DVD writing

Jusoda Kid

Got some non-copyright DVD's i want to copy but have ran into a few problems. Baring in mind I'm using a mac and Toast titanium. Usually i would just put the disc in, toast reads it then asks me to put a blank disc in then copies it, only this time it started writing then i got some error message 'illegal something or other and a code'.

Whats going on? It's nowt dodgy either before the shite starts.

I've had problems copying DVDs with a mac an'all and I've always just copied the disk image onto my hard drive, and then just gone through a normal DVD writing process.  Can you not do that?

60979[/snapback]

Sounds complicated. I've got Popcorn 1.0 now so I'll give that a blast although after a little bit of research that 'fast dvd copy' seems to be the package to have.

Well the DVDs are copyrighted so you need a program to get through that. I use AnyDVD. Stick your DVD in, open the AnyDVD program, click ok, then run it through your burning program as usual. You may have to do a bit searching fot it though because someone put it on my laptop for me.

It starts writing them then I'm getting the message error 'buffer underun'???????????????

Someone help me, pleeeaaassse :lol:

60945[/snapback]

That error means the buffer on the dvd writer empties before your computer can refill it, so the disk cant write anything to it (as it can only write from the buffer).

Try writing at a lower speed or closing down other applications while writing the dvd.

Cheers for the help lads. I was using toast at first but I've now got my hands on a copy of Popcorn which seems to be doing the trick beautifully and appropriately named as well :lol:

61231[/snapback]

I've used DVDshrink -- download it .....

There are instructions on the site, so far I've copied a few films but it gets more complicated if the film you want to copy needs cutting and editing if it is larger than the space on your disk. I haven't came across that problem yet, but it does work

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Edited by LeazesMag

GUIDE TO USING DVD SHRINK

First click on open disc this first scans the disc, you then need to click on either back up or reauthor this gives you the option of cutting out any bits you dont want such as trailers extras subtitle menus, oh and that security warning that nobody ever takes any notice of. It then copies the disc to your hard drive.

When you first set up dvd shrink there shuld be menu pages for you to click on options. THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE IS WHICH PROGRAME YOU WISH TO USE TO ACTUALLY BURN THE DISC ON TO A BLANK for this i use dvd decrypter which when installed should come up automatically when the reading part ( which can take up to 3 hours} has finished.

Now at this stage if you keep getting error cant open programme dont worry keep clicking cancel and it should open after a few tries.

You then click on mode then write and you should be away.

An important thing to remember is that the disc stays on your hard drive after it has copied untill you delete it a handy thing if you want to make more than 1 copy.

So you need to open your hard disc drive usually C and you should see the disc split into 4 or 5 chunks of 1MB click on those then delete or you will soon have no memory left.

Hope this Helps

Incidentally dvd shrink is for if your disc is over 2 hours if its less you can do the whole process with decrypter which is quicker.

Dvd decrypter is avalialable as a free download off the net type it in your search engine and it should come up.

:lol:

Edited by pertoon

• 1 month later...