Leazes Mag / AshleysSkidMark Love In

LeazesMag

Anyway, to get back on track, Pompey, for all they won the FA Cup aren't the biggest of clubs anyway, so they should be grateful they got their big day that they will never forget. They can think about it when they are back in the 2nd division, but what a memory.

:icon_lol:

Indeed. Surely 'back on track' would be talking about Joe Cole? :lol:

no, trying to divert Ashleysskidmarks from his absurd attacks on the old board, as he clearly hasn't got a clue what they did for the club.

Fleeced money from it and left it in shit loads of debt?

Why did the Shepherd sell up Leazes? Surely no cash sum would make you want to leave the club you love and support?

eer.........because the Halls had already sold out and Ashley had control already :rolleyes:

You've got a strange grudge against Shepherd son. See your GP. How old are you ?

I think you'll find he wasn't obliged to sell. He did hold out for an extra penny per share iirc

So what?

He said if he wasn't ill he would have put up a fight. Surely a multi-millionaire could have had a legal team do that for him?

Maybe that's him putting a rose-tinted view on it. Maybe he did want to fight the takeover. He couldn't really do much once the Halls had sold out anyway. I don't think he wanted to sell though. He loved the limelight for a start.

Either that or he realised that we were dropping like a stone, that we'd just broke our transfer record and not even finished in the top half of the table, that we had a champions league wage bill and a relegation scrapping team and that his strategy of not putting a penny into the club and spending future income hadn't paid off.

I'm not denying we were in decline and that he'd taken a gamble didn't pay off and was irresponsible. I just don't think he wanted out. I don't think we'd have got relegated under him either.

Maybe not, but the shit hit the fan in the relegation season when Keegan left because of not having control of transfers. That's when the tailspin started. Ashley got crucified for this, but at the end of the day, he had appointed what he thought was a football man to make the signings. Shepherd, when he was here, was picking players himself. I'm far from a Mike Ashley fan, but he isn't bad enough to convince me that Shepherd was anything other than an idiot.

He's shown himself to be far less adept at running the club though.

He took on a more difficult task imo

I disgagree. Unless you take the arbitrary stance of Shepherd having nowt to do with the decision making before he was chairman and the Halls having nowt to do with it after. Are you going to counter my other points btw? I.e. about the timescales I mentioned and how you think they can still allow the excuse you make of the previous board spending all the money?

I don't understand your point alex, so I'm powerless to counter it. Are you suggesting that there was money after they left?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this kid Thompers btw?

If it turns out it is, his account will be deleted and I don't give a fuck who cares.

I'm not thompers :icon_lol: Fuuuuucking hell.

Interesting that he'd know who Thompers is, given the Thoimpers id hasbn't been here for 2 years.

You think?

If it turns out it is, his account will be deleted and I don't give a fuck who cares.

Interesting that he'd know who Thompers is, given the Thoimpers id hasbn't been here for 2 years.

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :lol: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens :rolleyes:

Guest The Three Lions

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :lol: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking directly to you minion, I was talking about you as the third party which is the best way to talk about cheeky younguns.

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :lol: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens :razz:

thompers isn't listed as a member on here :rolleyes:

Anyway, to get back on track, Pompey, for all they won the FA Cup aren't the biggest of clubs anyway, so they should be grateful they got their big day that they will never forget. They can think about it when they are back in the 2nd division, but what a memory.

no, trying to divert Ashleysskidmarks from his absurd attacks on the old board, as he clearly hasn't got a clue what they did for the club.

Why did the Shepherd sell up Leazes? Surely no cash sum would make you want to leave the club you love and support?

eer.........because the Halls had already sold out and Ashley had control already :razz:

You've got a strange grudge against Shepherd son. See your GP. How old are you ?

I think you'll find he wasn't obliged to sell. He did hold out for an extra penny per share iirc

So what?

He said if he wasn't ill he would have put up a fight. Surely a multi-millionaire could have had a legal team do that for him?

Maybe that's him putting a rose-tinted view on it. Maybe he did want to fight the takeover. He couldn't really do much once the Halls had sold out anyway. I don't think he wanted to sell though. He loved the limelight for a start.

Either that or he realised that we were dropping like a stone, that we'd just broke our transfer record and not even finished in the top half of the table, that we had a champions league wage bill and a relegation scrapping team and that his strategy of not putting a penny into the club and spending future income hadn't paid off.

