England -v- Algeria

England v Algeria

Venue: Cape Town

Date: Friday, 18 June 2010

Kick-off: 19:30 BST

Coverage: ITV and BBC Radio 5 live, live text commentary and video highlights on BBC website

Right, lets put down a marker, re-establish ourselves as one of the favourites and give this lot a tonking.

I'd go with:

-------------------Hart

Johnson - Dawson - Terry - A.Cole

-----------Lampard - Barry

---Lennon ---- Gerrard ---- J.Cole

-----------------Rooney

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-0 England - no regrets. No comments from bitter World War 2 losers.

Yeah I put some money on the same result @ 11-1

I think the average showing against the yanks and the need to win, will spur England on and get the best out of people like Rooney.

Hopefully Joe Cole will start and we wont have to make two subs before the 50th minute.

England v Algeria

Venue: Cape Town

Date: Friday, 18 June 2010

Kick-off: 19:30 BST

Coverage: ITV and BBC Radio 5 live, live text commentary and video highlights on BBC website

Right, lets put down a marker, re-establish ourselves as one of the favourites and give this lot a tonking.

I'd go with:

-------------------Hart

Johnson - Dawson - Terry - A.Cole

-----------Lampard - Barry

---Lennon ---- Gerrard ---- J.Cole

-----------------Rooney

I like that side but unfortuanatly i doubt we will see it!

3-0 gerrard, lampard and rooney

I think itll look like:

---------------Green

Johnson--Carragher--Terry--Cole

Lennon--Lampard--Barry---Gerrard

-----------Heskey--Rooney

If Barry isnt fit then Gerrard will be in the middle and Joe Cole will probably start on the left.

Apparently I'm going to bloody Twickenham to watch this one. I'm already dreading the experience.

Either way, if we don't win it convincingly (performance-wise, if not scoreline-wise), then the game's probably up. Suspect we'll give them a darned good thrashing though. Which makes watching it in a public school-feeding, rugger-supporting environment seem somehow infinitely more appropriate.

Apparently I'm going to bloody Twickenham to watch this one. I'm already dreading the experience.

Either way, if we don't win it convincingly (performance-wise, if not scoreline-wise), then the game's probably up. Suspect we'll give them a darned good thrashing though. Which makes watching it in a public school-feeding, rugger-supporting environment seem somehow infinitely more appropriate.

If they start with "Swing Low Sweet Chariot", do the right thing.

Tactical vomit on the nearest singer.

If they start with "Swing Low Sweet Chariot", do the right thing.

Tactical vomit on the nearest singer.

:) It'll be my pleasure.

Capello has said Barry will play and he hasnt decided on the forward yet so I'm thinking

Green

Johnson Carragher Terry Cole

-----------Lampard Barry

Lennon-------Gerrard---------Cole

--------------Rooney

though andy townshend has been hearing things apparently since in that little video he said he'll play heskey or defoe (he didnt say that at all) and he also reckons gerrard will go on the left

I really hope not

Desailly agrees with me though, making a (quite strange) plea to capello to play Gerrard and Rooney together

Edited by Andrew

Capello has said Barry will play and he hasnt decided on the forward yet so I'm thinking

Green

-----------Lampard Barry

--------------Rooney

though andy townshend has been hearing things apparently since in that little video he said he'll play heskey or defoe (he didnt say that at all) and he also reckons gerrard will go on the left

I really hope not

Desailly agrees with me though, making a (quite strange) plea to capello to play Gerrard and Rooney together

If Barry's fit surely he'll play Gerrard off Rooney and drop Heskey? I think he might go for the same line up as you in that case.

Joe Cole is my big hope, it was clear that neither Milner or SWP worked on the left and I think his intelligence on the ball will help England retain possesion more and craft better chances because of that

Green

-----------Lampard Barry

--------------Rooney

I really hope not

Carragher?

Green

-----------Lampard Barry

--------------Rooney

I really hope not

Carragher?

should be noted thats the side I think he'll play, not neccesarily the one I would

Guest The Three Lions

Against these we should start the game like we're 2-0 down with five minutes left. If we do that we'll go in at least three goals up, fuck discipline, we'll piss it if they follow that ideology.

Lot of speculation that David James will be starting for England tonight

really disappointed that Hart has been overlooked if its the case the he does drop green