Thread on the other board

Gemmill

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...der=asc&start=0

Thought I'd post this over here rather than over there. Craig, honestly mate, you're making yourself look fucking daft with this constant sniping. I've sat and read through that thread this morning and it doesn't read like "drunken banter", it reads like bitter sniping hidden behind winking smilies. And IMO it does this board and those that have chosen to post on it no favours whatsoever.

Why not just leave HTT to run his board and you run yours? I haven't seen him on here having a dig at you and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if he did.

I have to say that I agree with Gemmill (and you know that doesn't happen very often). I think you and Gol aren't doing the cause any good. To other it looks childish and I have to say it is becoming increasingly boring and even annoying.

Edited by Isegrim

I've just read it too and Ive got to agree you dont come out of that looking good Craig.

Unless theres a lot more thats gone on than we know about I dont get where it all comes from. I can understand HTT and Phil being pissed off on their side about a few things.

I think things have just gotten out of control here a touch. We need to get a grip of this and move on. Theres been some petty sniping and name calling from both sides (myself included) and it really isnt good for either board. A lot of the things that have been said and done on N-Os side has been done out of privvy of the general board population and therefore makes it harder to defend ourselves without looking sneaky etc.

To clear this up once and for all, HTT has made a number of 'snide' remarks to the new Mod team in the guise of a "pep talk" which were all aimed at us here. Statements which appeared to blame the ex Mods for most of the problems the board had encountered, saying we werent upto the job and didnt have the bottle when it came to sorting things. So far, I've managed to keep me tongue, although Im not sure how considering a fair chunk of it was aimed squarely at me. It would be nice to see a clear the air post somewhere which would once and for all make everyone aware of all thats gone on however without it, all we have are two totally different versions of events.

What does appear to everyone else though is that we keep going over there, hijacking threads and generally causing bother which doesnt do our cause any good. We have good reasons for it and so far, it has been kept to getting involved in petty squabbles in somebody elses thread and in our defence technically we havent gone off topic or broken any rules.

I for one, would like to apologise on behalf of all of us here for getting involved in this, Im fairly sure that in all cases its started out as a bit of banter and just ended up going a bit too far. Maybe one day though HTT will post one of his nice big ramblings where he tells all about what went on and lets everyone of the posters he cares so much about know the real reasons why we ended up on this here board.

Guest StevieH84

I agree on what Gemmill says,and on top of that its going way

over the top now,and i feel embarassed for all concerned as its

showing yous all up.

I think things have just gotten out of control here a touch. We need to get a grip of this and move on. Theres been some petty sniping and name calling from both sides (myself included) and it really isnt good for either board. A lot of the things that have been said and done on N-Os side has been done out of privvy of the general board population and therefore makes it harder to defend ourselves without looking sneaky etc.

Where is the petty sniping from our side?

To clear this up once and for all, HTT has made a number of 'snide' remarks to the new Mod team in the guise of a "pep talk" which were all aimed at us here. Statements which appeared to blame the ex Mods for most of the problems the board had encountered, saying we werent upto the job and didnt have the bottle when it came to sorting things. So far, I've managed to keep me tongue, although Im not sure how considering a fair chunk of it was aimed squarely at me. It would be nice to see a clear the air post somewhere which would once and for all make everyone aware of all thats gone on however without it, all we have are two totally different versions of events.

Firstly how did you have access to what is a private area of the forum? Yes I did say those things but they were not petty or snide, they are true. I have a ton of PMs from a few people now giving us conflicting reports but have we always backed our mods? Have we ever said anything out of turn towards mods? And you are talking complete shite saying I have said you's weren't up to the job. That is a complete and utter lie. And it was aimed at no-one in general, unlike some I say what I think. If I had a problem with you, which I didn't but now do, I'd tell you.

Now, I need to know how you's have gained access the Admin section of the forum? At the minute I'm suspecting that you's have logged in as other mods because you's know their passwords. If that is the case then this is serious, very fucking serious. I have had to change my password as a precaution and will have to get others to change theirs. This is not on.