I'm not denying we were in decline and that he'd taken a gamble didn't pay off and was irresponsible. I just don't think he wanted out. I don't think we'd have got relegated under him either.

Maybe not, but the shit hit the fan in the relegation season when Keegan left because of not having control of transfers. That's when the tailspin started. Ashley got crucified for this, but at the end of the day, he had appointed what he thought was a football man to make the signings. Shepherd, when he was here, was picking players himself. I'm far from a Mike Ashley fan, but he isn't bad enough to convince me that Shepherd was anything other than an idiot.

I disgagree. Unless you take the arbitrary stance of Shepherd having nowt to do with the decision making before he was chairman and the Halls having nowt to do with it after. Are you going to counter my other points btw? I.e. about the timescales I mentioned and how you think they can still allow the excuse you make of the previous board spending all the money?

I don't understand your point alex, so I'm powerless to counter it. Are you suggesting that there was money after they left?

You made the point about the previous regime spending future income. I pointed out that was 5 years ago and Ashley has had 3 years in charge now. I don't think I can simplify any further :rolleyes:

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :lol: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens :razz:

And?

And?

so where did you go "digging" :razz:

Incidentally, I think HF has shown that if you add what the club effectively owes Ashley (i.e. what he'd want back if / when he sells) plus what we owe the bank. The debt's bigger than it was when he took over. Substantially bigger iirc.

eer.........because the Halls had already sold out and Ashley had control already :razz:

So what?

You made the point about the previous regime spending future income. I pointed out that was 5 years ago and Ashley has had 3 years in charge now. I don't think I can simplify any further :rolleyes:

...Ok, I still don't get your point alex. If you are referring to just the Owen deal, I think that the financial mess that was left ran much deeper than that.

And?

On the search feature.

Neither's 'Stevie'. Your point is?

...Ok, I still don't get your point alex. If you are referring to just the Owen deal, I think that the financial mess that was left ran much deeper than that.

I was referring to that specific point, yes. Isn't that what you were on about when you mentioned spending future revenues or whatever? Because that's the only example I can think of. Incidentally, that deal is now finished isn't it? So it would've been spent now anyway. If you've got any other specific points, I'll give my opinion on them. Rather than a 'all the money's gone' type comment. As that's a bit nebulous. I wonder where all the money Keegan was told he'd have to spend has gone btw. The same money Ashley told the fans would be available in his open letter. I fail to see how you can put that one on anyone else given he'd had 12 months to check the books out by then.

And?

On the search feature.

so why do you say that you went looking for him if you already know who he is and he isn't you :rolleyes:

I was referring to that specific point, yes. Isn't that what you were on about when you mentioned spending future revenues or whatever? Because that's the only example I can think of. Incidentally, that deal is now finished isn't it? So it would've been spent now anyway. If you've got any other specific points, I'll give my opinion on them. Rather than a 'all the money's gone' type comment. As that's a bit nebulous. I wonder where all the money Keegan was told he'd have to spend has gone btw. The same money Ashley told the fans would be available in his open letter. I fail to see how you can put that one on anyone else given he'd had 12 months to check the books out by then.

I always got the impression that that was money that Ashley was willing to invest, before the big fall out. I think the reason he isn't spending now is because the club has no money and he isn't willing to put the money up, whereas before, he was.

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :rolleyes: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens <_<

thompers isn't listed as a member on here :razz:

And?

so where did you go "digging" :rolleyes:

On the search feature.

so why do you say that you went looking for him if you already know who he is and he isn't you :razz:

Leazes, you really are losing it. I didn't say I knew who it was. Unbelievable, how do you folks not lose your rag with this bloke :lol:

indeed. There was also no money back in 1992 and no revenue coming in either.

Mike Ashley has sold 7 premiership players, bought by the previous owners, and replaced them with championship players. So surely, the money wasted by the previous board (in thompers view) should be back in the clubs coffers by now (to spend on premiership players to replace the ones sold).

Either that, or he is happier with championship standard players on the books.

I always got the impression that that was money that Ashley was willing to invest, before the big fall out. I think the reason he isn't spending now is because the club has no money and he isn't willing to put the money up, whereas before, he was.

