England -v- Algeria

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Paraguay!

I just have. :icon_lol:

Just had a mental picture of a smoking monkey furiously pleasuring himself. Too much for this time of the morning, I'm going to watch the game. :icon_lol:

:angry:

spank.jpg

Is he waiting until he's finished to light up?

In the interests of cheering people up, here's a Paraguayan fan with epic knockers:

20100615094706771g1_094714_0.jpg

paraguaj_fans_2.jpg

C_3_Media_1078529_immagine.jpg

1276582342_extras_albumes_0.jpg

As it turns out, she's a "plant" of sorts, as she's a relatively famous model in that part of the world. But as plants go....

Fantastic. Fuck England and their overpaid c***s. this is what the world cups all about.

Has anyone got her mobile number????

Dunno but I hope she's got it on vibrate. :icon_lol:

Please let her have it on vibrate.

Fuck, that's my phone! (and 2J's if he hasn't got rid of it yet...) No wonder she's got it shoved there, when that bastard vibrates it'd rouse the fucking dead!

In the interests of cheering people up, here's a Paraguayan fan with epic knockers:

20100615094706771g1_094714_0.jpg

paraguaj_fans_2.jpg

C_3_Media_1078529_immagine.jpg

1276582342_extras_albumes_0.jpg

As it turns out, she's a "plant" of sorts, as she's a relatively famous model in that part of the world. But as plants go....

Fantastic. Fuck England and their overpaid c***s. this is what the world cups all about.

Has anyone got her mobile number????

Dunno but I hope she's got it on vibrate. :icon_lol:

Please let her have it on vibrate.

Fuck, that's my phone! (and 2J's if he hasn't got rid of it yet...) No wonder she's got it shoved there, when that bastard vibrates it'd rouse the fucking dead!

I hope your going to tell us an exiting story about how the phone you share with 2J ended up between her tits.

Doesn't sound like the "clear-the-air" talks worked all that well. Terry saying "we've got stuff to say, and if it upsets him, so what", and Capello saying "I feel like I've wasted the last two years". Canny. Although the BBC are saying that the results of the talks are being described as "positive", most of the papers are saying that Terry has failed in his attempt to stage a mutiny/mini-coup.

From the Independent:

When John Terry first came into the media centre at England's Royal Bafokeng training ground yesterday he began his round of press conferences talking like the archetypal loyal player defending a manager who has come under pressure after a run of bad results.

By the end of an hour he had promised personally to challenge Fabio Capello in last night's team meeting and revealed how he had insisted to the Italian's backroom staff that the players should be allowed to relax with a beer after the draw with Algeria. As Terry's comments filtered back almost immediately to his team-mates just a few hundred yards away in their hotel there was disbelief.

The players were astonished that Terry, never the most popular man in the camp, had revealed private details about the team. That he had positioned himself as the man to rescue England by taking on Capello, when most of the squad feel that Terry is as much to blame for some of the problems, invoked anger and dismay in the players.

Related articles

Trouble for Terry as coup plan backfires

FA deny wishful thinking that Capello will walk away

James Lawton : England were rock bottom and you landed the hardest Wayne

Sam Wallace: Time to give Crouch a shot at rescuing our faltering campaign from oblivion

Ian Herbert: This team must be released from their shackles to win

Search the news archive for more stories

By last night the former England captain found himself isolated for what looked like an attempted coup on the authority of the manager who sacked him as England captain just four months ago. Another extraordinary day in the life of England's faltering World Cup campaign ended with Terry being told not to speak out at last night's team meeting.

Ahead of Wednesday's game with Slovenia, yesterday was judged as critical for the Football Association to get back on track after Saturday's desperate draw with Algeria. Capello had emerged from the Wayne Bridge saga and Terry's sacking to great public acclaim at expense of the player himself. Terry, who still denies the alleged affair with Bridge's ex-fiancee Vanessa Perroncel, was not the obvious candidate to be on-message with Capello.

Instead, the circumstances gave Terry his chance to even the score with a man who, having once ruled with an iron fist, was now at his lowest ebb since becoming England manager. It was with the polished diplomacy of a master politician, rather than a Premier League footballer, that Terry stuck the knife in.

He started innocuously enough, claiming he was there "on behalf of the team" and was "not going to question the manager". Terry said: "All I can say is we're all fully behind him. Since the manager's come in he has had his ways and his philosophies and his ideas that he's brought to the side, and it's worked in the campaign. So nothing should change there. We shouldn't be looking at excuses or to criticise the manager."

The performance against Algeria was, he said, "totally unacceptable". He invoked the example of the 1990 World Cup finals when the England team drew their first two games against the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands and still went on to have a successful tournament. If they failed against Slovenia on Wednesday he promised, to be "the first out the dressing room" to take responsibility.

"We really need to go out there [against Slovenia] and just think: 'Sod it, we've got one game where we can make or break our tournament.' It's been five weeks that I've been away from my family and I've come here to win this tournament. I don't want to go home on Wednesday. I'm here to win it."

So far, so good. But then, very subtly, the tone of Terry's words started to change. The promises to challenge Capello's authority became ever bolder and he projected himself as the key figure in the England dressing room rather than Capello.

Asked whether the players could have a discussion with Capello about tactics, Terry struck. He said: "We have done in the past, and will do if we feel it needs to be done. We've got a meeting tonight to watch the game and see where we went wrong. As a group of players, we owe it to ourselves and to everyone in the country that, if we feel there's a problem, there's no point in keeping it in. If we have an argument with the manager and it upsets him – us expressing our opinions – everyone needs to get it off his chest. That's exactly what we'll do."

That was Terry's first shot across the bows of Capello's regime. Asked whether he still felt like the leader of the team he shot back "100 per cent ... No one will take that away from me. I was born to do stuff like that". Again on Capello and the meeting last night he again laid down a challenge to his manager. "Everyone needs to voice their opinion. If it upsets him [Capello] or any other player, so what?"

By the time Terry took his seat with the newspaper reporters he was in full flow. He revealed that a group of players led by him had petitioned Capello's chief aide, the general manager Franco Baldini, to let them drink a beer in the hotel after the game against Algeria. Terry said: "I don't want to say it was me but I went to see Franco after the game and said, 'Look, let everyone have a beer and speak to the manager. Flipping hell, let's just switch off'."

With every little detail, Terry was undermining the framework of Capello's carefully constructed authority. In February when he was sacked as captain, all the power was concentrated on Capello, the man who had led England to the World Cup after their Euro 2008 qualifying failure. Fast-forward four months and it is Terry in the position of power. Capello is on the brink of a humiliating World Cup exit and with three of his four first-choice centre-backs out of Wednesday's game he needs Terry more than ever.

Terry became ever more indiscreet. "You don't see the side of him [Capello] storming around the dressing room kicking and throwing things," Terry said. "He shows that real passion." Was that a compliment or a criticism? Later he said that Capello had been "more relaxed" in recent days, making small-talk with him over the vineyard he had visited on his day off on Saturday.

Then we were back to the meeting again. "The manager has organised it like we normally do. Two days after [the game] we'll go through the video," Terry said. "We are in a meeting with the manager, whether he starts it or finishes it, the players can say how they feel and if it upsets him then I'm on the verge of just saying: 'You know what? So what? I'm here to win it for England'.

"He's feeling the same, the players are feeling the same and if we can't be honest with each other then there's no point in us being here. It's the same at Chelsea. I might say something to Carlo [Ancelotti] in a meeting in front of the players that he doesn't like, but we walk out of the meeting and it's forgotten.

"You can't hold grudges. I'm doing the best for Chelsea, if I say something [in the meeting] – and I probably will and a few others will – then I'm doing the best for England. As I said before, I'm doing it for my country."

By the end, Terry, normally a fairly hesitant performer in press conferences, was speaking fluently and confidently. He had judged that he could take liberties with a wounded Capello but he had not reckoned with the reaction of his team-mates.

Edited by Gemmill

We need a purge of the big egos. Terry, Gerrard, Lampard and possibly Rooney should be dropped for a couple of qualifiers. They think they can just be able to walk, and get in the starting 11 regardless of form. Well, a few games out will show them that they are not the super stars whom the FA and the world owes something to. People will say 'the squad is weaker blah blah blah', but when have they really shown their club form in a major tournament? And if they go off and retire in a huff, then let them go and play with their Ferraris.

Guest The Three Lions
Doesn't sound like the "clear-the-air" talks worked all that well. Terry saying "we've got stuff to say, and if it upsets him, so what", and Capello saying "I feel like I've wasted the last two years". Canny. Although the BBC are saying that the results of the talks are being described as "positive", most of the papers are saying that Terry has failed in his attempt to stage a mutiny/mini-coup.

From the Independent:

When John Terry first came into the media centre at England's Royal Bafokeng training ground yesterday he began his round of press conferences talking like the archetypal loyal player defending a manager who has come under pressure after a run of bad results.

