Leazes Mag / AshleysSkidMark Love In

LeazesMag

You judge them for the heights they reached, I judge them on their pathetic attempts to sustain it.

No, as I said, I judge their overall reign. It's quite telling that you feel the need make to put words into my mouth though.

The way their overall reign ended should be enough to make a fair judgement on them.

what about in comparison to where they started ?

Does that not come into your thinking anywhere :icon_lol:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see how you can argue it's fair to judge only the end of the reign. I'd also add it's mostly supposition on your part anyway - i.e. where we were headed under the last regime, rather than where we actually were. Anyway, I don't think we're going to agree on this so I'll leave it at that.

Because it means all of their success was built on an unsustainable business model. Which taints their achievements.

It taints their achievements aye. It doesn't complete negate them though. That's basically what I've been saying anyway though. You're the one saying you judge them on where they finished up and the mistakes they made. I'm arguing for a more balanced overview.

I don't think spending future income to achieve a couple of seasons in europe is anything to shout about at all though. In fact I think there's a few decent premiership sides that could probably go down that route now but choose not to, and that's why they were above us when Shepherd left.

Ahhh good old hindsight again, tbf Shearer, what a waste of cash he was too after all we won nowt when he was here :icon_lol:

I still don't see how you can argue it's fair to judge only the end of the reign. I'd also add it's mostly supposition on your part anyway - i.e. where we were headed under the last regime, rather than where we actually were. Anyway, I don't think we're going to agree on this so I'll leave it at that.

Because it means all of their success was built on an unsustainable business model. Which taints their achievements.

It taints their achievements aye. It doesn't complete negate them though. That's basically what I've been saying anyway though. You're the one saying you judge them on where they finished up and the mistakes they made. I'm arguing for a more balanced overview.

I don't think spending future income to achieve a couple of seasons in europe is anything to shout about at all though. In fact I think there's a few decent premiership sides that could probably go down that route now but choose not to, and that's why they were above us when Shepherd left.

Ahhh good old hindsight again, tbf Shearer, what a waste of cash he was too after all we won nowt when he was here :icon_lol:

indeed. If only we had lay down and just let him go to manu, we could also have had a glorious bank balance and not bothered going to 2 FA Cup Finals, in fact we may even have lost to Stevenage as it was all just a waste of time in the end.

Sentimentally, no, but how many clubs since have broke the world transfer record and won nothing?

Ahhh good old hindsight again, tbf Shearer, what a waste of cash he was too after all we won nowt when he was here :lol:

Sentimentally, no, but how many clubs since have broke the world transfer record and won nothing?

so you are confirming we shouldn't have bothered signing him then

Or are you going to blame Shepherd for losing 2 FA Cup Finals :icon_lol:

Ahhh good old hindsight again, tbf Shearer, what a waste of cash he was too after all we won nowt when he was here :lol:

so you are confirming we shouldn't have bothered signing him then

Or are you going to blame Shepherd for losing 2 FA Cup Finals :icon_lol:

Why break the transfer record and have one top top player if Man Utd and Arsenal's 10 other players are better than your other 10?

Does it not worry you, Leazes, that you have the same argument, every day in many different threads with no real progress on either side? Do you realise how many threads you've derailed by talking about something that 99% of the people on this forum don't care about any more? Seriously, in a thread about Joe Cole, you talk about the old board, in a thread about Steven Taylor's potential new deal you talk about the old board, in a thread about Liverpool you talk about the old board.

do you realise this? or does it pass you by?

Does it not worry you, Leazes, that you have the same argument, every day in many different threads with no real progress on either side? Do you realise how many threads you've derailed by talking about something that 99% of the people on this forum don't care about any more? Seriously, in a thread about Joe Cole, you talk about the old board, in a thread about Steven Taylor's potential new deal you talk about the old board, in a thread about Liverpool you talk about the old board.

You're like thickmick off NO :icon_lol: Does the argument that we were the fifth best team in the country on average pass you by?

You're like thickmick off NO :icon_lol: Does the argument that we were the fifth best team in the country on average pass you by?

I'm confused, are you Leazes, like?

You're like thickmick off NO :lol: Does the argument that we were the fifth best team in the country on average pass you by?

I'm confused, are you Leazes, like?

I'm just mocking him... but it's telling that you didn't put it past the old cunt to be me :icon_lol:

eeerrr..........as I've already pointed out, I wasn't the first person to mention the old board........ :lol:

That goes for the Steven Taylor thread too.

Does it not worry you that you are blind :icon_lol:

this kid is thompers. He has the same style. :lol:

I am genuinely worried about your mental well-being mate.

I thought you said you had me on ignore :icon_lol:

You're like thickmick off NO :lol: Does the argument that we were the fifth best team in the country on average pass you by?

Yesterday you said you didn't know what NO was ?

And I haven't mentioned "thickmick" for over a year, as an estimate.

You're thompers aren't you :icon_lol:

this kid is thompers. He has the same style. :icon_lol:

I am genuinely worried about your mental well-being mate.

I thought you said you had me on ignore :lol:

I did :D

You're thompers aren't you :lol:

No I've been reading your rather comical posting history :D

eeerrr..........as I've already pointed out, I wasn't the first person to mention the old board........ :icon_lol:

That goes for the Steven Taylor thread too.

Does it not worry you that you are blind :D

:lol:

so you're ok with blethering on about the same shit, day in, day out? Surely you must get bored of it?

you mean as in the only person, or the first, to call Mike Ashley correctly ?

Continue criticising qualifying for europe regularly if its preferable to you. I'll let someone else like Alex and PP tear your daft logic to shreds for a while now.

you mean as in the only person, or the first, to call Mike Ashley correctly ?

Continue criticising qualifying for europe regularly if its preferable to you. I'll let someone else like Alex and PP tear your daft logic to shreds for a while now.

I'm not criticising that... I'm criticising the loss of that, which was achieved before ashley came and after giving Souness 55million.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Leazes... when you mention the fact that we used to sign players like this... could it be argued that Damien Duff was one of those players? Exactly the same, a Chelsea winger leaving them because he is declining. Were you happy signing declining players on inflated wages at great expense to the clubs financial health?

for the record.........

Leazes... when you mention the fact that we used to sign players like this... could it be argued that Damien Duff was one of those players? Exactly the same, a Chelsea winger leaving them because he is declining. Were you happy signing declining players on inflated wages at great expense to the clubs financial health?

for the record.........

What? You're completely bananas mate