with wifey and daughters in just under three weeks, stayed just down the road last year and it was canny enough.

I've grafted my arse off since Christmas and can't wait for two weeks away from work.

And the World cup's on as well! *

Fucking magic. :angry:

*i'm even prepared to put up with cockneys talking shite on the days England play, that's how much I'm looking forward to it.

I'm off to Cornwall on Sat for a week. Not exactly super glam, but will hopefully be alright. Leaving early doors to make sure we get there in time for the England match and staying in a cottage. Looking forward to it.

As mentioned, me and wor lass are looking at booking up for next yeare.

Thinking of somewhere like Cuba, Mexico etc. However I really don't know where to start, does anyone have any decent sites to look at etc?