By the end of an hour he had promised personally to challenge Fabio Capello in last night's team meeting and revealed how he had insisted to the Italian's backroom staff that the players should be allowed to relax with a beer after the draw with Algeria. As Terry's comments filtered back almost immediately to his team-mates just a few hundred yards away in their hotel there was disbelief.

The players were astonished that Terry, never the most popular man in the camp, had revealed private details about the team. That he had positioned himself as the man to rescue England by taking on Capello, when most of the squad feel that Terry is as much to blame for some of the problems, invoked anger and dismay in the players.

Related articles

Trouble for Terry as coup plan backfires

FA deny wishful thinking that Capello will walk away

James Lawton : England were rock bottom and you landed the hardest Wayne

Sam Wallace: Time to give Crouch a shot at rescuing our faltering campaign from oblivion

Ian Herbert: This team must be released from their shackles to win

Search the news archive for more stories

By last night the former England captain found himself isolated for what looked like an attempted coup on the authority of the manager who sacked him as England captain just four months ago. Another extraordinary day in the life of England's faltering World Cup campaign ended with Terry being told not to speak out at last night's team meeting.

Ahead of Wednesday's game with Slovenia, yesterday was judged as critical for the Football Association to get back on track after Saturday's desperate draw with Algeria. Capello had emerged from the Wayne Bridge saga and Terry's sacking to great public acclaim at expense of the player himself. Terry, who still denies the alleged affair with Bridge's ex-fiancee Vanessa Perroncel, was not the obvious candidate to be on-message with Capello.

Instead, the circumstances gave Terry his chance to even the score with a man who, having once ruled with an iron fist, was now at his lowest ebb since becoming England manager. It was with the polished diplomacy of a master politician, rather than a Premier League footballer, that Terry stuck the knife in.

He started innocuously enough, claiming he was there "on behalf of the team" and was "not going to question the manager". Terry said: "All I can say is we're all fully behind him. Since the manager's come in he has had his ways and his philosophies and his ideas that he's brought to the side, and it's worked in the campaign. So nothing should change there. We shouldn't be looking at excuses or to criticise the manager."

The performance against Algeria was, he said, "totally unacceptable". He invoked the example of the 1990 World Cup finals when the England team drew their first two games against the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands and still went on to have a successful tournament. If they failed against Slovenia on Wednesday he promised, to be "the first out the dressing room" to take responsibility.

"We really need to go out there [against Slovenia] and just think: 'Sod it, we've got one game where we can make or break our tournament.' It's been five weeks that I've been away from my family and I've come here to win this tournament. I don't want to go home on Wednesday. I'm here to win it."

So far, so good. But then, very subtly, the tone of Terry's words started to change. The promises to challenge Capello's authority became ever bolder and he projected himself as the key figure in the England dressing room rather than Capello.

Asked whether the players could have a discussion with Capello about tactics, Terry struck. He said: "We have done in the past, and will do if we feel it needs to be done. We've got a meeting tonight to watch the game and see where we went wrong. As a group of players, we owe it to ourselves and to everyone in the country that, if we feel there's a problem, there's no point in keeping it in. If we have an argument with the manager and it upsets him – us expressing our opinions – everyone needs to get it off his chest. That's exactly what we'll do."

That was Terry's first shot across the bows of Capello's regime. Asked whether he still felt like the leader of the team he shot back "100 per cent ... No one will take that away from me. I was born to do stuff like that". Again on Capello and the meeting last night he again laid down a challenge to his manager. "Everyone needs to voice their opinion. If it upsets him [Capello] or any other player, so what?"

By the time Terry took his seat with the newspaper reporters he was in full flow. He revealed that a group of players led by him had petitioned Capello's chief aide, the general manager Franco Baldini, to let them drink a beer in the hotel after the game against Algeria. Terry said: "I don't want to say it was me but I went to see Franco after the game and said, 'Look, let everyone have a beer and speak to the manager. Flipping hell, let's just switch off'."

With every little detail, Terry was undermining the framework of Capello's carefully constructed authority. In February when he was sacked as captain, all the power was concentrated on Capello, the man who had led England to the World Cup after their Euro 2008 qualifying failure. Fast-forward four months and it is Terry in the position of power. Capello is on the brink of a humiliating World Cup exit and with three of his four first-choice centre-backs out of Wednesday's game he needs Terry more than ever.

Terry became ever more indiscreet. "You don't see the side of him [Capello] storming around the dressing room kicking and throwing things," Terry said. "He shows that real passion." Was that a compliment or a criticism? Later he said that Capello had been "more relaxed" in recent days, making small-talk with him over the vineyard he had visited on his day off on Saturday.

Then we were back to the meeting again. "The manager has organised it like we normally do. Two days after [the game] we'll go through the video," Terry said. "We are in a meeting with the manager, whether he starts it or finishes it, the players can say how they feel and if it upsets him then I'm on the verge of just saying: 'You know what? So what? I'm here to win it for England'.

"He's feeling the same, the players are feeling the same and if we can't be honest with each other then there's no point in us being here. It's the same at Chelsea. I might say something to Carlo [Ancelotti] in a meeting in front of the players that he doesn't like, but we walk out of the meeting and it's forgotten.

"You can't hold grudges. I'm doing the best for Chelsea, if I say something [in the meeting] – and I probably will and a few others will – then I'm doing the best for England. As I said before, I'm doing it for my country."

By the end, Terry, normally a fairly hesitant performer in press conferences, was speaking fluently and confidently. He had judged that he could take liberties with a wounded Capello but he had not reckoned with the reaction of his team-mates.

Says fuck all about the content of the meeting though.

So basically he told the press that they were having a team meeting and that they'd requested to have a beer after the Algeria game? Hardly earth shattering stuff, I wouldn't credit Terry with the intelligence to have meant anything more.

So basically he told the press that they were having a team meeting and that they'd requested to have a beer after the Algeria game? Hardly earth shattering stuff, I wouldn't credit Terry with the intelligence to have meant anything more.

Those echo my thoughts. Still think Terry is a horrible cunt though.

I reckon Terry habours ill feeling towards Capello since being dropped as captain and probably had the attitude of "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks" etc. when it came to giving a press conference.

Did say he wanted to see Joe Cole in the side didn't he? Again, not earth shattering stuff but I bet Capello didn't like it being said in public.

I reckon Terry habours ill feeling towards Capello since being dropped as captain and probably had the attitude of "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks" etc. when it came to giving a press conference.

Did say he wanted to see Joe Cole in the side didn't he? Again, not earth shattering stuff but I bet Capello didn't like it being said in public.

he did but he said it in that very "avoiding the questiony way"

lots of well of course, hes a team mate at chelsea, look at what he did for chelsea, goal at man u etc etc

John Terry is a fuck up.

Terry had rejected Capello's notion that the side was gripped by anxiety. "That's a little bit insulting, because we are not," he said.

What a prick. He doesnt have the intelligence to speak on behalf of anyone.

John Terry is a fuck up.

Terry had rejected Capello's notion that the side was gripped by anxiety. "That's a little bit insulting, because we are not," he said.

What a prick. He doesnt have the intelligence to speak on behalf of anyone.

Agreed. He's undermining Capello with that line too.

After this tournament, Terry should be removed from the team. He's becoming a cancerous presence, and thinks now he's not in the papers for poking some random bint any more he can do what he likes, and is bigger than the white shirt he wears. I reckon the papers should release the story about the 15 year old this Sunday.

Not sure there's much chance of him being dropped before or after the WC.

Sounds like Terry was out on his own with his comments.

"he has made a big mistake"

I think I know what that means.....maybe I'm wrong.Its unlikely he'll be dropped for Wednesday but if Cappello somehow hangs on to his job I cant see him figuring in any more squads...and any subsequent manager will maybe think twice about making him captain again..

Not sure there's much chance of him being dropped before or after the WC.

Sounds like Terry was out on his own with his comments.

"he has made a big mistake"

I think I know what that means.....maybe I'm wrong.Its unlikely he'll be dropped for Wednesday but if Cappello somehow hangs on to his job I cant see him figuring in any more squads...and any subsequent manager will maybe think twice about making him captain again..

Who are his alternative CBs though? Perma crocks King and Woodgate or the two the DKN mentioned? Unless Terry has really upset the squad I can't see how Capelli can ignore him for the Euro qualifiers.

Edited by ewerk

Who are his alternative CBs though?

Phil Jagielka was unlucky to miss out. Post World Cup, I reckon he's got a big future ahead of him. Lescott if he ever gets his head screwed back on? Micah Richards (although Capello never picked him as a rightback so maybe he doesn't like him)?

paraguaj_fans_2.jpg

Oh my god the one on the right is like a pornstar, you see pics of England lasses over there and they look like they work in a factory in Stalybridge.

her name is larissa riquelme.

jesus tittyfucking christ!