Leazes Mag / AshleysSkidMark Love In

LeazesMag

Has already signed for Arsenal according to an ITK in my work. He's normally pretty good.

Honest to god we could've got this type of player 6 years ago you know. Souness the anti christ.

We actually bought quite a lot of players of that calibre. You must have been asleep.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has already signed for Arsenal according to an ITK in my work. He's normally pretty good.

Honest to god we could've got this type of player 6 years ago you know. Souness the anti christ.

We actually bought quite a lot of players of that calibre. You must have been asleep.

idiot isn't presumably going to pursue this............. ;)

I can only think of Owen, who else?

I think all he meant was that we DID used to buy players of that quality and that back then it was conceivable to do so.

idiot isn't presumably going to pursue this............. :icon_lol:

Could it be that after dozens of threads ruined by you time and again that people just can't be arsed anymore ;)

Well in recent history skill wise and for all round footballing ability I'd say Bellamy and Robert...both different sorts of players to Cole but definetly in the same bracket ability wise...without them we'd have stayed a bog standard mid table team under Robson. They were the difference between 14th and 4th if you ask me.

EDIT: oh and we signed Titus that year as well ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Could it be that after dozens of threads ruined by you time and again that people just can't be arsed anymore ;)

this thread has not been started by me. If you want to correct him instead, feel free.

Well in recent history skill wise and for all round footballing ability I'd say Bellamy and Robert...both different sorts of players to Cole but definetly in the same bracket ability wise...without them we'd have stayed a bog standard mid table team under Robson. They were the difference between 14th and 4th if you ask me.

EDIT: oh and we signed Titus that year as well ;)

indeed. Add James Milner and Scott Parker, both of whom have only just last week shared the same England bench........for starters.

Why do people spout crap like this so often :D

Leazes... when you mention the fact that we used to sign players like this... could it be argued that Damien Duff was one of those players? Exactly the same, a Chelsea winger leaving them because he is declining. Were you happy signing declining players on inflated wages at great expense to the clubs financial health?

Leazes... when you mention the fact that we used to sign players like this... could it be argued that Damien Duff was one of those players? Exactly the same, a Chelsea winger leaving them because he is declining. Were you happy signing declining players on inflated wages at great expense to the clubs financial health?

;) Psssst don't get the boring shite started...

Edited by The Fish

you mean like Kieron Dyer, Laurent Robert, Craig Bellamy, James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Obafemi Martins, Scott Parker for starters.......remind yourself too that the specific player you mention, Damien Duff, left us for Fulham, yes Fulham, and has just played in a european Final while we have played in the 2nd division.

Your "opinion" is trounced by facts mate.

Stevie's original point was that we haven't signed any player of Cole's calibre since Souness, and he's not wrong.

Fair enough. Yes he is right if that is the case.

Stevie's original point was that we haven't signed any player of Cole's calibre since Souness, and he's not wrong.

Backpedalling much now you know who it is? ;)

Backpedalling much now you know who it is? ;)

ah, the board smart lad has arrived.

No, I'm admitting I may have read it the wrong way. I don't always agree with Stevie, he does have a lot more sense than you as it happens. My reply to Ashleysskidmarks stands though.

Thanks, I take any insult from a belligerent old bellend such as yourself a compliment tbh.

spouting your usual incorrect rubbish again

;)

PS.....see your comment below your avatar, are you one of those obsessed by so called "racist" comments or something :icon_lol:

you mean like Kieron Dyer, Laurent Robert, Craig Bellamy, James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia, Obafemi Martins, Scott Parker for starters.......remind yourself too that the specific player you mention, Damien Duff, left us for Fulham, yes Fulham, and has just played in a european Final while we have played in the 2nd division.

Boro got to that same European final :angry:

Martins? The wages such an average player were earning were laughable. Scott Parker? You mean the player that got sold to accommodate Alan Smith by a man appointed by Shepherd? Dyer, paid thousands for 2 games a season? The other players you mentioned were signed by Bobby Robson, the only manager appointed whilst Shepherd was chairman that enjoyed any kind of success. Why talk about a small number of success stories that were clearly an expection to the rule?

Not fit to lace Cole's boots.

Backpedalling much now you know who it is? :angry:

<_<

Not fit to lace Cole's boots.

trophy signings :angry: