Your Nintendo-Wifi details.

menace13

Mario Kart for the DS, it's online.

As you don't get to go onto like a main lobby, you have to ask for friends code to re-arrange a race.

60975[/snapback]

BlueStar was up for a race over on N-O, don't know if you've spotted that.

I'd say most of its games are just good fking games, which ones are purely gimmicks? the fun ones? Its wiping the floor with the PSP when it comes to the games.

Interested to know what a non gimmick based game is cos you've pretty much covered everything there by saying handhelds in general.

Aha a thread for cocks that fucked up buying a Nintendo instead of a Sony PSP, cool !  :lol:

61124[/snapback]

you want to make another one Jimbo for the fools who Sony duped into buying a repackaged PS2 when they already have one...mines been basically used as a movie player since June

Edited by luckypierre

Aha a thread for cocks that fucked up buying a Nintendo instead of a Sony PSP, cool !  :lol:

61124[/snapback]

you want to make another one Jimbo for the fools who Sony duped into buying a repackaged PS2 when they already have one...mines been basically used as a movie player since June

61128[/snapback]

OK, so instead of my PSP I should have invested in a portable tv, a diesel generator and and a sack-barrow to cart around my "portable" PS2 ?

61124[/snapback]

61128[/snapback]

OK, so instead of my PSP I should have invested in a portable tv, a diesel generator and and a sack-barrow to cart around my "portable" PS2 ?

61130[/snapback]

Your portable PSP that you no doubt play 90% of the time 6 foot away from your PS2 as its virtually impossible to play in any kind of sunlight as its made out of the most reflectivre surface known to man

when it comes down to it if I want to play Pro Evo, Burnout , GTA I'll play them on my big screen where they're infinitely more playable and enjoyable. PSP is a nice bit of tech but a poor handheld. The DS is well and truly putting it to shame at the minute.

Edited by luckypierre

61124[/snapback]

61128[/snapback]

61130[/snapback]

Your portable PSP that you no doubt play 90% of the time 6 foot away from your PS2 as its virtually impossible to play in any kind of sunlight as its made out of the most reflectivre surface known to man

61131[/snapback]

Sunlight ? what the fucks that ?? :lol:

I'd say most of its games are just good fking games, which ones are purely gimmicks? the fun ones?  Its wiping the floor with the PSP when it comes to the games. 

Interested to know what a non gimmick based game is cos you've pretty much covered everything there by saying handhelds in general.

61127[/snapback]

You don't need two screens for a game to be good. There's your gimmick.

I'd say most of its games are just good fking games, which ones are purely gimmicks? the fun ones?  Its wiping the floor with the PSP when it comes to the games. 

61127[/snapback]

61138[/snapback]

no you dont , but no one ever said that. Just because you do doesnt mean it isnt either. A lot of the games do you use the two screens effectively and its not a case of shoehorning some map or menu function into the second screen. But then its not just about two screens , more importantly its the touch screen too. A lot of the games just wouldnt work on one screen because of that. It all adds up to some unique games that you just cant play on any other platform. Its one of my favourite consoles since the SNES (bit before your time probably) and for the past few months has been knocking out class title after class title.

Edited by luckypierre

61127[/snapback]

61138[/snapback]

no you dont , but no one ever said that. Just because you do doesnt mean it isnt either. A lot of the games do you use the two screens effectively and its not a case of shoehorning some map or menu function into the second screen. But then its not just about two screens , more importantly its the touch screen too. A lot of the games just wouldnt work on one screen because of that. It all adds up to some unique games that you just cant play on any other platform. Its one of my favourite consoles since the SNES (bit before your time probably) and for the past few months has been knocking out class title after class title.

61142[/snapback]

In your opinion.

what is? That it puts its feautures to good use and is knocking out some great original games? Thats fact mate the games are there

its such a lazy response to just say its a gimmick. Thats based on some misconception about the hardware. Like any console it comes down to the games. I'd put a fair bit of money on tha fact that anyone who dismisses it as such hasnt actually played much on one if at all. Played Yoshis story, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Castlevania, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Advance Wars DS, Another Code, Ace Wright, Sonic Rush? Meteos for instance wouldnt be half as playable if at all without the touch screen control

Its got possibly the best version of Mario Kart and its online too. Reason in itself to own it

The parts which are my opinion are at least informed.

Edited by luckypierre

DS as good as the SNES? :lol: Before my time? :lol: The SNES was an absolutely brilliant console and I still dig it out now and again for a session of Zelda or Mario Allstars. ;)

I was playing polarium and wario ware on a mate's DS during a car ride but wasn't particularly moved so that I had to rush out and get one.

And if I'm being honest i'm not the sort of person who buys a console just for the one game since I don't have that sort of money available when I need it for other, more important things. ;)

It's not a lazy response to say it's a gimmick because it is a gimmick. Wi-fi is hardly an innovation as it had been originally used before the DS was released, and most games don't make much use of the stylus or extra screen, some not at all.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Nintendo fan but just because the DS houses the odd class game (which you'd come to expect from Nintendo) doesn't make me want to buy it when I'm perfectly happy with my Gamecube (Fire Emblem is coming out ;) ).

DS as good as the SNES?  :lol: Before my time?  :lol: The SNES was an absolutely brilliant console and I still dig it out now and again for a session of Zelda or Mario Allstars.  ;)

I was playing polarium and wario ware on a mate's DS during a car ride but wasn't particularly moved so that I had to rush out and get one.

And if I'm being honest i'm not the sort of person who buys a console just for the one game since I don't have that sort of money available when I need it for other, more important things.  ;)

It's not a lazy response to say it's a gimmick because it is a gimmick. Wi-fi is hardly an innovation as it had been originally used before the DS was released, and most games don't make much use of the stylus or extra screen, some not at all.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Nintendo fan but just because the DS houses the odd class game (which you'd come to expect from Nintendo) doesn't make me want to buy it when I'm perfectly happy with my Gamecube (Fire Emblem is coming out  ;) ).

61186[/snapback]

I thought you were about 16 ?? Which would have meant you were 2 or 3 when it was released? Fair play

Polarium and Warioware came out on launch. Like any console there was a bit of a dry spell but its really come into its own in the past few months. Some games use the extra functions subtley some dont and like I said some just arent possible without the two screens and touch control. Advance Wars for instance doesnt use any of the features in a revolutionary way but with the touch control it just adds to the game. Sure all the features have been done before but they've been wrapped up in one machine together, expanding on the norm , adding extra possibilities should be applauded not dismissed. If that attitude prevailed then we'd be stuck playing Pong with paddles. D-pad? huh its a gimmick,. Why do you need more than one button?

It is a lazy response to say its a gimmick. The fact that it has these different aspects and has some great games that make use of it mean it isnt, How many great games does it need before it loses the gimmick tag?. You should really check out the more recent releases and peoples impressions of them, something like Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is fantastic game in its own right but I couldnt see it being on any other console . Happy with the cube? Well thats the point, it offers you something that you cant get on the cube , a different experience, a differnet type of game and one thats actually well suited to handheld gaming. Even those games that dont particualrly use any of the functions in any major way are still cracking games. Its a console that has arguably the best versions of MarioKart, Sonic and Bomberman. Again online Mario Kart, I cant think of anyone who would think this is a bad thing and its something I've been waiting years for

Would you be happy with the cube if you based your opinion on two of the launch titles? As great as Monkey Ball is it wouldnt sell a console to me.

DS as good as the SNES? No not even close but I've been waiting a long time for NCL to get back to those halcyon days and they've finally produced a machine which looks like it may do it. As good as some games on the 64 and GCN are they were few and far between and almost always NCL(includind 2nd parties like Rare) games, the DS is getting a level of 3rd party support like an NCL machine hasnt seen since the SNES

Ive had Fire Emblem for a month now, you wont be disappointed

You've talked me into getting a DS LuckyPierre, thanks (should ask Nintendo for a reward :lol:). I bought the original Gameboy, snd the the original Gameboy Advance, which put me off a bit because it is literally almost impossible to see the screen. The PSP doesn't apeal to me at all, I just don't see the point. However, the DS at less than £100 seems worth a punt.

I'm probably going to get the Mario game, as I missed it on the N64 (couldn't afford that console at the time, but had a NES, SNES and now a game cube which incidentally I think is poor). What else is worth getting?