The fallout that happened at the end of the transfer window when KK left or the one where he wouldn't buy Modric? Neither one fits your theory, if you think about it because neither would have happened were he willing to invest.

Edited by alex

I don't have to know who it is to know that I'm not him, idiot :rolleyes: I did do a little digging using the search option as it happens <_<

And?

On the search feature.

so why do you say that you went looking for him if you already know who he is and he isn't you :razz:

Leazes, you really are losing it. I didn't say I knew who it was. Unbelievable, how do you folks not lose your rag with this bloke :lol:

answer the question thompers ?

By the way, I asked for your re-instatement on NO before I was banned myself but I'm not going to bicker on with you in the same way here. This is a question. How old are you ? Do you have a season ticket ? Are your views from the comfort of an armchair, making it an altogether more comfortable view to have in view of the fact it is others and not you who you are saying should sit and put up with gross underachievement, competing on the rules of other clubs whose only ambition is to survive in the premiership.

If you don't reply, I'm not getting sucked into a bickering match with you. Alex already has you sussed, and also has outpointed you too already, just like me.

The fallout that happened at the end of the transfer window when KK left or the one where he wouldn't buy Modric? Neither one fits your theory, if you think about it because neither would have happened were he willing to invest.

Ah. Modric. Who would have been a waste of money, according to the Ashley apologists.

Mike Ashley has sold 7 premiership players, bought by the previous owners, and replaced them with championship players. So surely, the money wasted by the previous board (in thompers view) should be back in the clubs coffers by now (to spend on premiership players to replace the ones sold).

For what it's worth, I enjoyed watching the team immensely last season. I attended more games than I had in the previous 2 seasons. Yes, I'd rather watch a higher calibre of player, but if it's a choice between watching somebody on 80k p/w strolling around not giving a fuck or watching somebody on 20k p/w giving it their all then for me it's a no brainer.

Souness also bought Luque and Boumsong for nearly 20 million at around the same time, before Roeder signed Martins for 10m. With the Owen transfer and other smaller transfers, we spent over 50 million in the couple of years leading up to Ashleys takeover. With a wage bill of around 70% of revenue, I don't think we were making enough of a profit to fund that kind of spending.

He spent quite a bit in that window didn't he? The fallout didn't happen because he wasn't willing to invest, it happened because he was investing by backing Wise and not Keegan.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed watching the team immensely last season. I attended more games than I had in the previous 2 seasons. Yes, I'd rather watch a higher calibre of player, but if it's a choice between watching somebody on 80k p/w strolling around not giving a fuck or watching somebody on 20k p/w giving it their all then for me it's a no brainer.

Souness also bought Luque and Boumsong for nearly 20 million at around the same time, before Roeder signed Martins for 10m. With the Owen transfer and other smaller transfers, we spent over 50 million in the couple of years leading up to Ashleys takeover. With a wage bill of around 70% of revenue, I don't think we were making enough of a profit to fund that kind of spending.

Plenty of people supported Souness buying Luque, Boumsong and Owen. Lots in fact, especially on NO. Not me though, so don't bother claiming that I did. You will plenty of posts saying so on NO and telling people the club was spending money on poor players ie Boumsong and Luque. Backing their manager is a different question though, different altogether. You back him or sack him, but most said back him. The same people who now slate them for backing him.

Watching a team in the 2nd division, is a vastly different proposition to what is about to unfold. Continue to concern yourself with the balance sheet and be pleased with it while we suffer a lot of defeats and a few resounding thrashings.

Edited by LeazesMag

And?

On the search feature.

answer the question thompers ?

By the way, I asked for your re-instatement on NO before I was banned myself but I'm not going to bicker on with you in the same way here. This is a question. How old are you ? Do you have a season ticket ? Are your views from the comfort of an armchair, making it an altogether more comfortable view to have in view of the fact it is others and not you who you are saying should sit and put up with gross underachievement, competing on the rules of other clubs whose only ambition is to survive in the premiership.

If you don't reply, I'm not getting sucked into a bickering match with you. Alex already has you sussed, and also has outpointed you too already, just like me.

This is why they shouldn't put internet access into the 'homes'.

I clearly don't have a season ticket yet, as is obvious by my posts in other threads.

I'm not thompers and your question doesn't make any sense you senile old twat