I for one, would like to apologise on behalf of all of us here for getting involved in this, Im fairly sure that in all cases its started out as a bit of banter and just ended up going a bit too far. Maybe one day though HTT will post one of his nice big ramblings where he tells all about what went on and lets everyone of the posters he cares so much about know the real reasons why we ended up on this here board.

Now the truth is coming out, so you's set up this board not for the "craic" or "oldskool" feel but because of me or the way we ran things? Well you've confirmed everything to me. Why have you been saying we wanted to recreatre the old Toon-Chat feel then? You're a liar, a snide and a hypocrite. I may be many things but I've been open and honest from day one. If I have my thoughts I take it to PM or say things out of view of the public forum.

You's have went about this in a shady way. You've blatently spammed our board with your sigs, took snide digs at our board on that and on here, you's are reading into nothing things, you've targeted our forum members and now you have gained access to our admin area illegally or certainly without permission. You's have fed us the line "we want Toon-Chat back" from day one yet you have stated quite clearly in the above quotes exactly why you left. Now why on earth couldn't you just have said this from day one? I'm damned sure we wouldn't have had any of the crap that's followed.

I've lost all respect I had for you and Craig. Please stay away from our board the pair of you because I feel you's two are more trouble than you're worth.

I can't be arsed having to defend ourselves and dealing with this crap over and over again or you's misreading every little thing and going on like spwaned lovers or something.

well for fear of turning this into another wankfest....

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

Go back over all my posts and see where I've been snide and worked it... yes, I took part in what was a little bit of a laugh that got out of hand but nowhere did I piss about on the forum or slag you off.

And nowhere have I, or anyone else I know of illegally accessed your Admin board, using another Mods password would after all be a total misuse of both the board and the other mod something which I take great offence in being accused of, after all who says we read it directly?

But if you want to be totally honest then how about moving the thread that caused the final decision from Admin to General Chat?

We set up the board for the "craic" as we said we did, however the decision to do it was based on what had gone on at N-O previously, something that we've always maintained.

Fecking hell, and to think this thread was started to try and put an end to this pathetic cross-board bickering.

5222[/snapback]

Yup, its all your fault! :D (note use of obligatory winking smilie which makes the world a better place)

Actually HTT, I think that Jimbo's name stayed on the Admin Board list for a bit longer than the others. Not accusing him like but it might not have been anything malicious, just someone logging in.

Actually HTT, I think that Jimbo's name stayed on the Admin Board list for a bit longer than the others. Not accusing him like but it might not have been anything malicious, just someone logging in.

5232[/snapback]

Just had a brainwave, don't forget that Mr Forum Complaints has always had access to the Admin board :D

Is this board an off shot of Newcastle online that consists of members that have had a falling out or been banned?

5246[/snapback]

Noop

Jesus lads can we keep thread like these to pm? Most of us don't really give a shit either way, you're all becoming as bad as each other.

I joined this forum as I had grown tired of all the locked threads, invasions and general crap being posted on N-O, seeing as it was meant to be the old toontastic brought back, but now it's looking like it'll turn into N-O with bloody petty squabbling and long posts. :D

Argh someone delete this thread :blush::D;)

Is this board an off shot of Newcastle online that consists of members that have had a falling out or been banned?

5246[/snapback]

Noop

Jesus lads can we keep thread like these to pm? Most of us don't really give a shit either way, you're all becoming as bad as each other.

I joined this forum as I had grown tired of all the locked threads, invasions and general crap being posted on N-O, seeing as it was meant to be the old toontastic brought back, but now it's looking like it'll turn into N-O with bloody petty squabbling and long posts. :D

Argh someone delete this thread :blush::D;)

5262[/snapback]

Are you craxy? It's the most entertaining thread on here. Coronation Street are thinking of buying the rights to the story - Norris and Fred have a falling out over admin rights - "he want's bannin', I say he wants bannin!"

