Slovenia -v- England

Andrew

Christ, USA have won. Goddamn Algerians literally cannot do anything right.

Pretty feeble performance from England. I hope there's not going to be back-patting from Capello and the rest of the England camp. We played like shit and squeaked through.

It was a good performance from England tbf. Not sure what match you watched.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ, USA have won. Goddamn Algerians literally cannot do anything right.

Pretty feeble performance from England. I hope there's not going to be back-patting from Capello and the rest of the England camp. We played like shit and squeaked through.

you reckon? until the last 20 I was impressed with us, held the ball much better, created more chances, ran and pressured their possesion more

Bad feeling about that late goal from Yanks. ;)

Like they've just said in the studio there though, after the first two matches, getting out of the group's what matters. Probably Germany next and then if we somehow beat them, likely the Argies!

Masterful performance from England should have had 3/4 goals really.

dunno about masterful like but so much calmer in possesion, definitely should have had more goals

Great performance from England IMO. Tired in the last 20 mins but really should have won 3 or 4 nil.

Would love to know what match those who reckon our performance was abject were watching.

My money's on a Ghana / Germany draw tonight which makes Ghana group D winners and therefore our opponents on Sunday. We'll know for sure tonight though.

full of praise for Milner and Defoe here both made a huge difference, once milner got his eye in he was playing some devastating crosses that deserved more goals and Defoe chased everything when they had the ball

Great performance from England IMO. Tired in the last 20 mins but really should have won 3 or 4 nil.

Would love to know what match those who reckon our performance was abject were watching.

My money's on a Ghana / Germany draw tonight which makes Ghana group D winners and therefore our opponents on Sunday. We'll know for sure tonight though.

Ghana look a decent side tbf. And quick too. There aren't many easy passages from this point on anyway I suppose.

Makes tonight interesting anyway - it would have been utterly deflating if we'd gone out and tonight meant nowt.

full of praise for Milner and Defoe here both made a huge difference, once milner got his eye in he was playing some devastating crosses that deserved more goals and Defoe chased everything when they had the ball

Aye Milner doing Beckham's job and just swinging great crosses in. Makes a huge difference.

Germany and Serbia will win, which means we'll be playing Germany. FFs!

Stevie will be on here later on. Mullered and offering all krauts outside for a tear-up. ;)

That attempted block with his head by Terry. :icon_lol::)

Good performance but it was against Slovenia ffs! Apparently the USA has a bigger prison population than Slovenia.

so? they'd played well enough to top the group after 2 games and if you're taking population as a measure we should have no chance of winning the WC compared to the likes of Brazil of the USA and India and China didnt even qualify!

Germany and Serbia will win, which means we'll be playing Germany. FFs!

Stevie will be on here later on. Mullered and offering all krauts outside for a tear-up. ;)

That attempted block with his head by Terry. :icon_lol::)

:D

Very impressed by England today, very good going forward, Milner was fantastic, some of the best crosses of the tournament so far whilst James and Terry looked very assured at the back when needed.

However, finishing second is extremely worrying for you guys, even if you do get past the Germans/Ghana etc in the next round I can't see anyone beating Argentina

Famous last words, but I wouldn't be particularly scared of any of the teams in the Germans' group, to be honest. Even with us not in top form.

Let's hope without klose they are sufficently blunted, there's always the late dive though. Pen 89min German styleee.

Famous last words, but I wouldn't be particularly scared of any of the teams in the Germans' group, to be honest. Even with us not in top form.

Let's hope without klose they are sufficently blunted, there's always the late dive though. Pen 89min German styleee.

Is Klose out for two games like? Or just one?

Aye Milner doing Beckham's job and just swinging great crosses in. Makes a huge difference.

Agreed he was class today. But then the passes as a whole were something else. Some of those long-balls were absolutely inch perfect.