.com these days

Kid Dynamite

I stand corrected, just remember them removing the link. Thinking back, the fourm was up and down like a yo-yo at the time.

62363[/snapback]

It was about the time it was hacked IIRC.

I stand corrected, just remember them removing the link. Thinking back, the fourm was up and down like a yo-yo at the time.

62363[/snapback]

62365[/snapback]

I think it was far earlier and I am pretty sure remembering Phil Craig saying that criticism of their website played a role too.

For the website itself: Of course it's their website and they do and say whatever they want (and I made my fair share of contributions occasionally). It's just that I think it isn't as good as it used to be.

62363[/snapback]

62365[/snapback]

I think it was far earlier and I am pretty sure remembering Phil Craig saying that criticism of their website played a role too.

For the website itself: Of course it's their website and they do and say whatever they want (and I made my fair share of contributions occasionally). It's just that I think it isn't as good as it used to be.

62373[/snapback]

Is it just merely coincidence that neither of them share your viewpoint on the Bellamy/Robert situations? ;)

62363[/snapback]

62365[/snapback]

62373[/snapback]

Is it just merely coincidence that neither of them share your viewpoint on the Bellamy/Robert situations? ;)

62390[/snapback]

:angry:

I have no problem with them disagreeing with my views (though I don't remember myself commentating on the Bellamy situation very much). And at least they are able to make coherent points.

No, I think they become bitchy for the sake of it. And they are losing all the wit that was making their articles a joy to read. The waffle is often still worth reading, the rest becomes drivel. Their website also starts to hurt my eyes. I am all for simple designs, but at theirs it's nowadays difficult to spot the articles between all those adverts, pictures and (sponsored) competitions.

They're a couple of fans who have for the past 12 years, written self-opinionated views of supporting Newcastle United. Noboby pays to read what they right, they're not forced into reading it so why do people have a problem with it??

I tell you why, because they've voiced an opinion on a subject that individuals don't agree with - simple as!

What can't be denied is that they continue to write what they think and not mask their opinions - for that I admire them.

So they don't think that there should have been a minute's silence for Best? They're not exactly on their own on that one, are they?

They own a site, they pay for the webspace and bandwidth, they can write what the hell they like IMO.

62361[/snapback]

Biffa???? :angry:

still doesnt change the fact that a site that was once an interesting mix of insider gossip and transfer news is now full of competitions to win a signed LP off nobby nobody and slating .co.uk (or cock ;) ) for their every mistake.

They've always slated .cock ever since the club demanded that they give up the .com address (about 10 years ago now) so there's nothing new there.

As for insider gossip, well I think the changes re: the transfer windows have helped see to the decline in that one.

They do have competitions but that's not really a new thing either?!

And no, I'm not Biffa... ;)

They've always slated .cock ever since the club demanded that they give up the .com address (about 10 years ago now) so there's nothing new there.

As for insider gossip, well I think the changes re: the transfer windows have helped see to the decline in that one.

62452[/snapback]

They do seem to have less insider info but I still think it's the best Toon site out there.

62452[/snapback]

But you are Shearergol. :angry:

62452[/snapback]

62454[/snapback]

Jesus Christ, is that gag still going? :angry:

62452[/snapback]

62454[/snapback]

Jesus Christ, is that gag still going? :angry:

62459[/snapback]

Now come on...it's only been used about 99 times.

Didn't some goalkeeper wear that number once?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I don't care about this insider thing and I still think its the best site of its type out there.

As I've said before I know its not "PC" to say it but Biffa goes to all the matches (plus reserves) and therefore has more "right" to a respected opinion than a lot of other fans imo.

I don't care about this insider thing and I still think its the best site of its type out there.

As I've said before I know its not "PC" to say it but Biffa goes to all the matches (plus reserves) and therefore has more "right" to a respected opinion than a lot of other fans imo.

62504[/snapback]

Politically incorrect soopafan tbh ;)

People may not like what the guys at nufc.com have to say but their reaction to last night is spot on.

