Slovenia -v- England

Andrew

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we only have one world class player (who is out of form) so lets not get our hopes up too high, sit back and just enjoy it. If we lose, try not to react like too badly and look forward to the rest of the competition. If we win, count our blessings and look on with interest for the outcome of Group D.

I know we are all 'winners' inside, so the thought of us losing in any walk of life is hard to take. Sometimes its important to remember its the 'taking part' that counts not the result.

Apparently we only have one world class player (who is out of form) so lets not get our hopes up too high, sit back and just enjoy it. If we lose, try not to react like too badly and look forward to the rest of the competition. If we win, count our blessings and look on with interest for the outcome of Group D.

I know we are all 'winners' inside, so the thought of us losing in any walk of life is hard to take. Sometimes its important to remember its the 'taking part' that counts not the result.

bollocks

what if we come 5th ?

what if we come 5th ?

:jester:

England 3 Slovnia 1 is my prediction. Cornered, the wounded line makes a last stand. :):dancing:

could be right. Scrape through group, glorious quarter final performance and unlucky defeat, all previous forgotten.

Same old England.

Same old Brazil, Argentina and Germany too.

Whatever happened to this "plan" the FA had all those years ago to capitalise on the introduction of the premiership, sooper dooper money and the improvement in the England "academy" [terrible word this, makes it sound like somewhere where you can learn and swot how to be a good footballer] :jester:

England 3 Slovnia 1 is my prediction. Cornered, the wounded line makes a last stand. :dancing::jester:

Scrape through group, glorious quarter final performance and unlucky defeat, all previous forgotten.

Right now, i'd take that.

I reckon we'll scrape through.

well, if the USA win, then we have to win too.

Edit.

In fact, if either the USA or Algeria win, then we have to win. Or its the plane home boys.

Edited by LeazesMag

Edit.

In fact, if either the USA or Algeria win, then we have to win. Or its the plane home boys.

I think England have to win or get a high-scoring draw regardless of what the others do.

Edit.

I think England have to win or get a high-scoring draw regardless of what the others do.

a 1-0 win means we go through, and may top the group

A high scoring draw and we are out if the USA v Algeria produces a winner

Edited by LeazesMag

First day off my holiday, it's not going to be a great start if we get knocked out of the world cup.

I am not confident though, we looked fucking lost at the moment. There is no passion, intelligence, pride or anything. They are just going through the motions and look completely uninterested :jester:

Personally, I'd be dropping the anonymous Lampard (the new John Barnes I'm afraid, excellent for his club, awful for his country) moving Gerrard inside and playing Joe Cole on the left. I'm not Gerrard's biggest fan but he's been the only plus for me, looks a bit more up for it and shraper than the rest of them.

my team would be this

________James________

A Cole__Terry___Upson__Johnson

Lennon__Lampard__Gerrard__J Cole

_______Crouch__________________

_____________Rooney____________

Its absoloutly essential to play Gerrard and Lampard in the middle :jester:

Yerr to be honest we should win about 2-1, Crouch and Rooney

Edited by Venom

my team would be this

________James________

wink or not, fuck are you on about?

my team would be this

________James________

Forget about Gerrard and Lampard, I'm more concerned with you putting the full backs on the wrong sides.

I would drop Rooney. Needs to be reminded that the shirt is more important than his petty, self-centered ways. The other thing, is he a Nigerian 23??! :jester: Looks like a fat 30 year old.

my team would be this

________James________

Its absoloutly essential to play Gerrard and Lampard in the middle

Forget about Gerrard and Lampard, I'm more concerned with you putting the full backs on the wrong sides.

Well its a rough idea

I would drop Rooney. Needs to be reminded that the shirt is more important than his petty, self-centered ways. The other thing, is he a Nigerian 23??! :jester: Looks like a fat 30 year old.

he's fat

he's podgy

his birth certificate's dodgy

Rooney, Rooney