England -v- Algeria

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOF, own goal by Rooney there.

What did he say I missed it. and cant rewind ITV HD. :icon_lol:

Shouts "Nice to see your own fans boo ya" at the camera on the way off the pitch. Well they've spent thousands and you've served up utter shit, Wayne.

he should offer to pay their air fares home, and their hotel bills rather than spout such stuff. Accept he and his mates have been dross like men.

Rooney largely to blame for me as the spark is meant to come from him. You give him the ball and he takes players on, thats what he does. He couldnt keep the ball under control for more than 2 seconds. Our game plan involves getting the ball into him in decent positions, no wonder we looked clueless as he was atrocious.

I can honestly say I've never been more pissed off at an England performance.

At least Carragher and James were reasonably solid - thats literally the only positive, other than that we didn't lose, although we may as well have done.

Rooney largely to blame for me as the spark is meant to come from him. You give him the ball and he takes players on, thats what he does. He couldnt keep the ball under control for more than 2 seconds. Our game plan involves getting the ball into him in decent positions, no wonder we looked clueless as he was atrocious.

Agree completely - Rooney is supposed to be one of the best players in the world. We knew before the tournament that to have any chance of doing well he had to play well, and he has been worse than useless

Was Rooney looking for huge applause and wild celebrations from the fans there?

That won't go down well with anyone, and I'd say the redtops will bite.

As someone else said, maybe if he was earning working class wages and flew around the world following a lethargic buch of millionaires, he might feel a little different.

At least Carragher and James were reasonably solid - thats literally the only positive, other than that we didn't lose, although we may as well have done.

Agreed. It's saying something when those two are clearly your best players. Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Johnson, Heskey & Rooney - all shite!

Was Rooney looking for huge applause and wild celebrations from the fans there?

That won't go down well with anyone, and I'd say the redtops will bite.

As someone else said, maybe if he was earning working class wages and flew around the world following a lethargic buch of millionaires, he might feel a little different.

Fucker evidently thinks he's there on holiday with the rest of them!

Aye, me too.

While a portion of blame must be shouldered by Rooney, the entire attacking "force" were piss poor.

Capello needs to make some very big decisions in the next few days if he's sticking with 4-4-2.

The thing is, Carragher being good at the back should be seen as a necessity; a given, not a positive considering the opposition - it just speaks volumes about how absolutely wank that performance was. Honestly, the more you think about it the worse it becomes.

I've not seen the table: if England win the next match, are they through?

Yes.

Slovenia 4pts

England & Usa 2pts

Algeria 1pt.

A win would see us 1st or 2nd depending on Usa result.

If we draw 2-2 and Usa Algeria is 0-0, it's down to drawing lots apparantly.

The Germans I was watching with are perplexed by bumbling, shadow of his former self Roonita. Seems a bit tubby to me. Think it was a mistake not bringing Johnson who had a cracking last half of the season for Man City. The thing is the main problem for me is that mentally we'er just not on the park and were easily dazzled and cowed by a bit of early ball juggling and running by the French B team.

Not sure if I'd like us to go through.

The embarrassment .....

Aye, it's just that the World Cup only come about every 4 years, and that it probably wouldn't make a shade of difference to anything, considering the same thing happened a couple of years ago in the Euro qualifiers.

We have to put all this tactical shit aside and go a flat 442 and start two strikers who score goals and just go for it.

No we don't - we need to start playing Joe Cole as he's our best player at keeping possession and making things happen at international level.

The fact of the matter is Parky, a lot of these players aren't good enough.

We have to put all this tactical shit aside and go a flat 442 and start two strikers who score goals and just go for it.

No we don't - we need to start playing Joe Cole as he's our best player at keeping possession and making things happen at international level.

The fact of the matter is Parky, a lot of these players aren't good enough.

Agree about Cole. Was mystified when he took Lennon off too - was by far our best attacking player and seemingly the only one who had the impetus to create something.

They need to stop playing Gerrard on the wing too. They're going to fuck him up in the same way Barnes and Beardsley were in that position years ago.

We gave the ball away far too cheaply tonight and when we didn't, we either panicked and blasted it or our close ball control was bollocks. Against a decent outfit (i.e. Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, etc) it would have been frustrating. Against Algeria it's diabolical.