Disgraceful

Wigan Res  1  Newcastle  0

Diabolical, deplorable, dreadful, shocking, pitiful, pathetic, embarrassing, unbelievable, dismal, feeble, useless, awful, appalling, abysmal, shameful, astonishing, staggering, atrocious, inexcusable.

You take your pick, but words simply cannot describe the depths to which this team fell tonight at the JJB Stadium.

The 1-0 scoreline flattered us. If we'd been 4-0 down by half-time we couldn't have complained after a first half that beggared belief.

Wigan's second string (their team had nine changes from the one beaten by Spurs) outclassed the strongest team we could muster to an alarming degree. At one stage the corner count was 11-0 in favour of the home side.

The fact that it took a dubious late penalty for our fate to be sealed was totally incidental as only some poor finishing and some decent stops by Shay Given had kept us in the game.

To say that we were ragged would be something of an understatement.

This was as close as you get to a bye into the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup and we blew it big time.

Where does that leave the current manager and his band of merry men? Well the half-time boos turned into cat-calls and cries of "we want Souness out" by the final whistle.

The Chairman was left in no doubt about current feeling when around 40 fans surrounded his Range Rover as it got stuck in traffic leaving the ground, chanting "Souness out".

Saturday is likely to see two sets of irate fans turning on their managers, should they still be there by then, of course....

Full match report to follow.

Team: Given, Ramage, Boumsong, Elliott, N'Zogbia, Bowyer (Brittain 45), Parker, Solano, Emre (Faye 71), Shearer, Luque (Chopra 57).

Subs n/u: Harper, Clark.

Booked: Emre.

Wigan: Pollitt, Taylor, Jackson, Thome (Henchoz 30), McMillan (Baines 45), McCulloch, Teale, Skoko, Mahon, Connolly, Johansson (Roberts 69).

Subs n/u: Francis, Bullard.

Booked: Skoko.

Goal: Connolly 88 pen.

Crowd: 11,574

Referee: Steve Bennett (Kent)

Edited by sammynb

Aye but their preview of the Villa game shows everything that is wrong

Our next Premiership game sees David O'Leary bring his "young side" to Tyneside, for a 3pm kickoff on Saturday.

And for the first time we're pleased to have our new home match sponsors on board, Marco Polo Italian restaurant.

This long-established Newcastle city centre Eaterie has re-opened after a complete refurbishment and now boasts a separate bar area.

Marco Polo is located at 33 Dean Street (bookings: 0191 232 5533) and open for food & drink before & after the match.

Watch this space for news of forthcoming special offers & promotions for NUFC.com readers.

NUFC: To follow...Carr may be available.

Why the fuck post that article yit?

• 2 weeks later...

Inspiring stuff...

Yes it's time for another bit of NUFC.com sabre-rattling ahead of our home game against Arsenal.

Amidst all the doom and gloom pervading Tyneside at present, we're desperately trying to be upbeat.

No wins in six attempts to beat Wenger's team here and only two goals in that time doesn't bode well, but we meet a Gunners side with a worse away record than us in the league this season.

A win at Wigan and draws at Spurs and West Ham have been their only positive results on the road so far, while they've been beaten at Chelsea, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Bolton - four sets of home fans that can barely muster a cheer between them.

Regardless of the merits or otherwise of the manager or players, a lot of people will pay a lot of money to be present at St.James' on Saturday - it defies logic that they can get value or enjoyment by not helping or even hoping that their side wins the match. Try supporting the lads - you might like it.

Arsenal have their own injury worries and looked nervous at the back when beaten by a Bolton side last week who were able to defend from the first man and take their chances.

We simply have to do the same - there are no excuses for a lack of commitment to the cause, either on or off the pitch.

There's unfinished business with this lot from the first day of the season. Time to restore some pride and honour methinks.

And if it all goes t*ts up, remember that the game is going out live across the planet - don't help the Sky vultures by giving them easy negative stories to make the club even more of a laughing stock. Please.

Howay The Lads!