Growing Roses in Vermont

By Dr. Leonard Perry, Extension Professor

University of Vermont

The rose, one of the most elegant of all flowers, is often called the "queen of the flowers." It is a title richly deserved, both for its long reign as a cultivated plant and for its beauty, versatility in the landscape, and ability to survive...with just a little pampering.

Roses also owe their continued popularity in part to royalty. The French Empress Josephine made roses fashionable for everyone in the 19th century by planting a beautiful palace rose garden of all the varieties available at the time.

Roses do best in full sun and well-drained, slightly acidic (6 to 6.5 pH) soil. The key is to keep them well watered and in well-drained soil as they don't like waterlogged soils. This is essential for healthy growth. However, once planted, they will survive, and continue to thrive, in the same bed, providing you add fertilizer on a regular basis. The latter is especially critical to the health of the plants.

Adding organic matter to the soil is always beneficial, but in the case of roses it may not be enough. Unless the soil is very fertile, you will need to add rose fertilizer (check your local garden center for this product) per directions on the label. You also may combine organic products such as seaweed or fish emulsion with a controlled release fertilizer (usually non-organic). Hybrid tea roses usually require higher soil fertility than shrub types.

Although early spring is generally the best time to plant roses in cold climates, roses may be successfully planted in late summer or early autumn as long as they are protected over winter. Do not plant roses after the first few weeks of fall as there won't be enough time for most to get rooted.

Spring, not fall, is the time to plant bare-root roses, just as or before buds are beginning to break. Spring is, in fact, the only time you usually can get them either through mail order from specialty rose catalogs or on-line ordering on the Internet.

For best results, choose hardy varieties. "Modern" hybrids (those developed after 1867) generally aren't hardy except in warm microclimates in Vermont, but ask your local garden center experts what they would recommend for your location.

In research trials at the University of Vermont Research Center in S. Burlington (U.S. Department of Agriculture hardiness zone 4b), conducted over a three-year period (1998-2000), I took a look at several types of shrub roses. This class of roses is generally more hardy than most hybrid teas, floribundas, grandifloras, miniature, and climbing roses, and thus, more practical for Vermont.

The period of my study included both wet weather and a drought (summer 1999). For a complete listing of cultivars tested and their ratings, visit <http://pss.uvm.edu/ppp/rosedata.htm>

To plant roses, dig as large a hole as possible, but at least two times as wide and across as the roots. Amend the backfill with up to half compost, peat moss, or similar organic matter. Add a tablespoon or two of phosphorus depending on the size of the hole at planting. Set the plant in the hole and spread out the roots evenly. Make sure the bud graft (the lower, swollen area on most roses) is covered with at least two inches of soil.

If planting bare root, mound the soil over most of the canes to help prevent buds and canes from drying out and suckers from forming below the bud graft. Staking is generally not needed, but climbing types will need to be trained to travel up a wall or trellis.

To encourage vigor, roses need to be pruned, but wait until spring as pruning in fall may cause dieback or allow diseases to enter wounds with slow, or no, healing of the wounds. Diseased or dead wood should be removed, however. Adding fresh horse manure at this time is a good way to add nutrients to the soil, but the main purpose in fall is to mound over canes to protect overwinter. Mice won't live in this!

Fall-planted roses will need winter protection their first year, as do less hardy varieties every year. Use rose cones, mounding one foot or more of mulch, such as straw, around the base if rodents aren't a problem. Otherwise, use soil. Apply late in the season, usually around hanksgiving. Climbing roses, if not hardy, will need to be removed from the supports and laid on the ground and covered as recommended above. Mulches should be removed in the spring as soon as the snow has melted.

Source: UVM Extension

Right, end of the matter...

HTT, don't worry I shalln't be posting over there again, a true picture of you has been formed in my head of what you really thought of us. Last night I had a few too many and spoke my mind - admittedly it's done no-one any good and yes, I now regret it.

You're a clever boy Ally..... :D

No will someone pass the paracetemols, my head is fucking thumping! :blush:

Animal Farm anyone?  :D

5151[/snapback]

I'd draw the curtains if you are going to watch movies like that Brock, if I were you !