Slovenia -v- England

Andrew

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice Terry starting a huddle in the centre circle at full time, and calling everyone in? Lampard got out of there quickly.

That Terry though, what a great natural leader and all-round good-guy.

Knocked out on pens in the semis or quarters. Probably by a country we've had a war against.

;)

Wouldn't it be easier to list the countries Britain hasn't had a war against?

Anyone else notice Terry starting a huddle in the centre circle at full time, and calling everyone in? Lampard got out of there quickly.

Yeah....wasn't impressed with Lampard there. As corny as it is, Terry was just trying to get that team spirit going.

Very impressed by England today, very good going forward, Milner was fantastic, some of the best crosses of the tournament so far whilst James and Terry looked very assured at the back when needed.

However, finishing second is extremely worrying for you guys, even if you do get past the Germans/Ghana etc in the next round I can't see anyone beating Argentina

I agree the Argies will be very very difficult to beat but if you watched them in qualifying, they were utter gash. Anything could happen, they may have peaked too early, whereas we are just beginning to find our form. You never know.

You do realise you were playing Slovenia, yes?

Yeah....wasn't impressed with Lampard there. As corny as it is, Terry was just trying to get that team spirit going.

lamps has proven himself to be the smart one, cleaning up Terrys mess of a press conference.

Team building and speeches can be done in the dressing room. Terry is a self-serving pig, and IMO, did it on the pitch to show everyone that he's the real captain and a positive influence. FWIW, I reckon most will see through it.

lamps has proven himself to be the smart one, cleaning up Terrys mess of a press conference.

Team building and speeches can be done in the dressing room. Terry is a self-serving pig, and IMO, did it on the pitch to show everyone that he's the real captain and a positive influence. FWIW, I reckon most will see through it.

Spot on.

Very impressed by England today, very good going forward, Milner was fantastic, some of the best crosses of the tournament so far whilst James and Terry looked very assured at the back when needed.

However, finishing second is extremely worrying for you guys, even if you do get past the Germans/Ghana etc in the next round I can't see anyone beating Argentina

I agree the Argies will be very very difficult to beat but if you watched them in qualifying, they were utter gash. Anything could happen, they may have peaked too early, whereas we are just beginning to find our form. You never know.

He must be daft or summat, Kev.

He must be daft or summat, Kev.

Probably ;)

Germany next. Let's hope it's not going to pelanties.

We're out.

One of these teams has a clear path to the semi's it should have been us.

Ghana

Uruguay

USA

South Korea

Gormless fucking cretins have fvked up the easiest WC route gifted on a silver plate by a gold winged eagle. Fuck them.

Edited by Park Life

You've been cowed by living with them for so long Parky. Now zip it! There wasn't that much to choose between the two sides, and if we're gonna win, I'd sooner bray the Germans, and if we're gonna get beat I'd rather go out to a proper superpower like the Germans.

Germany next. Let's hope it's not going to pelanties.

We're out.

One of these teams has a clear path to the semi's it should have been us.

Ghana

Uruguay

USA

South Korea

Gormless fucking cretins have fvked up the easiest WC route gifted on a silver plate by a gold winged eagle. Fuck them.

Yup it's an extremely difficult route for England now, getting to the last 8 against Argentina is all that can really be expected now, anything else would be a major success considering the start you had to the tournament.

Let's give it a go before we write ourselves off - you never know we might win. If all else fails at least we did better than France.

I think Parky is imagining the pitying looks and patronising airs he's going to get if the sausage munchers turn us over. Chin up, old boy, Spirit of the Blitz! You need to go about your buisiness in one of those plastic England bowler hats the Sun gives away about now....

Let's give it a go before we write ourselves off - you never know we might win. If all else fails at least we did better than France.

I think Parky is imagining the pitying looks and patronising airs he's going to get if the sausage munchers turn us over. Chin up, old boy, Spirit of the Blitz! You need to go about your buisiness in one of those plastic England bowler hats the Sun gives away about now....

;)

Living here I know that they have absolutely 0 fear of playing us.

Edited by Park Life

You've been cowed by living with them for so long Parky. Now zip it! There wasn't that much to choose between the two sides, and if we're gonna win, I'd sooner bray the Germans, and if we're gonna get beat I'd rather go out to a proper superpower like the Germans.

Exactly. Will be watching with my kraut mate, no fear here.

;)

That'll make it all the sweeter when we beat them! Seriously, I'm more excited about this than the prospect of playing South Korea or some other numpties.

was just talking to a german mate myself who said something like "i dont really care who we play, I always just expect us to win, I don't know why I just do" completely unaware of how much that confirms the stereotype. England need that sort of belief if they are to go any further.

;)

Really?! I beleive that attitude won them the last competitive fixture between the two teams. AND TWO WARS!

was just talking to a german mate myself who said something like "i dont really care who we play, I always just expect us to win, I don't know why I just do" completely unaware of how much that confirms the stereotype. England need that sort of belief if they are to go any further.

That's what I was tryng to explain earlier, already had Mrs P's brother on the blower giving it large. They don't even think they can lose to us anymore when it counts.