Slovenia -v- England

Andrew

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody going to be streaming this game?

We've managed to persuade our boss to let us come in early today and tomorrow so we can watch the game, but we tried out the tv and freeview box at lunch and turns out the arial is screwed.

We're thinking of streaming it on the bbc, but worried that it will be overloaded with people at work and keep stop starting - will this effect it or is it simply down to bandwidth of your pc and that's it?

If every one at your work is watching it on-line you might have trouble.

Not sure how many people you have at work and what your network set up is like though.

Are you able to watch anything on BBC at the moment? it might all ready be blocked.

Not sure how many people you have at work and what your network set up is like though.

Are you able to watch anything on BBC at the moment? it might all ready be blocked.

It should hopefully be on only one computer as we're going to project it (tried it for the portugal game and the quality is fine). My concern was more to do with a lot of the country possibly straming it and whether this has any effect on the lag / qaulity?

The games on the bbc work fine at the moment

It should hopefully be on only one computer as we're going to project it (tried it for the portugal game and the quality is fine). My concern was more to do with a lot of the country possibly straming it and whether this has any effect on the lag / qaulity?

Well it might have an effect. dunno. I've never had any problems with the BBC online stuff though I.E F1/Tennis. :jester:

Well it might have an effect. dunno. I've never had any problems with the BBC online stuff though I.E F1/Tennis. :jester:

yeah that's what i was thinking, hopefully won't have any problems. Cheers

Someones just phoned to tell me Milner and Defoe are starting tomorrow......I think I might just stay at work tbh and not bother seeing as England appear to be not bothering too... :jester:

Capello's auntie ?

Someones just phoned to tell me Milner and Defoe are starting tomorrow......I think I might just stay at work tbh and not bother seeing as England appear to be not bothering too... :dancing:

Capello's auntie ?

I think its all over the red top's websites so it looks like the don has caved in and told them the team today and theyve all phoned their agents/families who in turn have told the press...Slovenia will put 11 behind the ball, it's another nowts each for me..I hope no ones been gloating about France :jester:

Someones just phoned to tell me Milner and Defoe are starting tomorrow......I think I might just stay at work tbh and not bother seeing as England appear to be not bothering too... :dancing:

Capello's auntie ?

I think its all over the red top's websites so it looks like the don has caved in and told them the team today and theyve all phoned their agents/families who in turn have told the press...Slovenia will put 11 behind the ball, it's another nowts each for me..I hope no ones been gloating about France :jester:

23 x John Terry's all leaking dressing room secrets. So influential ....

Milner starting on the right is a disaster. I think most on here would agree he offers fuck all out there.

I reckon Cole won't start due to Capello not bowing to public/terry pressure.

Defoe/Rooney is an odd pairing, at least it can't be pumped long.

If the opposition have remotely pacey strikers, then Terry/Upson are boned. That'll be the hazard of bringing 2crocked centre backs and one in shite form.

Joe Cole seems a much better player for not actually playing. I'm sure if he gets on the pitch hwe will manage to sink to the level of the rest of them.

I've become pretty ambivelent about the result. I'm sure if England win I will get into it, but at the moment the only effect England are having on me is spoiling the rest of the tournament. I hate most of the players so much I would take quite a lot of pleasure from watching them fail

reckon England will trundle to a 2-0.

Cole must be injured or have royally pissed off Capello to miss out again.

Milner starting on the right is a disaster. I think most on here would agree he offers fuck all out there.

If the opposition have remotely pacey strikers, then Terry/Upson are boned. That'll be the hazard of bringing 2crocked centre backs and one in shite form.

Upbeat about Defoe/Rooney partnership. Play two goalscoreres.

yep, it's not what people wanted, Gerrard behind the striker, but stil an improvement.

I read that it took Heskey 24minutes for a successful pass against Algeria.

Capello talks a lot of shite about picking players fit and in form.

yep, it's not what people wanted, Gerrard behind the striker, but stil an improvement.

I read that it took Heskey 24minutes for a successful pass against Algeria.

Capello talks a lot of shite about picking players fit and in form.

Yeah but 'people' just repeat bollocks they hear on telly. The whole Gerrard behind striker lark is something that more or less caused the end of Benitez at Liverpool. Gerrard is a midfielder or truly immense gifts when played in the middle and given license to attack the box FROM TIME TO TIME. Defoe is a nautral goalscorer and a better 'pure striker' than Rooney IMO. Rooney has become a better allround forward but perhaps has lost a little of his purity.